Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will be packing their bags and flying home?
Andy - not a good day at the office for him. - 3 (8.3%)
Ryan - the American is quiet for once. - 33 (91.7%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison

(Read 5803 times)
bes03_philippines
Satellite Level

game, set, match!

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #390 on: January 17, 2012, 06:55 AM »

what did he say during the courtside interview? i missed it.

lots of improvement to do: serve, movement, and the ever famous forehand.

who's he playing next?

now rest Andy. you deserve it.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #391 on: January 17, 2012, 06:55 AM »

I predicted he'd lose a set, but win in the end. 
Would have been nice with 3 straigth. Its gonna get harder.

Maybe this Roger=Vasselin person will be easier for Andy to beat, otherwise ... Whistle
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #392 on: January 17, 2012, 06:56 AM »

what did he say during the courtside interview? i missed it.

lots of improvement to do: serve, movement, and the ever famous forehand.

who's he playing next?

now rest Andy. you deserve it.
I missed it too thanks to computer crashing!

He's playing Edouard Roger-Vasselin.  Malisse retired at end of 1st set.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #393 on: January 17, 2012, 06:57 AM »

Only saw last few games...thank goodness. Looks as if Andy had a typical nervy start.
Job done.  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #394 on: January 17, 2012, 06:59 AM »

Yes BBH you were spared a great deal of wear and tear to your nerves. Very Happy
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #395 on: January 17, 2012, 07:02 AM »

Aileen Whistle
From the bit I saw good: coming to the net a lot, saw v. nice drive volley Smile
bad: serve right off, Harrison getting loads of first serves back WTF? Did he take pace off in order to avoid the dreaded second serve? Anyone?
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #396 on: January 17, 2012, 07:05 AM »

All said and done, we expected a tough match, got it and so andy,s well broken in now and he looked quite fresh at the end.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #397 on: January 17, 2012, 07:19 AM »

Andy I think was suffering from nerves at the start, but he was able to turn it around. He will go into the next match with confidence. He hard the hardest opponent to face of the top 4, and both Nadal and Federer didn't find it easy at the start of their matches. Things will be get better for Andy, apart from his next opponent he will be facing players he knows well.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #398 on: January 17, 2012, 07:24 AM »

Good job, Andy!
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #399 on: January 17, 2012, 07:24 AM »

I agree, Michelle. And he did well to keep a lid on his frustrations - which is good to see.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #400 on: January 17, 2012, 07:36 AM »

I agree, Michelle. And he did well to keep a lid on his frustrations - which is good to see.
This worries me.  He must be conscious of having to do that now under Lendl and by continually trying to  suppress his feelings he could be distracting himself.  Nobody breaks a habit of years in a few weeks so I don't think Lendl should be too hard on him right now.  The occasional explosion might be necessary for a while yet.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #401 on: January 17, 2012, 07:41 AM »

Don't think this is all down to Ivan. We've all noticed wee changes in Andy's behaviour over the past few months since Cahill came on board.
This relationship is very new. Andy may well be trying too hard. But that'll even out into a happy compromise over the months. I'm sure of it Smile
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #402 on: January 17, 2012, 07:41 AM »

Great - computer crashed at start of final game!

I missed the whole of the last set.  I had series linked it on my Sky+ and was watching it about an hour behind real time.  Eurotoss has the schedule in many small sections.  One of the sections finished at the end of the third set so I went to play the next section only to find it wasn't there!  I have now manually set all future AO recordings so it doesn't happen again.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #403 on: January 17, 2012, 07:41 AM »

oh lots of moaning and negativity on this thread..  today  Rolling Eyes calm down folks!!... I did say earlier in this thread that Andy would get off to a slow start... at least he won... so be positive!!  yay  cmon yeah I didn't see most of the match.. but you have to realise the amount of pressure that Andy is under... RH played well.. so I have heard..  Andy easily got the toughest 1st round match out of the big 4 so be appreciative of his efforts and congratulate him with confidence  cmon yeah  yay
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #404 on: January 17, 2012, 07:56 AM »

oh lots of moaning and negativity on this thread..  today  Rolling Eyes calm down folks!!... I did say earlier in this thread that Andy would get off to a slow start... at least he won... so be positive!!  yay  cmon yeah I didn't see most of the match.. but you have to realise the amount of pressure that Andy is under... RH played well.. so I have heard..  Andy easily got the toughest 1st round match out of the big 4 so be appreciative of his efforts and congratulate him with confidence  cmon yeah  yay
just finished watching,  catch up ,well done Andy , he was bound to be nervous, as you say j35 the pressure is enormous for him as always, he was never going to play his best at the begining of a slam. Go Andy yay
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »