Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Round 4 anyone?  We'll be there but who will join us?
Andy continues to swipe the French aside and does it in 3. - 23 (69.7%)
A bit of resistance from the Frenchman but no match for Andy, he does it in 4. - 8 (24.2%)
Andy's been snacking on the French pastries a tad but takes it through in 5. - 0 (0%)
Je ne sais pas and neither does Andy, Michael takes it in 3. - 0 (0%)
Quelle horreur!  A resurgent Michael takes it in 4. - 2 (6.1%)
It's a bit like déjà vu for Michael, who goes through after a 5-setter. - 0 (0%)
Quelle surprise - Andy finally gets a break and a walkover into round 4! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra

(Read 7513 times)
Elena
Seed

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #345 on: January 21, 2012, 02:38 PM »

Thanks for posting the video of the interview John. I could only watch the first half hour, but hope the full video will be up on Eurosport player at some point.

The highlights clip is great, and even the BBC shows the last point in their report.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #346 on: January 21, 2012, 02:43 PM »

Thanks for the recording of the interview John, much appreciated.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #347 on: January 21, 2012, 05:03 PM »

What more can one say.  Andy was brilliant and lovely to see him enjoying himself. As one of the few who voted for him winning in 4, I feel suitably chastened.  Such a great match to watch with both players playing it in such a good spirit.  Is it too much to ask that some of those who write Andy off as surly etc might begin to revise their opinion after today?  Probably  doh
IP Logged
killieboyd
Satellite Level

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #348 on: January 21, 2012, 05:20 PM »

Having just re-watched the end of match interview, there were some signs that Andy is super confident, i have never seen him that relaxed after a match.  He is going to win at least one slam this year, starting with the OZ open!
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #349 on: January 21, 2012, 05:36 PM »

Comm saying that people are seeing the other side of Andy tonight - the human side.
Yeah I heard that wtf was that supposed to mean? Then the other guy said he had "wasted" his talent ranting and raving . Its about time we got some commentators who know what we have in Andy and appreciate him and in particular show him some respect. What a wonderful performance today - reminiscent of the Roddick match at Queens. Llodra was a real gent and obviously liked Andy.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #350 on: January 21, 2012, 06:43 PM »

MT it's looking like the form he had at the end of last year...and then some.. thumb up
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #351 on: January 21, 2012, 07:03 PM »

couldnt drag myself up at 3am for that one , sooo happy he won , have just watched the match on replay , wowww Andy was incredible ,  Llodra   hug   hes quite the character

next one is better timing for me   woohoo   GO ANDY !!!!!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #352 on: January 21, 2012, 07:06 PM »

next one is better timing for me   woohoo   GO ANDY !!!!!
How do you know timing of next one ljs when the oop isn't up yet for monday?  And what is the timing of it?
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #353 on: January 21, 2012, 07:07 PM »

It was such a great match to watch, brilliant variety from both players. Nice to see Andy have fun on court, and loved his interview at the end!

IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #354 on: January 21, 2012, 07:18 PM »

Yeah I heard that wtf was that supposed to mean? Then the other guy said he had "wasted" his talent ranting and raving . Its about time we got some commentators who know what we have in Andy and appreciate him and in particular show him some respect. What a wonderful performance today -
reminiscent of the Roddick match at Queens. Llodra was a real gent and obviously liked Andy.

What we have with Andy is a totally different Andy.  One who is not ranting and raving at his box. Not using his energy on stuff like that, and focusing more on his tennis. His greatness is showing and so pleasant to watch!!  It's good that commentators are seeing it as well. Yes people are seeing the real Andy these days. I don't know what changed in Andy as it started before Lendl, however it may have been one of the things that Lendl talked to him before taking the coaching job.

Sorry Scotnadian you missed the Raonic match, he played really well, I know when I had planned on watching Andy, they brought on that match instead. I'm sure there are highlights out there.

Special thanks for the interview, Andy was so relaxed and smiling. You did a great job! 
Thanks for posting the highlights, I feel that I at least got to see the best of the match. How funny when Andy hit Llodra and went up and kinda hugged him.
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #355 on: January 21, 2012, 07:19 PM »

How do you know timing of next one ljs when the oop isn't up yet for monday?  And what is the timing of it?

sorry Ruthie , I was thinking out loud there , Im sleep deprived

Im thinking it will be a late night match , so good timing for me , could be wrong of course.
[ Last edit by ljs January 21, 2012, 07:26 PM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #356 on: January 21, 2012, 08:43 PM »

I recorded this by myself Smile its the brilliant interview  yay  sorry if its a bit bad.. my camera skills aren't the best also  sorry about.. some noises in the background

Thanks for posting this John.  Very Happy
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #357 on: January 21, 2012, 08:48 PM »

Some good rallies, but at times it did seem like the two of them were more intent on playing it as an exhibition event such events are well and good but doing it in a major is a little disrespectful to the game.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #358 on: January 21, 2012, 08:52 PM »

I smell shite.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #359 on: January 21, 2012, 09:06 PM »

AK Perhaps you need to be stressing about tomorrow and your idol's draw that is going to be tough.  Young Bernard is going to be a tough test especially with the crowd rooting for him.  Our boy did good today and showed what a genuine young man he is with an abundance of talent, please don't try and take anything away from it.  It was not an exhibition match, Llodra knew he had no chance and played the match out in a very good spirit, he recognised that Andy was sweeping him away and tried to give the crowd something to keep them entertained.  Neither player had an arrogance of trying to make ridiculous shots, they were just playing extremely entertaining tennis. 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »