Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Djokovic in 3
Djokovic in 4
Djokovic in 5

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 ... 143 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1]

(Read 24865 times)
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1920 on: January 27, 2013, 01:39 PM »

I bet Virginia Wade has gone for a fag and is now laughing at her Andy bashing successes.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1921 on: January 27, 2013, 01:39 PM »

I've waiting years for this rivalry, but now that it's here I don't enjoy it at all. Their matches are brutal.

Even if Andy had been victorious today, I still would have honestly said I didn't enjoy watching the brutality of it.

If they keep coming up against each other and playing like this, surely this will shorten their careers?
My feelings exactly.  In fact I didn't even enjoy the USO final very much for that reason.  These continual long rallies are killers.  Hopefully Lendl might get Andy to see a way round them when he plays Djoko in future.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1922 on: January 27, 2013, 01:41 PM »

I bet Virginia Wade has gone for a fag and is now laughing at her Andy bashing successes.
lol  That made me laugh!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1923 on: January 27, 2013, 01:42 PM »

Amazing start by Andy, Oh look a feather. SLUGFEST!!!!!!
That feather was weird - and it was a white one as well ...
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1924 on: January 27, 2013, 01:43 PM »

I've waiting years for this rivalry, but now that it's here I don't enjoy it at all. Their matches are brutal.

Even if Andy had been victorious today, I still would have honestly said I didn't enjoy watching the brutality of it.

If they keep coming up against each other and playing like this, surely this will shorten their careers?

I agree Scot.    I was quite glad it finished in 4.    Why can't someone think of a different tactic - it would have to be Andy, he has the soft hands, - and look at how Arthur Ashe beat Jimmy Connors at Wimbledon.    I loved him - he looked so scholarly!!!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1925 on: January 27, 2013, 01:47 PM »

I missed the entire match so, can someone please give me a summary of it?
Neck and neck for two sets, Djokovic slightly better first set but Murray played a sublime tie-break, roles reversed in set two (Murray better but Djokovic played a better tie-break).

Murray had treatment for a blistered foot and after that seemed to lack energy. Once the pressure started to subside Djokovic was able to step up and take control. There was somewhat of an inevitable feel to it once Djokovic broke in the 3rd set. The match went completely flat after the 2nd set.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1926 on: January 27, 2013, 01:49 PM »

Ok, did Andy lose because of his injury or because Nole played very well? Please dont say both Smile
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1927 on: January 27, 2013, 01:51 PM »

Neck and neck for two sets, Djokovic slightly better first set but Murray played a sublime tie-break, roles reversed in set two (Murray better but Djokovic played a better tie-break).

Murray had treatment for a blistered foot and after that seemed to lack energy. Once the pressure started to subside Djokovic was able to step up and take control. There was somewhat of an inevitable feel to it once Djokovic broke in the 3rd set. The match went completely flat after the 2nd set.

Yeah, i saw the initial games of the fourth set in a cafe and he seemed to be so tired and not able to move in a comfortable way...which was really sad...I wanted to believe that he could have won the fourth set and taken it ahead but I could see that he wasnt fit at all...
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1928 on: January 27, 2013, 01:51 PM »

Both  Whistle
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1929 on: January 27, 2013, 01:52 PM »

Awful.  Just absolutely  rubbish  107 uef  combined,  hilariously bad.
What happened to you man? You used to be so upbeat and positive, now you've the most negative guy on here, no contest.

'Awful', 'rubbish', 'embarrassing' seem to make up the majority of your posts these days.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1930 on: January 27, 2013, 01:52 PM »

Ok, did Andy lose because of his injury or because Nole played very well? Please dont say both Smile

Andy himself said to the press that the blister hurt but wasn't to blame for the end result.Nole played very,very well.However,whether or not the blister affected the eventual outcome,Andy did seem different afterwards,and Nole stepped up from then on.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1931 on: January 27, 2013, 01:52 PM »

Both  Whistle

Wow Angie, exactly what I asked you to do Rolling Eyes
Was the injury in the first set?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1932 on: January 27, 2013, 01:53 PM »

TMH agree with that assessment totally.
Andy went really flat, played some brilliant shots but couldn't string two points together.
Also, didn't serve nearly as well as against Fed. Always seemed to be struggling on his serve,
Key to his game and win looked impossible from 3 on.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1933 on: January 27, 2013, 01:53 PM »

Andy himself said to the press that the blister hurt but wasn't to blame for the end result.Nole played very,very well.However,whether or not the blister affected the eventual outcome,Andy did seem different afterwards,and Nole stepped up from then on.

I understand what you are trying to tell....I think the blisters did affect Andy's game but the major problem was that Nole was playing too well too...
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1934 on: January 27, 2013, 01:56 PM »

Five Slams from nine attempts for Novak now, reaching the final of all but two of them.

How big is he going to become? I can definitely see him catching Sampras at this rate. With Rafa's injury problems, over the next few years Andy will be his only real challenger, and he beats him more often than he loses.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 ... 143 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »