Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: The QF'a beckon and that's where we all want to be.  Will Andy?
Yes.  Andy's wise to the Russian born Kuzakh and marches on! - 32 (97%)
No.  Mikhail adds another seed scalp to his belt and gives Andy time to look where Kuzakhstan is. - 1 (3%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 27 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin

(Read 5463 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 02:59 PM »

With all due respect Philip.. when I watched that, all I saw was Andy destroying him.
I watched the match with Monfils.. he should have finished him off in 3rd set when he was up 5-1, but instead let him back in, then disappeared altogether in 4th.
IP Logged
dave_ladder
Junior

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 07:29 PM »

Hopefully they wear different coloured shirts this time - I needed to fetch my glasses for that!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 07:56 PM »

So, Andy should get on RLA afterall.  I didn't realise that should Hewitt win that he'd face Djokovic, so that's odds on to be the night match, leaving the day for Andy.  Hopefully this will be first match of the day on RLA, which will be better for Andy if it's going to be warm.  Bad for me since I will be at work but whatever is best for Andy wins the day.

cmonandy
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 08:10 PM »

Murray played very well today, very solid and some good touch.

In a way I think he may have preferrred Monfils in round 4 as it was a box office match with two solid players battling it out!

Now Murray is up against a dangerous hitter that he should beat easily but anything less than a straight sets crushing will send mixed vibes to the tennis world.

The pressure is on him big time now let us see how he handles it.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 08:11 PM »

So who's voted no in the poll? search secret service agent Eyebrow raise.
IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 08:19 PM »

How about a poll to petition the moderators to black ball infiltrators on a forum for Murray fans? pray
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 08:21 PM »

Ooooh ahhhh, some one is feeling the pressure and it ain't Andy.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #22 on: January 21, 2012, 08:26 PM »

Ooooh ahhhh, some one is feeling the pressure and it ain't Andy.

Well if he isn't feeling pressure in a match he is expected to crush his opponent that would be quite surprising,

Look he is playing well and has the game to beat Kuku that is clear, but beating him in a fashion that makes a statement is a big ask we will see how he handles the situation
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #23 on: January 21, 2012, 08:32 PM »

What I mean Scotnadian is that Kukushin is dangerous if he is allowed to play and Andy's movement is restricted.

Now that Andy is in the 4th round, Andy's movement is well oiled so should be able to take care of K.  If Andy is playing well then a straight sets win is expected.  If Andy starts nervously then a win in 4 sets is expected as K should start to tire after the 1st set.  

I have no doubt that Andy will win but hope that he wins in 3 sets to conserve energy for the next round against Tsonga who has the weapon and consistency to knock Andy out of the tournament if Tsonga is on song.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #24 on: January 21, 2012, 09:27 PM »

I feel the reason that Andy lost the first set against Kukushkin in Brisbane was he had never played him previously. Therefore, he used that set to become familiar with his play and thereafter was never in trouble.

Why when our mood is on the up from Andy's performance, do we have to suffer posts and an unacceptable avatar from an unwelcome visitor. It happens frequently and I still refuse to either read his comments or dignify a reply.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #25 on: January 21, 2012, 09:30 PM »

When Andy played Kuku at Brisbane, it was the first match of the year and he admitted his movement was all wrong. I think we can say he's got his feet sorted now. It's one thing beating Monfils ('Monfils is clearly an actual idiot' - Pete Bodo) but another beating a pumped-up Murray over 5. I predict an utter woodshedding - something like 6-1 6-2 6-2.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #26 on: January 21, 2012, 09:40 PM »

When Andy played Kuku at Brisbane, it was the first match of the year and he admitted his movement was all wrong. I think we can say he's got his feet sorted now. It's one thing beating Monfils ('Monfils is clearly an actual idiot' - Pete Bodo) but another beating a pumped-up Murray over 5. I predict an utter woodshedding - something like 6-1 6-2 6-2.

I always like supporting your posts, Nigel.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #27 on: January 21, 2012, 09:42 PM »

Aw, shucks.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #28 on: January 22, 2012, 03:59 AM »

OOP is out for Monday.  Andy 2nd on RLA, so could be any time after 12.30 pm local time, so about 2.30 pm NZ time and that would make it 1.30 am UK time.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/schedule/schedule13.html
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2012 R4: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #29 on: January 22, 2012, 04:33 AM »

^^  Thanks for the info. Bev.  At least 1.30 am is a fairly civilised hour for this night bird!

I really do hope Andy gets on RLA for this match.  When he played Kukushkin in Brisbane there were the combined effects of Andy not having played in a tournament for several weeks and of never having played him before, so Kuku managed to take the first set off him.  However, now that Andy has Kuku's measure, and provided he can maintain his current form, I don't think Kuku will pose too many problems, so this would be the best time for Andy to play on RLA and get used to the court conditions before he comes up against Tsonga.

Incidentally the forecast for this match is a temperature of 91F/33C so the heat could be a factor here.  We know Andy's Miami training stands him in good stead, but how much will it affect his opponent, particularly as this match is scheduled for the hottest part of the day?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 27 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »