Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Anyone want to meet at Andy's Gold Postbox in Dunblane? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Anyone want to meet at Andy's Gold Postbox in Dunblane?  (Read 5749 times)
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Anyone want to meet at Andy's Gold Postbox in Dunblane? « Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 09:11 PM »

Mark, feel free to move this if unsuitable here. I couldn't think where to post it.

Some of you folks know that I am returning to my roots in Aberdeen, Scotland soon, and I thank those who sent me kind wishes.
It's going to be a very busy time for me, but on my bucket-list is a trip to Dunblane to get a pic with Andy's Gold Olympic post box.

I'm sticking my neck out here  Embarassed  by asking if any of my fellow MurrayWorlders would like to meet and get a pic with me there? It would be brilliant if some of us could meet, but if you'd rather remain anonymous I also respect that.

I'm thinking maybe of Sunday June 2nd in early afternoon. I don't know if anything will be open for refreshments, be it tea/coffee/something fully-leaded.

Anyone interested? And if I end up all Johnny No-Mates, that's okay. I'm still going!  cmon yeah

Have a great time Scotnadian wish i could be there but unfortunately cannot. Hope all who meet up have a great time.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Anyone want to meet at Andy's Gold Postbox in Dunblane? « Reply #16 on: May 09, 2013, 10:42 PM »

Ooh have a fab time all those who can make it - and post plenty piccies please!
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Anyone want to meet at Andy's Gold Postbox in Dunblane? « Reply #17 on: May 09, 2013, 11:41 PM »

if I lived closer ,id be there with bells on.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Anyone want to meet at Andy's Gold Postbox in Dunblane? « Reply #18 on: May 10, 2013, 03:50 AM »

Mark, feel free to move this if unsuitable here. I couldn't think where to post it.

Some of you folks know that I am returning to my roots in Aberdeen, Scotland soon, and I thank those who sent me kind wishes. x
It's going to be a very busy time for me, but on my bucket-list is a trip to Dunblane to get a pic with Andy's Gold Olympic post box.

I'm sticking my neck out here  Embarassed  by asking if any of my fellow MurrayWorlders would like to meet and get a pic with me there? It would be brilliant if some of us could meet, but if you'd rather remain anonymous I also respect that.

I'm thinking maybe of Sunday June 2nd in early afternoon. I don't know if anything will be open for refreshments, be it tea/coffee/something fully-leaded.

Anyone interested? And if I end up all Johnny No-Mates, that's okay. I'm still going!  cmon yeah

I would love to but alas, it will have to be in spirit!  Hopefully my mum has settled my debt with Dunblane Museum for my magnets (which my mum hasn't sent me yet Think).

Have a fabulous time! grouphug
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Andy book signing at Piccadilly, Nov 2013

Re: Anyone want to meet at Andy's Gold Postbox in Dunblane? « Reply #19 on: May 10, 2013, 01:49 PM »

When he gets his hotel done up we could have a MW convention there one year. as I suggested once before. I guess it might be way out of my price range though, so I'd have to save up. Expect it will be something really special.
What fun that would be, and it's nice to have a dream anyway even if it is a bit pie in the sky. hug

Now that's an outstanding idea!
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Anyone want to meet at Andy's Gold Postbox in Dunblane? « Reply #20 on: May 10, 2013, 01:54 PM »

I'm up for that!  It's not a long haul from home here in dear old Glasgae!  Don't know why I haven't thought about it before - I'd love to add a picture or two to my collection!

It would need to be at the weekend though - I'm away a lot working during the week. 

Great idea.

p.s. Did you take a look at the recent picture of the dog on top of the post box, over in the thread about Andy dogs?  Top class!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Anyone want to meet at Andy's Gold Postbox in Dunblane? « Reply #21 on: May 10, 2013, 01:56 PM »

Mickeypops Linda I think has settled on Sunday 2nd June if that suits you?
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Anyone want to meet at Andy's Gold Postbox in Dunblane? « Reply #22 on: May 10, 2013, 03:01 PM »

I can do that!  Looking forward to getting details....
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Anyone want to meet at Andy's Gold Postbox in Dunblane? « Reply #23 on: May 10, 2013, 04:13 PM »

I can do that!  Looking forward to getting details....

thumb up
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Anyone want to meet at Andy's Gold Postbox in Dunblane? « Reply #24 on: May 10, 2013, 04:46 PM »

Sorry too far away for me Linda but lovely idea and hope you have a great time at the postbox.  Looking forward to the pics.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Anyone want to meet at Andy's Gold Postbox in Dunblane? « Reply #25 on: May 13, 2013, 12:47 AM »

I'm up for that!  It's not a long haul from home here in dear old Glasgae!  Don't know why I haven't thought about it before - I'd love to add a picture or two to my collection!

It would need to be at the weekend though - I'm away a lot working during the week. 

Great idea.

p.s. Did you take a look at the recent picture of the dog on top of the post box, over in the thread about Andy dogs?  Top class!
Hope you can make it Mickeypops. I did see the pic of Maggie on top of the postbox, thanks. Smile
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Anyone want to meet at Andy's Gold Postbox in Dunblane? « Reply #26 on: May 13, 2013, 12:50 AM »

Caroline, wimbledonwestie, Bev and Ruthie. Sorry you can't be there.

Bev.. does your mum live close by, and if so can she come?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Anyone want to meet at Andy's Gold Postbox in Dunblane? « Reply #27 on: May 13, 2013, 01:44 AM »

Caroline, wimbledonwestie, Bev and Ruthie. Sorry you can't be there.

Bev.. does your mum live close by, and if so can she come?

nah  My mum lives in Doncaster but a lovely lady at Dunblane museum sent my mum some fridge magnets for me and then my mum should have paid for them for me search  She text me at the weekend to say that she's posted them to me.  Eight years ago this coming weekend, I was in Scotland tender  I had a wonderful time!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Anyone want to meet at Andy's Gold Postbox in Dunblane? « Reply #28 on: May 17, 2013, 11:22 AM »

Would love to have met you and the gold post box Linda, but too far on a busy weekend. Have a great trip!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Anyone want to meet at Andy's Gold Postbox in Dunblane? « Reply #29 on: May 18, 2013, 02:49 AM »

Spot the latest addition to my fridge! Please ignore dirty the finger prints Embarassed Note to self - clean fridge on the outside!

Special thanks go to Marjorie Davies at Dunblane Museum goodjob

* Fridge.JPG (270.98 KB, 1152x1536 - viewed 83 times.)
[ Last edit by Bevc May 18, 2013, 02:53 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »