Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] Go Down Reply
Author

Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th

(Read 6010 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #210 on: May 25, 2012, 02:39 AM »

Maybe there is a gliimmer of hope after all for RG, assuming Andy is fit -

Murray vs. Fish - Guinot Mary Cohr, 2010.  Andy eventually won a tight match 11-9 in a match tiebreak - and I do remember watching it.

QUOTE - "French TV interviewed Andy afterwards and he said the match had lasted two hours and had been perfect preparation for RG. He also said that the courts are faster at RG which was good for him and that he'd done well last year in reaching the quarters and was hoping to do well again this year."

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/andy-murray/mardy-fish-andy-murray-(exhibition)/15/
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #211 on: May 25, 2012, 07:14 AM »

Of course, it is also possible Andy only really cares/bothers about the slams these days Shrug
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #212 on: May 25, 2012, 09:06 AM »

If that's the case then I understand why he might think that way, but surely you need to have a winning mentality all of the time to succeed at the highest level?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #213 on: May 25, 2012, 09:45 AM »

TD@ 9.06. Yes, I'd absolutely agree with you, which is why a half hearted loss to Gubis is, for me, disappointing.
As I've said b4, I have zero expectations of Andy at RG, therefore I'm bound to be either pleasantly surprised, or not bothered. Win, win I'd say Wink
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #214 on: May 25, 2012, 10:22 AM »

Didn't see the Gulbis match.  In today's Indie Andy quoted as saying his back feeling better than it was but it appears it's a recurrent problem.  That could mean that the fear of aggravating it is inhibiting his serve, which I gather was poor again yesterday. 
That he didn't appear to be bothered in his post-match interview - well it was only an exhibition match and if he was using it to practise things and not risk further injury then hardly surprising.
That said, like some others my expectations of RG are now v low.  But unlike bbh I can't say I won't be bothered if he does badly.  It always hurts when Andy loses especially to a lesser player.  So I have to say I'm not looking forward to RG, which is disappointing as for once I'll be at home for all but the Monday and Tuesday though think I'll go walking in Derbyshire on Sunday if this wonderful weather keeps up, whoever is playing.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #215 on: May 25, 2012, 10:39 AM »

Quite surprised to see that Benneteau is playing this event today, and RG next week. After that fall in Monte Carlo I thought he'd be out for months.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #216 on: May 25, 2012, 10:46 AM »

Quite surprised to see that Benneteau is playing this event today, and RG next week. After that fall in Monte Carlo I thought he'd be out for months.

He couldn't have fractured his elbow as they reported at the time - if he had he wouldn't be playing this week.  Glad to see him back though.
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #217 on: May 25, 2012, 01:37 PM »

An early exit from RG is a dead cert.

That could mean that the fear of aggravating it is inhibiting his serve, which I gather was poor again yesterday. 

His serve has be consistently poor for his entire career. There are occasional spells where it's pretty good, but these have been few and far between.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #218 on: May 25, 2012, 01:39 PM »

Andy will make RG  semis !! yay  cmonandy
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #219 on: May 25, 2012, 01:40 PM »

Beating Gasquet and Ferrer in consecutive matches on clay? Seems extremely unlikely to me, especially when considering his form so far this swing.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Andy v. Gulbis - Guinot Mary-Cohr (Exho) May 24th « Reply #220 on: May 25, 2012, 05:01 PM »

Well he definitely did hurt his ankle, but I have my doubts about the elbow fracture, although his arm did seem to be giving him pain as well.   Just very glad that things weren't as severe as the press report suggested.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »