Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th

(Read 5333 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #165 on: May 24, 2012, 01:12 PM »

Sorry to disagree with you John... but I can't imagine Andy not taking this opportunity to be as competitve-ready as possible as a prep for RG.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #166 on: May 24, 2012, 01:18 PM »

That was poor. All it does is make other lesser players think it's all too easy to beat Andy.
Sorry john, don't believe he'll make it into the second week unless he has a very cushy draw.
[ Last edit by blueberryhill May 24, 2012, 01:23 PM ] IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #167 on: May 24, 2012, 01:19 PM »

Frown  usually I'm the negative one   what has happened to me ?!   He will make the 2nd week  I believe.

cmonandy
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #168 on: May 24, 2012, 01:20 PM »

Don't accept your positive slant on Andy, John
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #169 on: May 24, 2012, 01:21 PM »

Don't accept your positive slant on Andy, John
what's that supposed to mean?
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #170 on: May 24, 2012, 01:22 PM »

I know it's only an exo so we shouldn't read too much into it, but no way does Andy look ready for RG. I just hope he doesn't end up making his injury worse by playing RG and then messing up his chances for Wimbledon/Olympics/USO.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #171 on: May 24, 2012, 01:23 PM »

Well john, perhaps it's best to have zero expectations about Andy at RG. Then one can hopefully be pleasantly surprised, or horribly smug Whistle
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #172 on: May 24, 2012, 01:23 PM »

I can't deal with being a Murray fan at this time of the year  I don't know what to think Frown  I really  don't.  I will just let it all go  I think.    This article  fills me with some confidence though  yay

http://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/sport/story/152261.html
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 May 24, 2012, 01:28 PM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #173 on: May 24, 2012, 01:32 PM »

^Thanks John... altho' the title sounds a bit oxymoronic to me.
I did note his movement looked good, so I'm happy about that.

"The British No.1 did not look restricted in his movement.."
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #174 on: May 24, 2012, 01:32 PM »

None of the results have been what you'd expect, so I don't think we can read too much into it.
Llodra (57) bt Dolgo (19) 6-1 6-4
Bolelli (111) bt Delpo (9) 7-6 6-4
Mathieu (258) bt Anderson (34) 6-3 6-1
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #175 on: May 24, 2012, 01:34 PM »

None of the results have been what you'd expect, so I don't think we can read too much into it.
Llodra (57) bt Dolgo (19) 6-1 6-4
Bolelli (111) bt Delpo (9) 7-6 6-4
Mathieu (258) bt Anderson (34) 6-3 6-1

That's what I was trying to say from the start!  thank you Elena.  Don't write off Muzza just yet people !
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #176 on: May 24, 2012, 01:36 PM »

I can't be bothered to read any of the previous posts.  My kneejerk reaction is to say that anybody who thinks Murray will win the French Open is deluded.  If he ever wins a Slam, based on what I've seen to date over the years, then it'll be a miracle.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #177 on: May 24, 2012, 01:42 PM »

In my view Andy is still clearly injured.  I would much rather he pulled out of RG than risked going out in the first round which could well happen given the way he played to day.  Even the interviewer advised him to 'take a rest' and Boris Becker, who usually pulls no punches about Andy - advises the same.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/9285527/Boris-Becker-urges-Andy-Murray-to-pull-out-of-French-Open-rather-than-risk-serious-injury.html

Surely it's just not worth the risk of exacerbating the injury.
[ Last edit by Alis May 24, 2012, 02:39 PM ] IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #178 on: May 24, 2012, 01:53 PM »

I honestly don't think world hopping tennis suits him and when he was faced with the choice years ago, he should have chosen football.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #179 on: May 24, 2012, 02:02 PM »

I honestly don't think world hopping tennis suits him and when he was faced with the choice years ago, he should have chosen football.

I'm sorry  but that's just an outrageous thing to say!. Why are you on here anyway? Your obviously not a Andy Murray fan. Lots of people keep on saying this and I am tired and sick of it.  Of course tennis would suit him better.   he's number 4 in the world.  Won so many titles. has so much money.  He's the best tennis player that Britain has had for YEARS!!. Incredible athlete  works so hard on and off the court.   Do you honestly think that football would have suited him better... I think not!!!  Where is the evidence?

Do you know what  these are the kind of posts which frustrate me..   sure you can be negative  we all are at some point  .. I've done it as well (guilty)  but your putting too much pressure on Andy.. We all are.  Our expectations are high because he is number 4 in the world.  but you can't get what you want all the time!!  Cut the guy some slack.  He may have a serious back injury and if he does pull out of RG  then I will be behind him  100%!
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 May 24, 2012, 02:08 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »