Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Down Reply
Author

Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th

(Read 5495 times)
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #180 on: May 24, 2012, 02:13 PM »

At the end of the day – this is an exho match.  Okay we would ordinarily expect Andy to beat Gulbis – I didn’t get to watch the match so cannot comment on Andy’s play but it was not a 6-1 6-1.  We don’t know what is going on in Andy’s camp he maybe went out there to try things out, acclimatise the conditions etc.  He maybe never went all out for fear of his back injury.  At the end of the day, we don’t know and we never will know, what we have to do is trust that Andy and his team know what they are doing and that following this period of transition (or getting used to new ways) that it will eventually click and come good.  Andy has class and that is permanent, form is temporary and can be affected by all manner of things.
Dissecting an exho match bit by bit will not prove anything or tell us anything, we just need to keep the faith, believe in Andy and remember that when Andy does come good he is one of the most exciting and prolific tennis players on the tour and that is why we are all Murray fans and probably explains why we get so strung out when things are not right and not going well.

Keep the faith, believe and trust…………….

johnkiernan35 - please don't give up, I feel exactly the same as you and know how big a Murray fan you are. 
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #181 on: May 24, 2012, 02:17 PM »

It was an exhibition match, look at the results of the previous matches. There was nothing wrong with Andy's movement and we just have to wait for RG and see how he gets on then. Andy was relaxed and not a bit bothered it was a good work out. Are you ruling out Del Po?He lost to an also ran. confused wthell
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #182 on: May 24, 2012, 02:18 PM »

At the end of the day – this is an exho match.  Okay we would ordinarily expect Andy to beat Gulbis – I didn’t get to watch the match so cannot comment on Andy’s play but it was not a 6-1 6-1.  We don’t know what is going on in Andy’s camp he maybe went out there to try things out, acclimatise the conditions etc.  He maybe never went all out for fear of his back injury.  At the end of the day, we don’t know and we never will know, what we have to do is trust that Andy and his team know what they are doing and that following this period of transition (or getting used to new ways) that it will eventually click and come good.  Andy has class and that is permanent, form is temporary and can be affected by all manner of things.
Dissecting an exho match bit by bit will not prove anything or tell us anything, we just need to keep the faith, believe in Andy and remember that when Andy does come good he is one of the most exciting and prolific tennis players on the tour and that is why we are all Murray fans and probably explains why we get so strung out when things are not right and not going well.

Keep the faith, believe and trust…………….

johnkiernan35 - please don't give up, I feel exactly the same as you and know how big a Murray fan you are. 

yay  cmon yeah  Thanks  hug  clap  Good posting!
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #183 on: May 24, 2012, 02:19 PM »

calm down... as I said earlier  its only an exhibition!.  If this was competitive Andy would have won.  Everyone has to calm down.  Andy will make the 2nd week at RG.  I'm sure.  I'm positive  cmon yeah  yay
Totally agree. Just forget the negatives, they really are not worth bothering about.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #184 on: May 24, 2012, 02:22 PM »

It was an exhibition match, look at the results of the previous matches. There was nothing wrong with Andy's movement and we just have to wait for RG and see how he gets on then. Andy was relaxed and not a bit bothered it was a good work out. Are you ruling out Del Po?He lost to an also ran. confused wthell
Andy just wanted to get a bit of match practise  because  there was a lack of it.    Delpo has been playing brilliantly over the clay season.  He is one of the contenders to win RG 
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #185 on: May 24, 2012, 02:24 PM »

I do agree looking at the other results it looks as though they are just using this as practice.  I have just had a look at the past and Andy has had as much practice as other years but has actually done better this year than 2010 and 2011 by this time.  I just get upset sometimes but am still very proud of him.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #186 on: May 24, 2012, 02:31 PM »

I turned on when Andy was 4-1 40-0 up. lol

I can remember Andy losing to Paul-Henri Mathieu at this exhibition in the last few years...
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #187 on: May 24, 2012, 02:42 PM »

Verdasco is not exactly knocking the young Canadian off the court he is down 4-1 in the second set, so ....!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #188 on: May 24, 2012, 02:55 PM »

Maybe the brief to all the higher ranked players was to go out there and lose!!
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #189 on: May 24, 2012, 03:03 PM »

I am sure Andy and Lendl talked about this exibition match.Why would he go out there and in beating Gulbis maybe injure his back again.I have a feeling he wanted to test his back and get in some court practice.Which is what he did.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #190 on: May 24, 2012, 03:23 PM »

Missed the match but have just read through all your posts.  Andy did say he would use this match to try a few things out but I find it hard to believe that he's going to gain any confidence from this loss despite what ESPN says -

"The British No.1 did not look restricted in his movement and although he was beaten, Murray is likely to head to Roland Garros buoyed by two hours' practice under his belt."

Maybe it'll be a case of "It'll be alright on the night", and you never can tell with Andy, but I'm afraid I can't summon up any optimisim now.

I am sure Andy and Lendl talked about this exibition match.Why would he go out there and in beating Gulbis maybe injure his back again.I have a feeling he wanted to test his back and get in some court practice.Which is what he did.
Well he certainly gave his back a good test, so if there is the slightest reaction to this match then I hope he does pull out of RG.

[ Last edit by Aileen May 24, 2012, 03:29 PM ] IP Logged
reef
Junior

coral reef

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #191 on: May 24, 2012, 03:36 PM »

Didn't see it either - just switched on to see Verdasco.  Yes, no big deal but surely it would have been better to get a win, just for the sake of Andy's confidence?  Too many losses lately.

I agree it's all about Andy's back holding out but we know he hates losing at all times.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #192 on: May 24, 2012, 03:56 PM »

^^ Exactly, reef.  Andy does not like being beaten - and by a player ranked No.92 at that.

I've just been speaking to a friend who watched it and she said Andy looked thoroughly p****d off at the end.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #193 on: May 24, 2012, 04:04 PM »

^^ Exactly, reef.  Andy does not like being beaten - and by a player ranked No.92 at that.

I've just been speaking to a friend who watched it and she said Andy looked thoroughly p****d off at the end.
Andy didnt seem that bothered tbh
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #194 on: May 24, 2012, 04:07 PM »

^ Agree John... didn't seem bothered at all.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »