Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Round 4 anyone?  We'll be there but who will join us?
Andy continues to swipe the French aside and does it in 3. - 23 (69.7%)
A bit of resistance from the Frenchman but no match for Andy, he does it in 4. - 8 (24.2%)
Andy's been snacking on the French pastries a tad but takes it through in 5. - 0 (0%)
Je ne sais pas and neither does Andy, Michael takes it in 3. - 0 (0%)
Quelle horreur!  A resurgent Michael takes it in 4. - 2 (6.1%)
It's a bit like déjà vu for Michael, who goes through after a 5-setter. - 0 (0%)
Quelle surprise - Andy finally gets a break and a walkover into round 4! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 29 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra

(Read 9171 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #45 on: January 20, 2012, 06:44 PM »

Interesting to hear Max Wilander having Andy as his pick for the Tournament. Thinks he's playing really well.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #46 on: January 20, 2012, 07:10 PM »

First of all - love your poll options, Bev. lol  However, I stopped predicting the outcome of Andy's matches ages ago.  Rarely got it right!

To play well at S&V, Llodra needs all his energy to get to the net quickly, be able to have fast reflexes for volleys, running back for overhead smashes or retrieve the ball after a deep lob.

Even with his energy slightly below max, he will become even more of an easy target for Andy. Andy can hit a fast dipping shot left, right, high lob or even straight at the body (a la Lendl). If he stays back, Andy consistency will overwhelm him. If he comes in, he will get passed.

Llodra will be in deep doodoo comes Saturday Smile
Nice assessment as usual Philip.  I have to have faith ... Smile

Because I'm not as much up on the technicalties of the sport as many on this forum (I did play tennis for many years but (a) that was a long time ago, and (b) I never had any formal coaching), I'm just quoting from Llodra's wikipedia here -

The Guardian journalist Xan Brooks described Llodra as "one of those talented, maddening French players in the tradition of Henri Leconte, Guy Forget and Fabrice Santoro; at once supremely gifted and curiously brittle" and that he "plays like he's just flown in from the 20th-century. His game is all dinks and slices and sly changes of pace.  To aid his touch on volleys, Llodra is one of the few professionals to use all natural gut strings, which give him better feel at the expense of power at the baseline.

Anyone interested in the weather forecast for the rest of the tournament - http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Melbourne+Australia+ASXX0075  If Andy does play on Monday what's the betting he'll get a daytime match in that sweltering heat?
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #47 on: January 20, 2012, 07:19 PM »

'Llodra in serve and volley plan' is hardly big news. It's the only way he knows how to play:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2089332/Australian-Open-2012-Michael-Llodra-reveals-Andy-Murray-plan.html
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #48 on: January 20, 2012, 07:22 PM »

Grabcopy, remember Davis Cup against Troicki? It was SO painful. Could not use different tactics. I have same feeling when I see Roddick charge the net and get passed every time.  Think Andy is one of very few players who can actually change his game mid match.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #49 on: January 20, 2012, 08:05 PM »

'Llodra in serve and volley plan' is hardly big news. It's the only way he knows how to play:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2089332/Australian-Open-2012-Michael-Llodra-reveals-Andy-Murray-plan.html
I'm loving the fighting talk from Llodra in that article -

The 31-year-old, who beat 32nd seed Alex Bogomolov Jnr to get a crack at world No 4 Murray, said: 'It's great, I have nothing to lose. Everyone thinks he is going to destroy me but we will see on the court.

However, that's just the problem with those lower-ranked players - they don't have anything to lose so often play lights-out tennis, but for how long can they sustain it?  I'm preparing myself for a bumpy ride here.

IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #50 on: January 20, 2012, 08:15 PM »

However, that's just the problem  - they don't have anything  but for how long can they sustain it? 

You sound like my wife. Smile
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #51 on: January 20, 2012, 08:17 PM »

I shouldn't laugh - but I do!  lmao
IP Logged
mcenroeforever
Satellite Level

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #52 on: January 20, 2012, 08:32 PM »

I'm loving the fighting talk from Llodra in that article -

The 31-year-old, who beat 32nd seed Alex Bogomolov Jnr to get a crack at world No 4 Murray, said: 'It's great, I have nothing to lose. Everyone thinks he is going to destroy me but we will see on the court.

However, that's just the problem with those lower-ranked players - they don't have anything to lose so often play lights-out tennis, but for how long can they sustain it?  I'm preparing myself for a bumpy ride here.

I agree, if Llodra serves as well as he can I see a bumpy ride too, probably featuring one or two tie breaks as Llodra can be very solid on serve. I'd definitely have preferred Bogomolov in this round. Andy in 4 i reckon.
IP Logged
toady
Junior

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #53 on: January 20, 2012, 09:00 PM »

8am start? thank goodness for that. Last match I woke at 4am, fell asleep 10 mins after it started and woke up 5 mins after it finished. Nightmare. 8am on a Saturday I can handle! I'm going for Andy in 3, hopefully. He's looking very, very focussed.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #54 on: January 20, 2012, 11:06 PM »

I commiserate with your wife ... lol
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #55 on: January 20, 2012, 11:13 PM »

Mats Wilander tipping Andy, LOL! Someone must have put something in his coffee!  Djoko has clearly been the best male player thus far, then Fed, then Nadal, and then Andy, followed by Berdych.

Nole has such a kind draw.  It is impossible for him to lose before the SF really.  Raonic, Ferrer or Gasquet could trouble him for a set, but none has the talent or belief to beat him on current form.  Our best chance is that he has such an easy run that he is under-prepared and over confident, and Andy improves each match.  I really just want to FF to next friday morning, to that night match on Rod Laver Andy v Nole.

Winner of that match wins the tournament, I have no doubts about that.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #56 on: January 20, 2012, 11:20 PM »

Andy on Michael Llodra's locker room antics
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/16638461.stm
Llodra hiding in Ljubicic's locker butt-naked ... roflmao
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #57 on: January 20, 2012, 11:36 PM »

Interesting to hear Max Wilander having Andy as his pick for the Tournament. Thinks he's playing really well.

Wow really? Wilander is usually part of the anti Andy Eurosport crew.

I would say this; In almost every Murray slam that I can remember, I have tended to get less confident as the rounds go on. This time that doesn't seem to be the case  Think
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #58 on: January 20, 2012, 11:42 PM »

Nole has such a kind draw.  It is impossible for him to lose before the SF really.  Raonic, Ferrer or Gasquet could trouble him for a set, but none has the talent or belief to beat him on current form. 

Very true. His draw has been a joke.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #59 on: January 20, 2012, 11:51 PM »

Very true. His draw has been a joke.

You mean his draw has been a 'djoker'?
Nadals is the best/worst they should have just put him through to the semis.
It's too early to tell how in form the top 3 have been due to their ridiculously easy draws. The quarters shall tell us more.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 29 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »