Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Round 4 anyone?  We'll be there but who will join us?
Andy continues to swipe the French aside and does it in 3. - 23 (69.7%)
A bit of resistance from the Frenchman but no match for Andy, he does it in 4. - 8 (24.2%)
Andy's been snacking on the French pastries a tad but takes it through in 5. - 0 (0%)
Je ne sais pas and neither does Andy, Michael takes it in 3. - 0 (0%)
Quelle horreur!  A resurgent Michael takes it in 4. - 2 (6.1%)
It's a bit like déjà vu for Michael, who goes through after a 5-setter. - 0 (0%)
Quelle surprise - Andy finally gets a break and a walkover into round 4! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra

(Read 6700 times)
ljs
Futures Level

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #360 on: January 21, 2012, 09:07 PM »

me too robbie , and it stinks !!!!
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #361 on: January 21, 2012, 09:15 PM »

AK Perhaps you need to be stressing about tomorrow and your idol's draw that is going to be tough.  Young Bernard is going to be a tough test especially with the crowd rooting for him.  Our boy did good today and showed what a genuine young man he is with an abundance of talent, please don't try and take anything away from it.  It was not an exhibition match, Llodra knew he had no chance and played the match out in a very good spirit, he recognised that Andy was sweeping him away and tried to give the crowd something to keep them entertained.  Neither player had an arrogance of trying to make ridiculous shots, they were just playing extremely entertaining tennis. 

This is a Murray thread so while I understand you want to talk about the most prolific GS winner ever you need to learn to stay on topic! but for the record am very confident he will beat the young upstart (whose behaviour against in Rd 3 was terrible)

You honestly think crowd support is going to bother someone with 16 slams? hes beaten all the top players and most of them in their own nations.

Monfils in Paris, Roddick in the US Hewitt In Melbourne, Murray at 02, and Tomic in Australia in the Davis Cup which is even more in Tomics favour, hard to see Tomic even getting a set to be honest but sure it will be a plucky effort.

Llodra is a great volleyer Murray a good returner, it makes for a nice contrast the first set was very competetive, but Murray served very well on break points i think he got 5 1st serves in a row in that is a very impressive stat.

But making it into an exho is making a bit of a mockery out of a major tournament, it is the kind of stuff I expect from a talented guy who wants attention like Monfils not someone who actually has ambitions of winning a major title.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #362 on: January 21, 2012, 09:25 PM »

Not enough replies on the last page eh!
IP Logged
frewbuddie

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #363 on: January 21, 2012, 09:41 PM »

Thought Andy was excellent against Llodra today growing in confidence with every match. Llodra did not have an answer to Andy's superlative display of tennis really enjoyed the match at one point Llodra stood with hands on hips with a disbelieving look on his face  that said it all really.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #364 on: January 21, 2012, 09:48 PM »

I have always felt that Andy is a confidence player and today he was brimming with it and it made for a really enjoyable match.  He was like Harry Potter on a tennis court - spell binding!!!
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #365 on: January 21, 2012, 09:50 PM »

^ Yes, Magical.
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #366 on: January 21, 2012, 09:56 PM »

But making it into an exho is making a bit of a mockery out of a major tournament, it is the kind of stuff I expect from a talented guy who wants attention like Monfils not someone who actually has ambitions of winning a major title.

I disagree completely AK400, Murray was thoroughly proffessional, i understand that you want to belittle him a bit cause you are a Fed fan, but seriously?

Murray played serious tennis, Llodra started clowning around, but murray remained focussed and all credit to him.

When all is said and done, I am happy to watch tennis like that, it was entertaining and high quality tennis for the first set and half, the rest just made it more enjoyable
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #367 on: January 21, 2012, 09:58 PM »

He managed shot of the day with the point to take the second set.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/video/index.html#ooid=5wcDdjMzpg3addGArCxoH5hZBF6t_kWd
IP Logged
frewbuddie

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #368 on: January 21, 2012, 10:06 PM »

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/video/index.html#ooid=5wcDdjMzpg3addGArCxoH5hZBF6t_kWd
A lot of respect and admiration for AM at the end of the match from Llodra.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #369 on: January 21, 2012, 10:20 PM »

I'm quite surprised but very pleased for Andy.  My choice would have been the shot that Llodra got around the post but what do I know? lol
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #370 on: January 21, 2012, 10:23 PM »

I smell shite.

Same sh*te, just a different day is all.

This is all I can say

devil
IP Logged
frewbuddie

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #371 on: January 21, 2012, 10:28 PM »

Llodra tried to drop shot Andy a lot in this match not a good tactic especially with Andy's speed on court I think Andy only failed to get to one. First serve worked well today was pleasing to see if their is a weakness in his game it has to be his second serve but hopefully that will improve.
IP Logged
geo1

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #372 on: January 21, 2012, 11:06 PM »

Some good rallies, but at times it did seem like the two of them were more intent on playing it as an exhibition event such events are well and good but doing it in a major is a little disrespectful to the game.

Pish.. all that ever comes out, Pish,  s/he fools nobody but themselves, I have to assume AK get's something from this, so I suppose thats a blessing.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #373 on: January 21, 2012, 11:21 PM »

This is a Murray thread so while I understand you want to talk about the most prolific GS winner ever you need to learn to stay on topic! but for the record am very confident he will beat the young upstart (whose behaviour against in Rd 3 was terrible)

You honestly think crowd support is going to bother someone with 16 slams? hes beaten all the top players and most of them in their own nations.

Monfils in Paris, Roddick in the US Hewitt In Melbourne, Murray at 02, and Tomic in Australia in the Davis Cup which is even more in Tomics favour, hard to see Tomic even getting a set to be honest but sure it will be a plucky effort.

Llodra is a great volleyer Murray a good returner, it makes for a nice contrast the first set was very competetive, but Murray served very well on break points i think he got 5 1st serves in a row in that is a very impressive stat.

Are you for real, or did someone knit you?  That match today just was what it was - very entertaining, and played with passion and good grace.  I'm not sure what part of you doesn't get that.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #374 on: January 21, 2012, 11:35 PM »

You are a bit of a joke shop sometimes ak.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »