Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Round 4 anyone?  We'll be there but who will join us?
Andy continues to swipe the French aside and does it in 3. - 23 (69.7%)
A bit of resistance from the Frenchman but no match for Andy, he does it in 4. - 8 (24.2%)
Andy's been snacking on the French pastries a tad but takes it through in 5. - 0 (0%)
Je ne sais pas and neither does Andy, Michael takes it in 3. - 0 (0%)
Quelle horreur!  A resurgent Michael takes it in 4. - 2 (6.1%)
It's a bit like déjà vu for Michael, who goes through after a 5-setter. - 0 (0%)
Quelle surprise - Andy finally gets a break and a walkover into round 4! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra

(Read 6742 times)
Elena
Seed

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #375 on: January 21, 2012, 11:48 PM »

Hooray, the video of the Murray/LLodra is up on Eurosport. 
What a pleasure to see this kind of tennis.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #376 on: January 21, 2012, 11:58 PM »

Some good rallies, but at times it did seem like the two of them were more intent on playing it as an exhibition event such events are well and good but doing it in a major is a little disrespectful to the game.

Love it!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #377 on: January 22, 2012, 12:19 AM »

Are you for real, or did someone knit you?  That match today just was what it was - very entertaining, and played with passion and good grace.  I'm not sure what part of you doesn't get that.

One of the questions put forward to Michael Llodra at the press conference afterwards:

Q.  Is there a sense you took part in something special?  There were enough rallies in that game to do a highlights package on its own.  Some fantastic points.

MICHAEL LLODRA:  Yeah, it's always good when you have different styles on the court.  He is pretty good from the baseline.  He has a huge passing shot.  And me, I do serve and volley.  So usually it can happen to see some great points.  Today it happened.

Unfortunately I prefer to play badly but win the match, but it was not the case today.

So just the numpties were grumbling.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #378 on: January 22, 2012, 01:42 AM »

Some good rallies, but at times it did seem like the two of them were more intent on playing it as an exhibition event such events are well and good but doing it in a major is a little disrespectful to the game.
Why cant you have some original thoughts of your own ak400? The expression 'exhibition' was used by several people in the media earlier today.
Who the hell are you to talk about respect? Ha ha haaa, great joke.

Are you a stand-up comic in your day job? Thats some talent you have there, probably the GOAT.
roflmao
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #379 on: January 22, 2012, 03:07 AM »

Are you for real, or did someone knit you?  That match today just was what it was - very entertaining, and played with passion and good grace.  I'm not sure what part of you doesn't get that.
Hear hear!  ak400 is something to do with car locks apparently (yes, I googled it).  I reckon this ak400 is so locked into knocking Andy or anything to do with him that he just can't stop posting on this forum.

First of all the Andy Boys aren't quite the appropriate people to have as GS spectators and were only looking for "five minutes of fame", and now Andy has brought disgrace on himself by actually daring to openly enjoy playing a GS match.  He and Llodra never set out to "make a mockery" of this match, the humour just simply gradually crept into it but at no time did it affect the high standard of play from both men, something which the crowd, and the commentators, appreciated.

Suggest you get out more AK and smell the flowers instead of constantly causing a stink on this forum with your petty comments.
IP Logged
NDMS
Junior

You can do it, Andy!

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #380 on: January 22, 2012, 03:32 AM »

Dogs have fleas and Murrays World has ak400.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #381 on: January 22, 2012, 04:37 AM »

Love that! lol
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #382 on: January 22, 2012, 06:58 AM »

clap
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #383 on: January 22, 2012, 07:08 AM »

Well, it didn't take you long to suss that out! Welcome to MW!  Very Happy
IP Logged
tomthoms
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #384 on: January 22, 2012, 08:31 AM »

Suggest you get out more AK and smell the flowers instead of constantly causing a stink on this forum with your petty comments.
[/quote]

Not to worry, folks. Dogs may have fleas but MW has Aileen AK400icide.  Super
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #385 on: January 22, 2012, 08:47 AM »

Nominated to Post of the Week
 Good posting! Good posting! Good posting!
roflmao
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #386 on: January 22, 2012, 12:37 PM »

Hear hear!  ak400 is something to do with car locks apparently (yes, I googled it).  I reckon this ak400 is so locked into knocking Andy or anything to do with him that he just can't stop posting on this forum.

First of all the Andy Boys aren't quite the appropriate people to have as GS spectators and were only looking for "five minutes of fame", and now Andy has brought disgrace on himself by actually daring to openly enjoy playing a GS match.  He and Llodra never set out to "make a mockery" of this match, the humour just simply gradually crept into it but at no time did it affect the high standard of play from both men, something which the crowd, and the commentators, appreciated.

Look Murray is a player in the top 10 and as a tennis fan there is nothing wrong with talking about a tennis player on a tennis forum, in fact when looked at closely it's pretty logical!

I made my feelings about Murrays boys clear but I also spoke to one of them here and while I don't think it's apropriate behaviour for a major I wished him the best.

Murray and Llodra were IMHO making the who thing into an exho which is a dangerous precedent and has the potential to devalue a major event.

Look I'm here to post about tennis not just Murray as I do post on the general section too, we will not always agree but we both have equal rights to post here, but if you don't like me posting here you don't have to stay on my account there are plenty other forums out there like MTF.
IP Logged
araminta
Futures Level

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #387 on: January 22, 2012, 12:45 PM »

Whi is this idiot?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #388 on: January 22, 2012, 12:45 PM »

AK400, to avoid being seen as an incredible hypocrite, please acknowledge that, by your thinking, your typical Federer fan is much more inappropriate at the Slams?
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: AO 2012 R3: Murray vs Llodra « Reply #389 on: January 22, 2012, 12:48 PM »

AK400, to avoid being seen as an incredible hypocrite, please acknowledge that, by your thinking, your typical Federer fan is much more inappropriate at the Slams?

Look I have said already it's healthy to have the union jacks, Spanish flags stars and stripes get a bit of atmosphere and support the players,  I did question whether 5 guys singing x factor style was appropriate by contrast, but as long as they are not breaking any rules then it is down to them.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »