Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will make it to round 3?
Andy - nerves settle down and takes it in 3 sets. - 37 (92.5%)
Andy - he serves up a couple of French sticks but loses concentration to take it in 4 sets, again! - 2 (5%)
Édouard - fresh and the Frenchman takes it in 3 sets. - 0 (0%)
Édouard - he takes advantage of an exhausted Andy in 4 sets. - 0 (0%)
Play is stopped as the court begins to melt in the Aussie heat. - 1 (2.5%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin

(Read 6047 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #315 on: January 19, 2012, 08:13 AM »

He's not played Llodra since 2008 and before that 2007, but Andy has a up 2 -0 on the Frenchman.

Met twice before.
Thanks for the correction. Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #316 on: January 19, 2012, 08:15 AM »

Andy has a nice volley himself. should use it more often too.
Absolutely agree - and it was good to see him coming forward more in this match.  Andy deserved a nice easy - but not too easy - match in cooler conditions [Mr L was wrapped in towel as so cold - I know Melbourne weather can change v quickly] today after what sounded like a gruelling 1st round encounter.  Hope he gets a night match next on RLA .
Liked his post-match interview - really relaxed.  And liked the way he stopped the interview starting so audience could applaud Vas on his way out - nice touch that,.  yay
So what has boogers been up to then? Not trying to rain on the parade again is he?  w00t
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #317 on: January 19, 2012, 08:21 AM »

Absolutely agree - and it was good to see him coming forward more in this match.  Andy deserved a nice easy - but not too easy - match in cooler conditions [Mr L was wrapped in towel as so cold - I know Melbourne weather can change v quickly] today after what sounded like a gruelling 1st round encounter.  Hope he gets a night match next on RLA .
Liked his post-match interview - really relaxed.  And liked the way he stopped the interview starting so audience could applaud Vas on his way out - nice touch that,.
So what has boogers been up to then? Not trying to rain on the parade is he?
Not really - just one heavy shower. Very Happy

Andy very curteous towards his opponent as usual, which is lovely to see.  And he acknowledged Vasselin's much improved play in the last two sets.  What a sportsman. wub
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #318 on: January 19, 2012, 08:21 AM »

I think they've only met once before - at the 2008 USO when Andy won in four, but it was a close match.  

no twice Whistle  

I see someone beat me to it but I was starting a whole new thread (the only reason I knew it was twice Aileen Very Happy)
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #319 on: January 19, 2012, 08:22 AM »

Absolutely agree - and it was good to see him coming forward more in this match.  Andy deserved a nice easy - but not too easy - match in cooler conditions [Mr L was wrapped in towel as so cold - I know Melbourne weather can change v quickly] today after what sounded like a gruelling 1st round encounter.  Hope he gets a night match next on RLA .
Liked his post-match interview - really relaxed.  And liked the way he stopped the interview starting so audience could applaud Vas on his way out - nice touch that,.
So what has boogers been up to then? Not trying to rain on the parade is he?
I was just about to say that Ruthie, Andy is SO RESPECTFUL of his opponents. The commentator forgot court etiquette, but Andy was there to help ut. Smile

Only other player that would have done the same would be Rafa.

Boogers? I dont know, whats happened to him? There's so many of the regulars missing at present.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #320 on: January 19, 2012, 08:24 AM »

Who's up for the report?  I'm expecting some kind of Sun headline - Andy manages to slip past Vasselin Whistle
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #321 on: January 19, 2012, 08:28 AM »

due to the amount of errors from vasselin i would expect a headline

MURRAY GLIDES THROUGH TO R3 WITH HELP OF VASSELIN
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #322 on: January 19, 2012, 08:38 AM »

Who's up for the report?  I'm expecting some kind of Sun headline - Andy manages to slip past Vasselin Whistle
I dont know, I think the News Team need some serious lubrication...   Very Happy and I dont mean a beer down their throats lmao

The headline will be tabloid style!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #323 on: January 19, 2012, 08:39 AM »

Thanks for the good company this morning one and all. I'm off to start my day...in a very good mood Smile

Catch you all later.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #324 on: January 19, 2012, 08:40 AM »

I dont know, I think the News Team need some serious lubrication...   Very Happy and I dont mean a beer down their throats lmao

The headline will be tabloid style!

It's up there now - fingers on the button today!

wave Bye, have fun!  I'm on my third glass of wine partyman
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #325 on: January 19, 2012, 08:54 AM »

Good to see Andy  playing well wihin himself.He will enjoy playing againsy Michael L. Interesting to hear very, very positive comments from Greg.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #326 on: January 19, 2012, 09:12 AM »

Well played, Andy, smooth sailing!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #327 on: January 19, 2012, 09:24 AM »

Well, that's another one in the bag without expending too much unnecessary energy! Well done Andy!  hug
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #328 on: January 19, 2012, 09:27 AM »

toot toot  Good match from Andy, glad he had a nice easy stroll through this, and did not spend any energy. Some great shots today also. Bring on the next!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #329 on: January 19, 2012, 10:16 AM »

Great match from Andy never had to leave 2nd gear.  Good on Vasselin for giving his all and well done to Andy for not doing his interview until his opponent had left the court and received the applause he deserved lovely sporting touch.  Now my rant - the Eurosport Comms are awful I think it was Jo Durie, Andy raised his racket to intimate he wanted to challenge, he then raised his other hand as the Umpire had not seen him, he then shouted challenge as obviously he was running out of time to make the challenge, Jo Durie then said "he really needs to learn to ask a bit more nicely"!!!! So obviously Andy was very composed today and they did not have to apologise for his language or behaviour , which they usually relish doing do were scraping the bottom of the barrel for something to chastise him for!!!  What is it with them and their continual need to slate him? Get on Andy's side and support him instead of being so negative towards him.  I wish we could get a red button and choose a comm foe each match, mind you there's really nae that much choice!!!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »