Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Round 4 anyone?  We'll be there but who will join us?
Andy continues to swipe the French aside and does it in 3. - 23 (69.7%)
A bit of resistance from the Frenchman but no match for Andy, he does it in 4. - 8 (24.2%)
Andy's been snacking on the French pastries a tad but takes it through in 5. - 0 (0%)
Je ne sais pas and neither does Andy, Michael takes it in 3. - 0 (0%)
Quelle horreur!  A resurgent Michael takes it in 4. - 2 (6.1%)
It's a bit like déjà vu for Michael, who goes through after a 5-setter. - 0 (0%)
Quelle surprise - Andy finally gets a break and a walkover into round 4! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 29 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra

(Read 7094 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « on: January 19, 2012, 08:20 AM »

So, these 2 have not met since 2008, so about 3 1/2 years ago and Andy has the upper hand but as we all know, stats mean nothing but of course here's the H2H Very Happy

No Saturday schedule out yet but wonder if Andy will ever get on RLA?????

* Murray vs Llodra.png (256.69 KB, 754x762 - viewed 635 times.)
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 08:32 AM »

Lets hope Murray improves slightly again, should set him in good stead for the tournament

Wacthed match report from Rusedski on eurosport...for once he actually had nice things to say about murray vs vasselin
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 08:37 AM »

As Nigel said in the previous thread, Andy has a great track record against French opponents, and I don't want that to change now.

cmonandy
IP Logged
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 08:59 AM »

I know that Andy will get on Rod laver arena if Hewitt isnt in the tournament so as much that i am an aussie i would like Roddick to win tonight.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 10:45 AM »

Strange that the top four are all playing unseeded players in the next round. Andy has the highest ranked at 46!

Kukushkin just beat Troicki in 5 sets.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 11:59 AM »

Will be a nice match to watch in terms of contrast in styles, Murray one of the best returners in the game but Llodra one of the few serve and volleyers at the moment.

Result wise I do not think this should be too much problems for Murray, he loves a target and I think Llodra coming in you may see some of the best of Murray and those backhand passing shots.

But it is refreshing to watch good serve and volley should be a good one.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 12:01 PM »

Not going to get much rhythm in this match, would expect Andy to pull through in straights if his movement is anything near its best.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 01:05 PM »

Love these match ups when a good serve and volleyer plays a brilliant...Wink...defender. Usually make the best matches but alas there are few S and Vs around these days due to new technology and slower courts.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 06:17 PM »

There will be a lot of passing shots for sure. The last match had a bit of a tight score. Andy has improved quite much since then. Llodra is quite consistent and used to playing in GSs, so obviously it isn't going to be a walk in the park.

Don't panic too much though if you see Andy struggling a bit here and there from this point on. He's not going to be very sharp in every match and will have his ups and downs. It will always depend on how he feels about a match. If he’s not by any chance feeling confident, he’s going to find a way to overcome it. I’d just adjust my expectations accordingly.

If Andy were to win this title, it’s going to be one hard fought battle, so there will be hard times ahead. There’s no point getting negative during a match. Being negative is not going to have a different and positive outcome of the result.

Having said that, I really think Andy will enjoy playing this match against a crafty player like Llodra.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 07:00 PM »

cmonandy   This will be a tough match for Andy but Im sure he will make us proud and beat Llodra Smile  Andy has those magnificent passing shots so no worries yet for me... so far Wink
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 07:29 PM »

I think Andy likes playing players like Llodra.  Unfortunately Hewitt getting through means he might get bumped off RLA yet again though surely must be his turn by now. 
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 07:58 PM »

I think Andy likes playing players like Llodra.  Unfortunately Hewitt getting through means he might get bumped off RLA yet again though surely must be his turn by now.  
If Andy should end up on Hisense again an advantage would be he has got used to the court conditions, both day and night. Maybe not so bad afterall, apart from the prestige that is?
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 08:55 PM »

If Andy should end up on Hisense again an advantage would be he has got used to the court conditions, both day and night. Maybe not so bad afterall, apart from the prestige that is?

In one of Andy's interviews he talked about the differences between Rod Laver and Hisense and it seemed that Rod Laver can be very windy where as Hisense isn't.  I would think it would be easier to play on.  Wind can be the real equalizer with balls flying all over.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 09:05 PM »

I know that Andy will get on Rod laver arena if Hewitt isnt in the tournament so as much that i am an aussie i would like Roddick to win tonight.

So Sorry Bailey, that Roddick took a fall and reinjured his hamstring and he had to retire.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 09:43 PM »

Strange that the top four are all playing unseeded players in the next round. Andy has the highest ranked at 46!

Kukushkin just beat Troicki in 5 sets.

He has taken out a couple of good players maybe Andys game with him was not that bad after all.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 29 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »