Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The QF'a beckon and that's where we all want to be.  Will Andy?
Yes.  Andy's wise to the Russian born Kuzakh and marches on! - 32 (97%)
No.  Mikhail adds another seed scalp to his belt and gives Andy time to look where Kuzakhstan is. - 1 (3%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 27 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin

(Read 5078 times)
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #45 on: January 22, 2012, 12:55 PM »

And he will also be spared the dreaded final with Federer which could induce yet another choke from Andy,
Should Roger somehow get by Del Po and Rafa that is.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #46 on: January 22, 2012, 12:56 PM »

And Andy get by Tsonga & Novak too  Whistle
IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #47 on: January 22, 2012, 01:00 PM »

I'm hoping Lendl has finally knocked the passivity out of him. I have this sense that Andy's a bit disdainful of guys who haven't been top, top players - remember his comments about Rusedski and Cowan? So, when journeymen players like Gilbert and Petchey tell him how he has to play, he's less likely to take heed than when he hears it from an all-time ledge.

This is a bit sad, as those journeymen players often make the best coaches - the game didn't come 100% naturally to them, so they had to use their brain and figure it out.

I think Lendl's told him to tee off on the ball and he's listening. In fact, I'm sure of it.

That and one of the best ways is to move up the court, which has definitely been noticable this week. I have always preferred players who do this, Aggassi for example, so much more natural ability involved, compared to the machine-like clay courters with their massive wind ups. 
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #48 on: January 22, 2012, 01:02 PM »

If Andy is going to win this thing it is going to be tough doh

But I have been happy of what I have seen so far with coach Lendl and believe it's all on Andy racquet.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #49 on: January 22, 2012, 01:19 PM »

Ryan Harrison nailed.
Murray has been playing more within the court dictating points, that's what he has worked on in the off season.
He's got the best volleys of any of them why not be more aggressive and he has.
In fact he was as aggressive against Llodra as Fed was against a relatively passive Tomic. Slightly more in fact, but with a much reduced error count of course.
Good signs.
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #50 on: January 22, 2012, 01:25 PM »

Without getting too far ahead, Andy should dispatch Kukushkin in straights. Losing the first set at Brisbane in the first match of the season is not unexpected - especially against an unknown opponent who was playing lights out tennis for most of the 1st against Andy who was rusty at the time.

Monfils actually did Andy a favour by dragging the match to 5 sets which will take its toll on Kuku physically. Andy in contrast has spent less time on court which will be a factor so combined with his more aggressive game we've seen this week, I'm confident Andy will be in the quarters to meet Tsonga/Nishikori.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #51 on: January 22, 2012, 01:38 PM »

Tsonga has been showing signs of fatigue recently, and has beaten Andy only once before. Yes it was in the 2nd round of the Australian, but it was 4 years ago. It will be Andys to lose and he shall have time to recover in a 5 setter, should Jo go on one of his hot streaks that he can never quite sustain for an entire match.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #52 on: January 22, 2012, 01:45 PM »

Tsonga has been showing signs of fatigue recently, and has beaten Andy only once before. Yes it was in the 2nd round of the Australian, but it was 4 years ago. It will be Andys to lose and he shall have time to recover in a 5 setter, should Jo go on one of his hot streaks that he can never quite sustain for an entire match.

Tsonga pulled out of Kooyong with fatigue but looking at how he has cruised through his last 2 rounds that would have seem to be a move that was made out of caution more than anything.

I agree Tsonga is a very good match up for Murray I feel like whatever he throws at Murray, Murray has the craft and skills to kind of handle it and throw it back to him, that loss to Tsonga was actually the 1st round Tsonga was playing lights out.

I would expect Murray to win if they played in 4 or 5 sets, the only thing I would say though, is that matches apart from one or two have generally been pretty tight, and over the last 6 months Tsgona has been playing some of the best tennis of his life, these two have not played in that time so it would be an interesting one.
IP Logged
geo1

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #53 on: January 22, 2012, 02:10 PM »

The best tennis of Tsongas life is not good enough against the best tennis of Andy's life.. exactly what do you want ?
You are a typical fedtard, as soon as the spotlight even thinks about moving a few particles to someone else, you cry foul,
is if one dare remove the light that is rightfully shone on the " THE ONE "   
Get over it life and indeed tennis does not revolve around the merely mortal.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #54 on: January 22, 2012, 02:12 PM »

The last time they met was Queens and Andy beat him in the Final.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #55 on: January 22, 2012, 02:16 PM »

The best tennis of Tsongas life is not good enough against the best tennis of Andy's life.. exactly what do you want ?
You are a typical fedtard, as soon as the spotlight even thinks about moving a few particles to someone else, you cry foul,
is if one dare remove the light that is rightfully shone on the " THE ONE "   
Get over it life and indeed tennis does not revolve around the merely mortal.

Seeing as Murray hasn't played Tsonga in the last 6 months when he's been playing his best tennis you can't say for sure that tsongas best is not good enough, truth is we don't know for sure and it should be a great match, though I still make Murray a favourite as I feel like it's a good match up for him!

I don't see what this has to do with Roger! But I guess when you win that many majors even rivals amd fans will always want to talk about you as thats the bench Mark that they dream pretty much always hopelessly of emulating.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #56 on: January 22, 2012, 02:16 PM »

Yes Michelle, I remember it well. I'm not worried about Andy facing Tsonga, not at all.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #57 on: January 22, 2012, 02:17 PM »

The last time they met was Queens and Andy beat him in the Final.

Yep tight match as I say good match up for Murray! And I expect something similar here! But tsongas level like murrays has been much higher than that since the end of last year!
IP Logged
geo1

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #58 on: January 22, 2012, 02:22 PM »

Seeing as Murray hasn't played Tsonga in the last 6 months when he's been playing his best tennis you can't say for sure that tsongas best is not good enough, truth is we don't know for sure and it should be a great match, though I still make Murray a favourite as I feel like it's a good match up for him!

I don't see what this has to do with Roger! But I guess when you win that many majors even rivals amd fans will always want to talk about you as thats the bench Mark that they dream pretty much always hopelessly of emulating.

You are a complete tool AK.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #59 on: January 22, 2012, 04:40 PM »

I think it's a lucky break that Andy played K in Brisbane as that in effect was a warm up match for this one. And he beat him ok once he'd got the measure of him even though Andy was clearly ring rusty.   So hopefully he doesn't have to spend a set adjusting to him this time and can go in and beat him quickly and clinically even if K does play the tennis he's capable of [though it would seem for only short patches].
As I'm not a night owl and have heavy day tomorrow, won't be watching [unless my internal clock wakes me up and refuses to let me go back to sleep].  So hope to wake up to good news.  It's good that they've put the other match on in the middle of the day also so one player won't have an advantage over the other in QFs if the other had played when it was cooler.  And about  time he was on RLA before it gets to the QFs.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 27 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »