Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will make it to round 3?
Andy - nerves settle down and takes it in 3 sets. - 37 (92.5%)
Andy - he serves up a couple of French sticks but loses concentration to take it in 4 sets, again! - 2 (5%)
Édouard - fresh and the Frenchman takes it in 3 sets. - 0 (0%)
Édouard - he takes advantage of an exhausted Andy in 4 sets. - 0 (0%)
Play is stopped as the court begins to melt in the Aussie heat. - 1 (2.5%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin

(Read 5621 times)
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #345 on: January 19, 2012, 03:26 PM »

"Murray deals a masterclass". Good article on the AO website

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/articles/2012-01-19/201201191326974828531.html
A lovely piece of reporting. clap Good to hear Andy's own thoughts on his game too!
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #346 on: January 19, 2012, 04:28 PM »

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/articles/2012-01-19/201201191326974828531.html
Really nice article by Matt Cronin thank you for posting.

I'm looking forward to watching the match.  I DVR'd it I hope when I looked this morning I saw I had the Roddick match and more.  I woke up at 2:30 and looked at my phone to see if I could see the scores, all I could see was that Murray was up 5-1 in the first, but the phone seemed to be stuck on that and the score was not moving, so I turned on the TV and saw that Murray's next match was Lodra so then I could go back to sleep relaxed.  So I'm hoping to see it when I get home from work.

I love listening and reading Andy's interviews and articles, he is very honest and forthright about his play and what he needs to do to do better.

Congratulations Andy on a job well done!!!
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #347 on: January 19, 2012, 04:39 PM »

good article !!!!
I too see a difference in Andy , both on & off court . Maturity has arrived I think.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #348 on: January 19, 2012, 04:46 PM »

Also found the transcribed interview in the News & Photos section of the AO website (Interviews Day 4). There's a lovely bit at the end about which other players he likes to watch!
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2012-01-19/201201191326966981320.html
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #349 on: January 19, 2012, 07:21 PM »

Nice article, which recognises what a unique talent Andy is.  And good to see Judy being given credit for what she taught Andy.  All that stuff about reading the patterns very interesting.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #350 on: January 20, 2012, 02:13 AM »

I love Matt Cronin!  The British media could learn something from him.

Talking of commentators - I usually watch live-streaming from ESPN on the ATP website (can't afford Sky) and their comms are excellent.  Very knowledgeable about the sport and good at explaining things, and also they are completely unbiased.  The two main ones are South Africa's Robbie Koenig and Britain's Jason Goodall, but I've also heard Brad Gilbert occasionally.

Having to turn to Eurosport Player  for this tournament because the ATP don't live-stream Slams was a big comedown.  I kept getting Frew McMillan and his side-kick David Mercer, both of whom I felt like strangling - and McMillan's constant snide comments about Andy were disgraceful.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #351 on: January 20, 2012, 02:42 AM »

Loved reading all your comments (Coronation Street competing with Andy's match.. roflmao.. although I have to say, I wouldn't have moved to Canada if there was no Corrie on the telly  Wink... although we are several months behind...and don't tell me what's going to happen because my sisters/friends are sworn to secrecy, and I don't check on the internet!)
I watched it this morning (taped) and, due to the lack of stress during this match-up, absolutely loved being able to watch Andy from a purely observant point of view..
It was great to really watch his technique.. and I did notice a few changes (Lendlisms maybe... Whistle)
Love it..love it..love it..
Methinks our boy has come of age.
Onwards and upwards.... Boxing
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #352 on: January 20, 2012, 10:00 AM »

I love Matt Cronin!  The British media could learn something from him.

Talking of commentators - I usually watch live-streaming from ESPN on the ATP website (can't afford Sky) and their comms are excellent.  Very knowledgeable about the sport and good at explaining things, and also they are completely unbiased.  The two main ones are South Africa's Robbie Koenig and Britain's Jason Goodall, but I've also heard Brad Gilbert occasionally.

Having to turn to Eurosport Player  for this tournament because the ATP don't live-stream Slams was a big comedown.  I kept getting Frew McMillan and his side-kick David Mercer, both of whom I felt like strangling - and McMillan's constant snide comments about Andy were disgraceful.
Was McMillan snidey? Strange he was really fair to Andy the other day against Harrison. Now I'm disappointed in him.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #353 on: January 20, 2012, 10:31 AM »

i thought McMillan was OK too - I like the way he goes completely silent when his colleague starts wittering on about things. I got David Mercer and another guy yesterday on Eurosport Player, who were quite patronising about Andy's good behaviour.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #354 on: January 20, 2012, 12:47 PM »

Yes the poor guy cannot win. Maybe better with the sound turned down we won't need to listen to them wittering on.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #355 on: January 20, 2012, 03:32 PM »

i thought McMillan was OK too - I like the way he goes completely silent when his colleague starts wittering on about things. I got David Mercer and another guy yesterday on Eurosport Player, who were quite patronising about Andy's good behaviour.
oh that's who I heard on eurosport tv too - mercer is just vile.  And you feel like they're almost disappointed that Andy didn't misbehave so they have to go on about it anyway to make up for it.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #356 on: January 21, 2012, 12:24 AM »

Was McMillan snidey? Strange he was really fair to Andy the other day against Harrison. Now I'm disappointed in him.
I was watching on EP too.  Maybe I just got my commentators mixed up, in which case I apologise to Frew.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #357 on: January 21, 2012, 02:01 AM »

I agree that Bradnam like Cowan on Sky are t**ts.
But Frew Macmillan?
No he's never anything more than respectful of Andy's talents.
Sometimes the comms are not overly positive on Andy because they understand that some of his antics are detrimental to his performance.
Also hyping him up on TV can be problematic as it increases pressure on him.
I'd rather they were objective personally which means being both positive and negative sometimes.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 R2: Murray vs Roger-Vasselin « Reply #358 on: January 21, 2012, 02:02 AM »

I meant 'never anything less'  Whistle
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »