Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will make it to round 3?
Andy - nerves settle down and takes it in 3 sets. - 37 (92.5%)
Andy - he serves up a couple of French sticks but loses concentration to take it in 4 sets, again! - 2 (5%)
Édouard - fresh and the Frenchman takes it in 3 sets. - 0 (0%)
Édouard - he takes advantage of an exhausted Andy in 4 sets. - 0 (0%)
Play is stopped as the court begins to melt in the Aussie heat. - 1 (2.5%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 24 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin

(Read 6229 times)
Philip
Seed

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #60 on: January 18, 2012, 10:56 PM »

This Vasselin should be smooth sailing for Andy. 

He has not a very fast top spin forehand, doesn't want to run too much, Ok serve and no major weapon to hurt Andy.  Should win this in straight sets Smile

IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #61 on: January 18, 2012, 11:06 PM »

Okay folks, I'm off to bed, just hope I can sleep before its time for the match.

Good night all of you in the southern hemisphere and across the pond. zz
IP Logged
toady
Junior

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #62 on: January 18, 2012, 11:37 PM »

I'm hoping  for an easier ride this time round, a win in 3. I've got to have a root canal done first thing tomorrow morning- which is less excruciating, root canal or Andy match? H'mmmmm..... :-)
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #63 on: January 18, 2012, 11:41 PM »

I think we're OK. Andy loves thrashing Frenchmen and he could play them all the way up to the semis.

Andy does have an excellent record against French opponents yes
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #64 on: January 18, 2012, 11:46 PM »

offtopic
I hope the Mods take note of AK400's latest irrelevant FEDERER posting, 12.22 today.
Responding quickly to Grabcopy post, 12.20 here is yet another example of completely off topic pro-Federer and anti-Murray bile. , which is not related whatsover to Grabcopys posting.

"Roger loves thrashing Andy's in majors but you are only as good as your last match"

then this:
"But this is Murray;s match thread so you need to say on topic Grabcopy" ;-)

and again:
"That is Rafa's opinion so that's up to him as Roger said the other day "when Rafa first came on tour he just said I agree with Roger to everything, now he seems to have grown up and is starting to form his own opinions which is great".

Getting back on topic, Murray volleyed well in his first match that would be a very good play for him here just to help him get through the match in a clinical fashion!"

thread hijacked This guy has to bring FEDERER into every conceivable discussion.

He was away for a day, and I started to enjoy the discussions once again.... but my heart sank just now, he's back to the same old FEDERER this and ROGER that.

He's continually taking the p*ss out of the Mods and being patronising to other members.

He's a T W A T of the highest order yes
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #65 on: January 19, 2012, 12:50 AM »

This Vasselin should be smooth sailing for Andy. 

He has not a very fast top spin forehand, doesn't want to run too much, Ok serve and no major weapon to hurt Andy.  Should win this in straight sets Smile
I to your judgement, Philip.  Andy will have his tactics worked out but he might just find the 1st set a little tricky until he gets used to the Vaseline Man's game.  It's one thing watching someone play, quite another actually playing them.  I may have said this already, but Andy will not be wanting to waste too much energy here.  He's going to need all his reserves for bigger tasks ahead.  Luckily the weather is going to be a lot cooler than it was on Tuesday.  According to the AO website it's a mere 21C (70F) at the moment.

I'm also looking forward to hearing the Andy Boys again.  They're brilliant, and I was very pleased that Eurosport had a camera focussed on them for several seconds during the Harrison match.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #66 on: January 19, 2012, 02:18 AM »

Hi to my fellow Andy supporters and purveyors of this fine, funny, friendly and factual forum.. wave
Just caught up on this thread and see that akwhatsit has been dipping their toe into our Murray bath to test the temperature.. and I'm proud of you all for keeping the water relatively Baltic.
If I could just make a wee suggestion.. when I see ak's posts have been re-quoted, it means this person's comments fill the thread yet again.
I'm onto this poster's game.
Now.. about Andy... I am scared, excited and just darned exhausted with this time-difference..! zz But I'll try my very best to stay awake.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #67 on: January 19, 2012, 03:00 AM »

Tsonga just took second set 6-4 to go 2-0 up.  The way things are going - and I can't see the women's match which follows taking very long - Andy could be on court by 5.30 am.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #68 on: January 19, 2012, 03:01 AM »

Tsonga just took second set 6-4 to go 2-0 up.  The way things are going - and I can't see the women's match which follows taking very long - Andy could be on court by 5.30 am.

Aileen you're a trooper for staying up . I hope he puts on a performance for you.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #69 on: January 19, 2012, 03:04 AM »

Thankfully I'm a bit of a night bird by nature - but even so I'm off to bed for a couple of hours!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #70 on: January 19, 2012, 04:08 AM »

The Navarro vs Kvitova match  is now underway on Hisense, so another 1 and half hrs at least before the big one, I should guess.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #71 on: January 19, 2012, 04:18 AM »

I'm so tired.
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #72 on: January 19, 2012, 05:00 AM »

Navarro/Kvitova into a 3rd set.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #73 on: January 19, 2012, 05:06 AM »

Greetings one and all wave

Tea cooking and I have a bottle of rosé chilling in the fridge Little tongue man

Everyone's been forewarned that I'll be watching tennis and just need the ladies on Hisense to get their fingers out!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #74 on: January 19, 2012, 05:25 AM »

Drat - hoped women's match would be over by now!  

wave Bev
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 24 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »