Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The QF'a beckon and that's where we all want to be.  Will Andy?
Yes.  Andy's wise to the Russian born Kuzakh and marches on! - 32 (97%)
No.  Mikhail adds another seed scalp to his belt and gives Andy time to look where Kuzakhstan is. - 1 (3%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 27 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin

(Read 5743 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « on: January 21, 2012, 10:13 AM »

So, not too long ago that these two met, with Kukushkin taking a set off Andy but hopefully Andy is a lot sharper now.

Proper H2H to follow with a poll Very Happy

This match will be scheduled for Monday.  Wonder if RLA will get a look at Andy? Think

Thanks to John for the photo.

* Murray vs Kukushkin.png (234.21 KB, 742x733 - viewed 543 times.)
[ Last edit by Bevc January 21, 2012, 10:33 AM ] IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 10:25 AM »

So, not too long ago that these two met, with Kukushkin taking a set off Andy but hopefully Andy is a lot sharper now.

Proper H2H to follow with a poll Very Happy

This match will be scheduled for Monday.  Wonder if RLA will get a look at Andy? Think
Even Neil Harman has questioned Andy playing another Match on the Hisense and not the Rod Laver.
[ Last edit by michelle January 21, 2012, 11:21 AM ] IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 10:30 AM »

Watched Kukushkin's match a bit today. He has quite a huge forehand, Andy should be careful not to be too passive.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 10:47 AM »

Watched Kukushkin's match a bit today. He has quite a huge forehand, Andy should be careful not to be too passive.
Rolling Eyes...********.
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 10:49 AM »

If he doesnt get on RLA then i think it would be disgusting

he needs to get onto it to get that feel back for the court, he has already said that Hisense is totally different
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 11:03 AM »

Rolling Eyes...Boll**ks.

Andy is going past him, I don't doubt it, but he had some really big shots against Monfils who is quite atletic. He can hit the ball, so don't give him the chance by being  to passive. On the other hand, Andy is quite aggressive till now in the tournament, so I have no concerns.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 11:04 AM »

If he doesnt get on RLA then i think it would be disgusting

he needs to get onto it to get that feel back for the court, he has already said that Hisense is totally different

Someone said that the court is slower - might have been my Aussie comms dontknow
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 11:07 AM »

Andy is going past him, I don't doubt it, but he had some really big shots against Monfils who is quite atletic. He can hit the ball, so don't give him the chance by being  to passive. On the other hand, Andy is quite aggressive till now in the tournament, so I have no concerns.
Passive?  You have been watching Andy lately?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #8 on: January 21, 2012, 11:15 AM »

Good that Andy has played him before. Monfils was clearly injured and it still took K 5 sets. K has problems at clutch moments.
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 11:17 AM »

^^Of course I am, that's why I'm saying he shouldn't get back to the passive play. He's an inteligent guy, so what do I know, he will figure it out and go past this obstacle. Wink
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 11:45 AM »

The Kasakhstanian (or is he Russian?)  is going home to a cold winter, I tell you.

Andy beat Kukushkin 1st round in Brisbane 5-7 6 -3 6-2, he's got his number now!

He'll go all out to win the 1st set quickly and deflate him.
Neither will Andy become complacent and relax mid match if he takes the 1st set.

It'll be a fight, but no worries mate!

IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 12:58 PM »

Andy has one of the best draws next round (for a change). The Fed will have to work against Tomic. Hewitt might take a set of Dyokovic.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 01:30 PM »

Passive?  You have been watching Andy lately?

I'm hoping Lendl has finally knocked the passivity out of him. I have this sense that Andy's a bit disdainful of guys who haven't been top, top players - remember his comments about Rusedski and Cowan? So, when journeymen players like Gilbert and Petchey tell him how he has to play, he's less likely to take heed than when he hears it from an all-time ledge.

This is a bit sad, as those journeymen players often make the best coaches - the game didn't come 100% naturally to them, so they had to use their brain and figure it out.

I think Lendl's told him to tee off on the ball and he's listening. In fact, I'm sure of it.
IP Logged
wildster

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #13 on: January 21, 2012, 02:23 PM »

If you look at his stats for the tournement: http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/players/overview/atpmc10.html
He is hitting more winners than Djokovic or Nadal
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/players/overview/atpd643.html
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/players/overview/atpn409.html
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #14 on: January 21, 2012, 02:49 PM »

Here is a summary video of their match two weeks ago.  This Kukushkin guy is dangerous.  He has a strong FH,  good volley and has fast movement around the court.

I am hoping that our improved Andy can tire & finish him off in 3 sets with probably the first set being quite tight as K comes out firing bullets.  Maybe 7-6, 6-4, 6-3 (can't find the finger's crossed emoticon)
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 27 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »