Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will make it to round 3?
Andy - nerves settle down and takes it in 3 sets. - 37 (92.5%)
Andy - he serves up a couple of French sticks but loses concentration to take it in 4 sets, again! - 2 (5%)
Édouard - fresh and the Frenchman takes it in 3 sets. - 0 (0%)
Édouard - he takes advantage of an exhausted Andy in 4 sets. - 0 (0%)
Play is stopped as the court begins to melt in the Aussie heat. - 1 (2.5%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin

(Read 6290 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #330 on: January 19, 2012, 10:18 AM »

Vasseline comes unstuck? Vasseline not so Viciuos? Awesome Andy Powers past Roger V?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #331 on: January 19, 2012, 11:35 AM »

Great match from Andy never had to leave 2nd gear.  Good on Vasselin for giving his all and well done to Andy for not doing his interview until his opponent had left the court and received the applause he deserved lovely sporting touch.  Now my rant - the Eurosport Comms are awful I think it was Jo Durie, Andy raised his racket to intimate he wanted to challenge, he then raised his other hand as the Umpire had not seen him, he then shouted challenge as obviously he was running out of time to make the challenge, Jo Durie then said "he really needs to learn to ask a bit more nicely"!!!! So obviously Andy was very composed today and they did not have to apologise for his language or behaviour , which they usually relish doing do were scraping the bottom of the barrel for something to chastise him for!!!  What is it with them and their continual need to slate him? Get on Andy's side and support him instead of being so negative towards him.  I wish we could get a red button and choose a comm foe each match, mind you there's really nae that much choice!!!!
So agree re eurosport comms MM.  On the tv, David Mercer is the worst.  As I put on another thread, he's like the head prefect on the constant lookout for the slightest bad behaviour from young Murray so that if he behaves well they comment on his behaviour just as much as when he doesn't behave well.  And all with a kind of patronising tone, which drives me wild.  ranting
IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #332 on: January 19, 2012, 11:39 AM »

And so another cross channel excursion for Andy. Here's hoping he continues to have scant regard for the Auld Alliance (or if you prefer l'Entente Cordiale).He is certainly showing more maturity in his spectator relations and his interviews, letting his true personality shine through.He really has  become so much more impressive both on the court and as a person, more power to your elbow, stick with it Andy all is shaping up nicely.  cmon yeah cmon yeah
IP Logged
araminta
Futures Level

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #333 on: January 19, 2012, 11:39 AM »

Andy "rubs it in"
IP Logged
frewbuddie

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #334 on: January 19, 2012, 11:45 AM »

It does seem to be the British comms that criticise him the most I always think constructive criticism is acceptable but this petty stuff is not.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #335 on: January 19, 2012, 11:52 AM »

Nice picture of Andy's boys (+ a girl?) on BBC website - wasn't one of you (at least) blonde last year?  All seem to be dark haired now.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #336 on: January 19, 2012, 11:53 AM »

The American's seem to like Andy when commenting.

Brad Gilbert commentary is always supportive of our boy but completely bonkers(the guy needs to lay of the caffeine) and Mary Joe Fernandez is always very complementary.

I get a sense these former British players are very jealous of Andy which is kind of sad.

IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #337 on: January 19, 2012, 11:55 AM »

Murray played a solid match that was the kind of performance I felt like he needed after a tough match with Harrison and he did it so he is in deccent shape for now.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #338 on: January 19, 2012, 12:19 PM »

Listening to Rusedski this morning it seems amazing that Andy ever managed to win a match before he teamed up with Lendl.  Lendl tells him to improve his forehand, Andy respects him, so he does it. Ridiculous.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #339 on: January 19, 2012, 12:28 PM »

I liked what Andy said in his Sky interview about working on coming to the net more during the off season - I think that is another of the missing pieces in his game because he's so good at the net and could be even better if he integrated it more into his game.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #340 on: January 19, 2012, 12:49 PM »

Good afternoon all. Missed the first set but saw the rest. I think Andy played well within himself. Great to see how good his serve was today think the first serve was at 68% did not catch the second serve stats. His forehand too was very good. My husband woke me up to watch the match, I thought it would be on earlier. Just glad to see Andy playing and playing within himself. Through to the next round an Llodra should be a good game. yay yay yay
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #341 on: January 19, 2012, 12:58 PM »

It does seem to be the British comms that criticise him the most I always think constructive criticism is acceptable but this petty stuff is not.

Listened to two Aussies on Bet 365. They were fine and quite interesting with the technical stuff.l
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #342 on: January 19, 2012, 02:56 PM »

"Murray deals a masterclass". Good article on the AO website

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/articles/2012-01-19/201201191326974828531.html
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #343 on: January 19, 2012, 03:13 PM »

Great match from Andy never had to leave 2nd gear.  Good on Vasselin for giving his all and well done to Andy for not doing his interview until his opponent had left the court and received the applause he deserved lovely sporting touch.  Now my rant - the Eurosport Comms are awful I think it was Jo Durie, Andy raised his racket to intimate he wanted to challenge, he then raised his other hand as the Umpire had not seen him, he then shouted challenge as obviously he was running out of time to make the challenge, Jo Durie then said "he really needs to learn to ask a bit more nicely"!!!! So obviously Andy was very composed today and they did not have to apologise for his language or behaviour , which they usually relish doing do were scraping the bottom of the barrel for something to chastise him for!!!  What is it with them and their continual need to slate him? Get on Andy's side and support him instead of being so negative towards him.  I wish we could get a red button and choose a comm foe each match, mind you there's really nae that much choice!!!!
It was Durie. She's a right wally, as they say in Australia.
But I can understand why, she lacks ability and had little intelligent commentary about the game.  
Of course he had to be clear about the challenge. Maybe she'd prefer him to whisper or send a e-mail next time? Whistle

Bradman said he's waiting for Andy to have an outburst, in front of Lendl.  He's a wally too!
Scraping the barrel with those two definately!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #344 on: January 19, 2012, 03:26 PM »

I keep saying this, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Best ignored.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »