Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will make it to round 3?
Andy - nerves settle down and takes it in 3 sets. - 37 (92.5%)
Andy - he serves up a couple of French sticks but loses concentration to take it in 4 sets, again! - 2 (5%)
Édouard - fresh and the Frenchman takes it in 3 sets. - 0 (0%)
Édouard - he takes advantage of an exhausted Andy in 4 sets. - 0 (0%)
Play is stopped as the court begins to melt in the Aussie heat. - 1 (2.5%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 24 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin

(Read 5772 times)
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 06:08 AM »

I am going to the Australian open on Saturday and Sunday which Andy i hope will be here in round 3 and i hope he will be on Rod Laver Arena
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 06:17 AM »

Enjoy.  My friends travelling over tomorrow for 4 days of solid tennis - would have been there too if parents hadn't been over visiting. Frown
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 07:33 AM »

OOP out - Andy is last match of the day on Hisense - early evening match hopefully as there's a men's match and 2 women's matches on before him - with play commencing 11 am local time, that's midnight UK time.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/schedule/schedule9.html

I will no doubt get Lleyton's match if they are on at the same time Rolling Eyes  I should have a laptop to use though Very Happy

5 am UK start? Think
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 08:05 AM »

See the jammy dodger has a walk over and misses playing in the heat and on Hisense! confused Whistle
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 08:41 AM »

5 am UK start? Think

i reckon 6 maybe 6 1/2 hrs for the 2 womens and 1 mens match so should be about 6.30 UK time
am setting my alarm for 5.45 just in case Think
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 09:44 AM »

5 am UK start? Think

Not sure, all I know is that I should be home from work yay and that it's not my turn to cook cmon yeah Very Happy

Beeb saying approx 5.30 am in the article below btw.

Andy Murray hopes to be in "perfect condition" for his second-round meeting with Frenchman Edouard Roger-Vasselin at the Australian Open on Thursday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/16606071.stm
[ Last edit by Bevc January 18, 2012, 09:48 AM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 10:25 AM »

Just as well Bev, 'coz Vasselin could be a slippery customer! Whistle
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 10:28 AM »

Oh.....and thanks for doing the H to H ect. again Bev...We'd be lost without you!  hug
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 10:33 AM »

Just a quick dip into MW.  Hope to catch highlights of yesterday's match when I get home.  Sounds like Andy did really well in the end against a tricky opponent,  Why do they keep putting Andy on the boiling cauldron of Hisense?  About time he was on RLA as 4th seed surely?  At least shouldn't be quite so hot if it's early evening. And yes how typical that smugfed avoids the cauldron with a w/o.
Hope to catch the match after all as back home tonight now.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 10:50 AM »

Murray should win this one comfortably, but that brings with it pressure of its own, against Harrison Murray was playing a future top player, there was always the chance the match could go more than 3 sets. However after seeing the ease with which the top 3 have eased through, the pressure is on Murray to put in a similar perfomance against Vasselin.

Vaseelin has shown he doesnt mind pressure he took out Juan Martin Del Potro just after he won the Open in 2009. I expect Murray to come through but keeping energy in reserve will be huge for him if he gets extended here then its going to get harder and harder to repeat the last two years, the pressure is on him big time, how he responds we are going to see very soon.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #25 on: January 18, 2012, 10:51 AM »

That should certainly help make Andy's task smoother. Very Happy

Yes Indeed Aileen, I expect Roger to be well and truly 'rogered' in no time  Whistle
IP Logged
frewbuddie

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #26 on: January 18, 2012, 11:02 AM »

Thanks for the H2H Bev dont see Andy losing this.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #27 on: January 18, 2012, 11:20 AM »

I think we're OK. Andy loves thrashing Frenchmen and he could play them all the way up to the semis.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #28 on: January 18, 2012, 11:22 AM »

I think we're OK. Andy loves thrashing Frenchmen and he could play them all the way up to the semis.

Roger loves thrashing Andy's in majors but you are only as good as your last match Wink

That being said Murray should be fine here only see one result really key is saving energy for later rounds his first match was quite a physical encounter
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #29 on: January 18, 2012, 11:33 AM »

Yep, ak400, I'm reading Rafa's book at the mo. There's an amazing account of when he won the AO in 09 and he was almost dead after beating Verdasco in the semis in five hours. Couldn't get out of bed the next day, legs like lead. He had a day off, tried to hit and after 20 mins had to be helped off court. The heat's a huge factor. Only adrenaline and a rousing speech from Toni got him onto the court against your mate.

Who he beat in five sets. In case you've forgotten.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 24 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »