Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th  (Read 4039 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #195 on: May 24, 2012, 04:12 PM »

Andy didnt seem that bothered tbh
^ Agree John... didn't seem bothered at all.
Are you trying to tell me Andy didn't seem bothered about losing, or he looked like he couldn't be bothered playing?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #196 on: May 24, 2012, 04:21 PM »

^No Aileen.... I mean at the end when he was being interviewed, he just seemed neutral... neither excited nor disappointed, to me anyway. Shrug
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #197 on: May 24, 2012, 04:28 PM »

^ It might surprise you, but I see that reaction as a fairly positive sign.  Keeping his feelings in check and not giving anything away.  Doesn't mean though that I think he's now going to go into RG at take the place by storm!!  Nor would I be suprised if he pulls out.
[ Last edit by Aileen May 24, 2012, 04:36 PM ] IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #198 on: May 24, 2012, 04:46 PM »

well if he does compete in the tournament  hold on to your hats folks  its going to be a bumpy ride Very Happy  all aboard the Murray Coaster.  Just remember what happened  last year  I suffered heart failure.... TWICE Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #199 on: May 24, 2012, 04:53 PM »

I swear that being an Andy fan takes years off your life.  Just very glad I've got most of mine under my belt!  old  lol
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #200 on: May 24, 2012, 05:00 PM »

I swear that being an Andy fan takes years off your life.  Just very glad I've got most of mine under my belt!  old  lol

lol   hug   Well I'm only a teenager.... so  yeah  w00t lol
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #201 on: May 24, 2012, 06:05 PM »

lol   hug   Well I'm only a teenager.... so  yeah  w00t lol
Well then I'm a toddler.... Fingers crossed haha
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #202 on: May 24, 2012, 06:50 PM »

Yay! Andy wins "keepie uppies" at least ! U can see video on tennisx
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #203 on: May 24, 2012, 06:56 PM »

I think Andy used this match as a practice match unfortunately, to many people view it differently. Well done him. He was not at all bothered by the lose, and neither should he be. Everyone reads too much  in to the lose. Leave him alone. If he decides to play so be it it is up to lendl and his team. good luck to what they decide,,.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #204 on: May 24, 2012, 07:09 PM »

I reckon Andy knows he should have rested for most of the clay court season to help his back and is now kicking himself as a result leaving him in no man land regarding the French Open.

I expect an early exit not due to form but due to fatigue as clay is remorseless on the body and over the course of 1 week never mind 2 physio will not be enough.

So fellow MW posters don't have a go at him if he loses to a less than elite player, remember he is trying his best.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #205 on: May 24, 2012, 07:51 PM »

I certaintly will not  have a go at him. he may surprise us, who knows. Clay is the worst surface to lay on with any injury. ets wait and see.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #206 on: May 24, 2012, 07:53 PM »

I give up in despair, Andy has a very good team and Lendl, and Andy knows his own body, they are the ones in the know, none of us do, but I really do think too many are reading too much into Andy's play at the moment. I watched the match between Andy and Gulbis on Eurosport and thought he moved very well and began the match very well and broke Gulbis easily, after that he let up as I felt he knew where he was with his game. I didn't see any evidence of his back causing him any discomfort, and he was fine at the end of the match. He had his workout and winning was not a top priority, at least this what I saw, others may have seen more into it. But what I do know is that none of us know how Andy is and what Physio etc he's been having and Lendl certainly wouldn't want Andy to play if it meant his injury or niggle would get worse and impinge on the rest of his season.
However watching the video of him practicing in RG both Andy, Lendl were relaxed and smiling, not what you would expect if they were worried about anything.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #207 on: May 24, 2012, 08:14 PM »

Well said Michelle, as I posted earlier, we can surmise and guess all we like but only Andy and his team know what the real script is.  They are all professionals and will make the necessary decisions for the best outcome for Andy.  We have to trust and believe and wait for Andy to come back to his best, class is permanent, form is temporary.  Mr Magic will resurface he is too good not to.  Roll on Wimbledon where we will witness Murray Magic...........

In Muzza we trust.
IP Logged
reef
Junior

coral reef

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #208 on: May 24, 2012, 09:42 PM »

Aileen - I empathise as I keep trying to switch off, in a weird way hoping that might activate a turnaround but it doesn't work that way as I get Andy-withdrawals and the whole cycle starts over again.  My expectations are deliberately low for RG.  Being realistic not negative.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #209 on: May 25, 2012, 12:16 AM »

Aileen - I empathise as I keep trying to switch off, in a weird way hoping that might activate a turnaround but it doesn't work that way as I get Andy-withdrawals and the whole cycle starts over again.  My expectations are deliberately low for RG.  Being realistic not negative.
Yes I can see where you're coming from.  Deliberately trying to switch off is a waste of time when Andy is playing, but I don't get Andy-withdrawals when he isn't because I like tennis in general and there are a few other players I like to watch - something which also helps to cushion me against disappointments when he loses (unless of course it's the latter stages of a Slam).  Like you my expectations are low for RG - and that's being realistic - but I'm basing these on what I've seen so far on clay plus reports on this match.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »