Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Round 4 anyone?  We'll be there but who will join us?
Andy continues to swipe the French aside and does it in 3. - 23 (69.7%)
A bit of resistance from the Frenchman but no match for Andy, he does it in 4. - 8 (24.2%)
Andy's been snacking on the French pastries a tad but takes it through in 5. - 0 (0%)
Je ne sais pas and neither does Andy, Michael takes it in 3. - 0 (0%)
Quelle horreur!  A resurgent Michael takes it in 4. - 2 (6.1%)
It's a bit like déjà vu for Michael, who goes through after a 5-setter. - 0 (0%)
Quelle surprise - Andy finally gets a break and a walkover into round 4! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 29 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra

(Read 7202 times)
mumbler

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #330 on: January 21, 2012, 10:43 AM »

What a great match to watch. Played with great spirit and stunning feel shown from Andy getting some unbelieavable returns in.  clap

Loved the interview at the end too, though just waiting for some UK media biff to take the Braveheart and the tee total Murray getting 'hammered' quotes seriously!  doh
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #331 on: January 21, 2012, 10:51 AM »

Loved the match and the interview after just topped the whole thing off.  Thanks to Andy and Llodra (next time please use a tissue and not blow your nose onto the court!) for starting Saturday off so well.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #332 on: January 21, 2012, 11:02 AM »

Loved the interview at the end too, though just waiting for some UK media biff to take the Braveheart and the tee total Murray getting 'hammered' quotes seriously!  doh
Oh I'm sure they'll be pounced on - surely you can't expect the "Murray's a dour Scot" brigade to appreciate Andy's sense of humour! wink  Very Happy
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #333 on: January 21, 2012, 11:18 AM »

Congrats to Andy on a scintillating performance, pure joy to watch, did not want the match to end, fantastic! Absolutley loved the interview, replayed it a couple of times, just great.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #334 on: January 21, 2012, 11:20 AM »

Anybody got a link to the interview yet?
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #335 on: January 21, 2012, 11:52 AM »

I really think Andy has much more confidence since the advent of Mr Lendl.

He has longed for someone behind him that understands the slams, the losses and pressure. Now he has that and it shows.

Andy said Lendl is spending a lot of time golfing and should be more on court can only be taken as a sign of conficence.
At least at this stage.

IP Logged
mcenroeforever
Satellite Level

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #336 on: January 21, 2012, 12:02 PM »

What a match, outstanding performance Andy!! The interview was brilliant too, nice to see Andy so relaxed and confident, i loved the 'going out to get hammered' comment, great stuff. Brilliant news too that for the second match in a row Andy will face a player who has just endured a tough 5 setter, maybe the stars are aligning nicely!

His attitude and performances in recent tournaments have been so impressive, Andy has hardly put a foot wrong since the US Open and looks to be on course for the big prizes at last. It makes me chuckle though to hear the comms credit Lendl for nearly every great shot that Andy plays at the moment, did they not watch in Cinci, Shanghai, Tokyo etc?..

Don't get me wrong, Lendl is an outstanding appointment and will prove to be invaluable in the coming months but it would be a shame if he receives more credit than is due at this stage. Small price to pay i suppose if Andy wins his first slam next weekend!

Still buzzing after that match, Andy showed some real touches of genius out there today, the shot in the first set when he chased down Llodra's brilliant lob and turned and hit in one movement was probably my favourite Murray moment of the tournament so far. yay 
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #337 on: January 21, 2012, 12:03 PM »

Andy said Lendl is spending a lot of time golfing and should be more on court

Think that was said and sounded in jest.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #338 on: January 21, 2012, 01:09 PM »

I recorded this by myself Smile its the brilliant interview  yay  sorry if its a bit bad.. my camera skills aren't the best also  sorry about.. some noises in the background

IP Logged
bes03_philippines
Satellite Level

game, set, match!

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #339 on: January 21, 2012, 01:11 PM »

I recorded this by myself Smile its the brilliant interview  yay  sorry if its a bit bad.. my camera skills aren't the best also  sorry about.. some noises in the background

highlights of the match from AO offish website.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/video/index.html#ooid=cybTdjMzqYwCuU0K__wwAbDqpMBdoz8g
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #340 on: January 21, 2012, 01:15 PM »

..Lendl is an outstanding appointment and will prove to be invaluable in the coming months but it would be a shame if he receives more credit than is due at this stage. Small price to pay i suppose if Andy wins his first slam next weekend!

... the shot in the first set when he chased down Llodra's brilliant lob and turned and hit in one movement was probably my favourite Murray moment of the tournament so far. yay 

So far it seems that Lendl has set some boundaries. Not much moaning at himself now and certainly not the team. As you say, he was already much improved in the autumn.
This it truly beneficial and it could be this that makes the difference against a Djokovic match, final or before.

I missed most of 1st set, so hope to see that great shot you describe.

IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #341 on: January 21, 2012, 01:23 PM »

Makes me all emotional when Andy turns on the magic.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #342 on: January 21, 2012, 01:31 PM »

Noooooo......!!! Major panic attack for me this morning when I discovered my DVR taped the wrong bloody channel and NO ANDY MATCH.. and NO MILOS MATCH!!!!!

Thanks so much everyone for all the commentary, interview and link for match highlights. If I hadn't seen those I would have just gone back to bed, pulled the cover over my head and cried like a baby...
What a match to miss.. glad you all had fun.
Thanks again.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #343 on: January 21, 2012, 01:38 PM »

Andy was brilliant and had a great match with Llodra. This match was played with a great spirit and brought out the best in both players. Andy was so relaxed and full of smiles at his after match interview. Even the Eurosport commentators were full of praise. I felt full of pride and only wish him the best for his next match.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #344 on: January 21, 2012, 02:01 PM »

Noooooo......!!! Major panic attack for me this morning when I discovered my DVR taped the wrong bloody channel and NO ANDY MATCH.. and NO MILOS MATCH!!!!!

Thanks so much everyone for all the commentary, interview and link for match highlights. If I hadn't seen those I would have just gone back to bed, pulled the cover over my head and cried like a baby...
What a match to miss.. glad you all had fun.
Thanks again.

I had almost as much bad luck as you Scotnadian - our power went off midway through the second set and didn't come back on until the end of the Hewitt match and that was after I had sat up all night watching one-sided contests - I wasn't a happy bunny!!      So sorry to have missed the best bits but thanks to one and all for your comments - glad everyone had fun - including Andy!!!!!   yay yay yay
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 29 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »