Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: A place in the semi-final awaits the winner.  Who will it be.
Sayounara Andy? - 4 (11.4%)
Sayounara Kei? - 31 (88.6%)
Doh! I voted for sayounara Andy instead of sayounara Kei! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori

(Read 5253 times)
MT
Futures Level

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #435 on: January 25, 2012, 06:47 AM »

Just caught the last set - well done Andy on reaching the semis again  clap clap clap
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #436 on: January 25, 2012, 06:50 AM »

Serve shocking
Movement- out of this world  udaman
Aggression- coming on nicely  thumb up
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #437 on: January 25, 2012, 06:53 AM »

Andy won and most of his game was great. Sure when he's in the semis his serve will be on song. bigbounce yahooo yahooo
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #438 on: January 25, 2012, 06:55 AM »

Andy is doing so much for Scotland  Bagpipes, I can't help but feel immensely proud   wub
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #439 on: January 25, 2012, 07:13 AM »

Serve shocking
Movement- out of this world  udaman
Aggression- coming on nicely  thumb up
Very well summed up as usual, BBH. Smile
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #440 on: January 25, 2012, 07:15 AM »

here is the last game of the match and the interview Smile uploaded by me Smile

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #441 on: January 25, 2012, 07:15 AM »

Andy is doing so much for Scotland  Bagpipes, I can't help but feel immensely proud   wub
Please god that Ferrer runs Djokovic really ragged - or even better that Ferrer beats him, although I doubt that.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #442 on: January 25, 2012, 07:17 AM »

here is the last game of the match and the interview Smile uploaded by me Smile

Brilliant John hug because I missed end of match and interview thanks to BT!

EDIT - Loved that last game.  Although I'm delighted Andy won, it was great to see Nishikori fighting to the bitter end.  That laddie is definitely a player to watch.
[ Last edit by Aileen January 25, 2012, 07:27 AM ] IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #443 on: January 25, 2012, 07:22 AM »

Please god that Ferrer runs Djokovic really ragged - or even better that Ferrer beats him, although I doubt that.

Well there's no doubt that Ferrer will do his best both to win and to run Djoko ragged.  Let's hope for at least a 4 setter.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #444 on: January 25, 2012, 07:27 AM »

Mats and Chris, the two stooges are saying lots of really goods things about  Andy.

Bradnam and Wilander drive me to distraction.  They are bad enough individually but as a pair they seem to egg one another on to ever greater inanities.  The prize today has to go to Wilander for his pronouncement that Rafa was responsible for Spain winning the football World Cup!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #445 on: January 25, 2012, 07:34 AM »

Bradnam and Wilander drive me to distraction.  They are bad enough individually but as a pair they seem to egg one another on to ever greater inanities.  The prize today has to go to Wilander for his pronouncement that Rafa was responsible for Spain winning the football World Cup!
Fortunately I don't often watch Eurosport as I don't have Sky, so have so far missed their commentaries - for which I am truly greatful because I frequently had to turn the commentary off.  What a pair of banana-heads!
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #446 on: January 25, 2012, 07:36 AM »

I  have great admiration for Ferrer.  Truly a gutsy and dogged player.

Me too Aileen, he's one of my favourite players. Hardly any media interest in him here - only Spanish journalists went to his last press conference. So it would be excellent if he caused an upset today!

Really pleased that Andy is in another SF! He's become so consistent in the slams now - no early losses for quite some time. The serve was a weakness today and he won't be able to get away with serving like that against great returners like Novak or Ferrer but hopefully it will improve again.
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #447 on: January 25, 2012, 07:40 AM »

Like Aileen surmised, the first two sets were more challenging for Andy than the third, my worry was that Andy's focus seemed to drift in and out too much, maybe he was a little mentally fatigued? However that said i thought physically he looked strong - he'll have to be if as expected The joker is his next opponent. Anyway what i am comforted by while watching Andy at this years Australian Open is that Andy seems to be playing his best tennis as he moves through the various rounds, started off adequately (dropped a set in round one) but now appears to be moving into top gear (just iron out your serve yips). whilst in previous years namely 2011 and 2010 he was on fire right from the start of those Australian Opens only for this fantastic level he set to drop away in the semis and more importantly the two finals he contested. On balance i think Andy is definately in a much better place with his game when compared to the same stages last year and the year before. Now the tests and questions will be asked of him. In order he become this years Australian open champion he'll need to beat two great players. I for one believe he can do it based on current form. The question i have to ask is does Andy? The next few days or so could turn out to be huge for Andy.....You go!  pray pray
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #448 on: January 25, 2012, 07:52 AM »

Obviously we want Ferrer and The Joker to play a 5 setter with Ferrer winning 50-48 in the fifth.

I doubt that will happen though and I expect Andy to be playing the Serbian boy in the semis. Andy now has to surprise everyone because The Joker will be a huge favourite.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2012 QF: Murray vs Nishikori « Reply #449 on: January 25, 2012, 07:57 AM »

Bloody technology.  Missed Andy's interivew as well. grr

lol  He's been saying for about two years now that he needs to work on his serve!

lol re the serve part, and hug re the internet.  

His 1st serve was about 48% overall I think, so something wasn't working right today but enough to get through.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »