Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: A place in the semi-final awaits the winner.  Who will it be.
Sayounara Andy? - 4 (11.4%)
Sayounara Kei? - 31 (88.6%)
Doh! I voted for sayounara Andy instead of sayounara Kei! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 32 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori

(Read 6090 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #30 on: January 23, 2012, 11:41 PM »

It was done for John why not me? I was rushing out just saw Andy's name and voted didn't read it. Don't be so mean. The easy,charitable option is always best.

Sorry, I misunderstood you.  I thought you meant change the poll but you mean amend your vote.  That's a mod thing I think but I've added another option now. Smile
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #31 on: January 23, 2012, 11:54 PM »

Maybe not everyone understands sayonara means goodbye?
Yes, sayonara is goodbye.... We want none of that unless it's Andy saying goodbye to kei.
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #32 on: January 24, 2012, 12:42 AM »

I have always thought the polls were a bit pointless really to be honest!  If you ask a group of Andy Murray fans who is going to win, the result of the poll isn't in doubt unless it is Rafa or Nole he is playing!

IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #33 on: January 24, 2012, 12:44 AM »

It was done for John why not me? I was rushing out just saw Andy's name and voted didn't read it. Don't be so mean. The easy,charitable option is always best.

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #34 on: January 24, 2012, 03:01 AM »

I have always thought the polls were a bit pointless really to be honest!  If you ask a group of Andy Murray fans who is going to win, the result of the poll isn't in doubt unless it is Rafa or Nole he is playing!

I hope you noticed the light heartedness in mine Very Happy 
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #35 on: January 24, 2012, 03:34 AM »

OOP out for Wednesday - Andy 3rd on RLA with play not to start before 2.30 pm local time, so 3.30 am UK time and 4.30 pm NZ time.
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/schedule/schedule15.html
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #36 on: January 24, 2012, 04:13 AM »

Thanks Bev. Smile

I wasn't too surprised that Nishikori beat Tsonga because he beat him in three in Shanghai last year, and then went on to beat an admittedly out-of-form Djokovic in Basel.  Andy really should win this fairly easily ( nervous ) as Nishikori not only had a five-setter but he plays doubles today, and he has an ankle injury which he picked up in the Tsonga match.  However, I hope Nishikori does turn in a decent performance as I feel Andy needs to be tested a bit more after the Kukushkin non-event to ginger him up again.

Incidentally, maybe some of you know this anyway, but Nishikori parted company with Brad Gilbert after Wimbledon, although they "still keep in touch".  The contract was supposed to be until the end of 2011.  Certainly Nishikori's results pre-Wimbledon were poor but improved greatly after the USO ... Think
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #37 on: January 24, 2012, 08:58 AM »

Thanks Bev, will set the alarm again. Andy should get through this no bother, but hope Nishikori makes a game of it, as you said Andy needs to be tested more so he is really ready to just explode in to his best tennis.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #38 on: January 24, 2012, 09:10 AM »

Thanks Bev. Smile

I wasn't too surprised that Nishikori beat Tsonga because he beat him in three in Shanghai last year, and then went on to beat an admittedly out-of-form Djokovic in Basel.  Andy really should win this fairly easily ( nervous ) as Nishikori not only had a five-setter but he plays doubles today, and he has an ankle injury which he picked up in the Tsonga match.  However, I hope Nishikori does turn in a decent performance as I feel Andy needs to be tested a bit more after the Kukushkin non-event to ginger him up again.

Incidentally, maybe some of you know this anyway, but Nishikori parted company with Brad Gilbert after Wimbledon, although they "still keep in touch".  The contract was supposed to be until the end of 2011.  Certainly Nishikori's results pre-Wimbledon were poor but improved greatly after the USO ... Think

That's interesting, just goes to show that a great coach can be for some but not others. As on court the match up is crucial. It's why Andy would have been wrong to go back to Gilbert, probably.
Andy is now close to the final stages of the tournament, he must raise his game again and make an example of Nishikori & send a message to the others. There's no reason to waste energy and extend this match beyond 3 quick sets. He doesn't need preparation for Novak other than that.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #39 on: January 24, 2012, 09:37 AM »

Urgh, guess I'll set the alarm for 3:30am for this one - it's going to be an almighty struggle not to just go straight back to sleep though!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #40 on: January 24, 2012, 10:05 AM »

Middle of the night start again!!!! Never mind hopefully it will be a three setter in Andy's favour.  Berdych has just taken the first set off Nadal, there is obviously no love lost between those two, mind you I would rather see Nadal in the Semi's than Berdych, can't stand him and his evil glare and fist pumps in the face of his opponent  and his refusal to shake hands at the end of his match with Almagro was petty.
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #41 on: January 24, 2012, 11:19 AM »

It is good Andy will be finished way earlier than Nole.  A quick match for him and then an epic for Nole would do fine.

Fed was very good against Del Potro, never expected it to be so clear cut.  Nadal is struggling against Berdy, but has at least taken the second set.  I don't mind who makes it to the final on this side, as I am confident Andy can beat them.  Fed looks like the strongest and most likely right now.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #42 on: January 24, 2012, 11:57 AM »

Maybe not everyone understands sayonara means goodbye?
Wasn't the clue in the 3rd option for those who didn't understand?
Said on radio that Andy is 2nd on tomorrow ie in heat of day and middle of night for us.  But I guess the heat will hurt Kei more than Andy given he will still be tired I imagine.  Also he may have a bit of a slump after beating JWT in same way Andy used to after beating a top player in a 5-setter when he was climbing the ranks.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #43 on: January 24, 2012, 03:10 PM »

Not sure if Nishikori won his mixed doubles match.  He's played a 5 set match against Tsonga. He played a doubles match (in the heat) the next day.  Now he's playing Andy.   I think this will be a quick 3 sets for Andy.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #44 on: January 24, 2012, 03:21 PM »

Not sure if Nishikori won his mixed doubles match.  He's played a 5 set match against Tsonga. He played a doubles match (in the heat) the next day.  Now he's playing Andy.   I think this will be a quick 3 sets for Andy.

He and Date-Krumm lost in 2 straight sets.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 32 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »