Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will be packing their bags and flying home?
Andy - not a good day at the office for him. - 3 (8.3%)
Ryan - the American is quiet for once. - 33 (91.7%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison

(Read 5994 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #405 on: January 17, 2012, 08:06 AM »

Maybe this Roger=Vasselin person will be easier for Andy to beat, otherwise ... Whistle

Well, looking at the atp website for my H2H details - there's nothing for him at all!  Not even a picture! search
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #406 on: January 17, 2012, 08:29 AM »

That was a rather unenjoyable grind.
Can't fault Andy entirely as the conditions were severe and it was a rusty first match. The forehand, movement, serve, & volleys were not as we would want. Impressed by Harrison however, he's clearly one to watch and although The score doesn't show it, was threatening throughout the whole match. He stood toe to toe with Andy in the rallies mixing it up & was patient too winning many of them in the first half of the match. He was also tactically very astute in point construction.
Not worried about Andy however as it was a tough one, the next shall be easier and he shall get better and better, he'll have to ofcourse but it's inevitable that he will.
One great positive was Andys composure, it must have been enormously frustrating in that cauldron but he really kept it together, I dont think it's fear of Ivan the terrible, he clearly understands that his oncourt demeanour needs to be improved and that's what he's doing, he also started to play better towards the end of the match, so I expect a straights sets win next time.
IP Logged
toady
Junior

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #407 on: January 17, 2012, 08:49 AM »

Harrison is a name to watch, methinks.

Here's hoping Andy gets an evening match next time, especially if that heat persists.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #408 on: January 17, 2012, 09:03 AM »

Andy himself said that  he was rather nervous at the beginning of the match but felt he improved towards the end.  He has been criticised in the past for coming out of the starting blocks too fast in Majors and running out of steam by the second week - let's hope this is a good omen that his momentum will gradually build and he will be at his best by a week on Sunday!
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #409 on: January 17, 2012, 09:03 AM »

Well done Andy, not nice but in the end a win is a win" nervous Andy was wary of Harrison, not playing him before and it being the first GS of the season I suppose it was only natural there would be nerves.  He will be glad this match is under his belt and from now onwards and upwards Andy. cmonandy
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #410 on: January 17, 2012, 09:03 AM »

That was a rather unenjoyable grind.
Can't fault Andy entirely as the conditions were severe and it was a rusty first match. The forehand, movement, serve, & volleys were not as we would want. Impressed by Harrison however, he's clearly one to watch and although The score doesn't show it, was threatening throughout the whole match. He stood toe to toe with Andy in the rallies mixing it up & was patient too winning many of them in the first half of the match. He was also tactically very astute in point construction.
Not worried about Andy however as it was a tough one, the next shall be easier and he shall get better and better, he'll have to ofcourse but it's inevitable that he will.
One great positive was Andys composure, it must have been enormously frustrating in that cauldron but he really kept it together, I dont think it's fear of Ivan the terrible, he clearly understands that his oncourt demeanour needs to be improved and that's what he's doing, he also started to play better towards the end of the match, so I expect a straights sets win next time.
yes agree not easy to watch 1st set ,but very pleased with Andy, much easier match next, fingers crossed. pray
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #411 on: January 17, 2012, 09:06 AM »

Tsonga not having it all his way at the mo!!!
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #412 on: January 17, 2012, 09:37 AM »

I enjoyed that match - Harrison played great tennis and so did Andy in the last three sets. It's understandable that he's not going to start the tournament playing lights-out tennis, he's got to build gradually to peak in the last few matches. But he did enough to win and I'm sure he can up the aggression when he needs to.

IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #413 on: January 17, 2012, 09:49 AM »

I too enjoyed the match, and never doubted the outcome. Well done Andy!!   cmon yeah  Great to see the Andy boys, and so many Andy supporters cheering for him.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #414 on: January 17, 2012, 10:06 AM »

I too enjoyed the match, and never doubted the outcome. Well done Andy!!   cmon yeah  Great to see the Andy boys, and so many Andy supporters cheering for him.
Yes they are so funny the Andy boys, saw them when I was lucky enough to be there two years ago, judy Murray gets them tickets they are at every match lucky things.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #415 on: January 17, 2012, 10:30 AM »

what did he say during the courtside interview? i missed it.

lots of improvement to do: serve, movement, and the ever famous forehand.

who's he playing next?

now rest Andy. you deserve it.
He gave a lot of praise to Harrison and said he is good now and will be even better in the future. He will only improve.
He admitted to his nerves playing a part at the start, and he had to settle down into the match.
Admitted he didnt play well in first set.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #416 on: January 17, 2012, 10:30 AM »

There is a lot of fuss being made about Djokovic beating the 30 year old Paolo Lorenzi who is ranked 109 and spent most of last year in the Chanllengers circut.
Andy had by far the most difficult first round match of the top four, as a lot of 'in the know' people will notice. Andy's next match should be in a simmilar vain to Djokovic's first round.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #417 on: January 17, 2012, 10:34 AM »

Yes, of top 4 Andy has played highest ranking and a kid on the way up with nothing to lose. Rafa's opponent was something like 240!
IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #418 on: January 17, 2012, 02:05 PM »

Yes, of top 4 Andy has played highest ranking and a kid on the way up with nothing to lose. Rafa's opponent was something like 240!

Yes it was never going to be an easy match,Harrison is young and on the up. Thought that the double faults in the first set caused Andy to lose momentum and further weakened his second serve, indeed his serve was a bit off form altogether.Andy did tough it out and all credit to him.Someone said on TV that he was the only one of the top four to lose a set  - that really ignored the calibre of the others opposition. Good steady start for our Andy.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: AO 2012 R1: Murray vs Harrison « Reply #419 on: January 17, 2012, 02:07 PM »

There is a lot of fuss being made about Djokovic beating the 30 year old Paolo Lorenzi who is ranked 109 and spent most of last year in the Chanllengers circut.
Andy had by far the most difficult first round match of the top four, as a lot of 'in the know' people will notice. Andy's next match should be in a simmilar vain to Djokovic's first round.
Yes, because Djoko dropped just 2 games in 3 sets. So, judging on paper alone the other three seem to have had a more solid start than Andy.

As you say Lorenzi is 30 and can in no way be compared to Harrisons ability at this stage in his career.
Both players (Djoko and Andy) had the same hot match conditions though, so I dont think Andy ought to make this as one of reasons for his wobbly start.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »