Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Djokovic in 3
Djokovic in 4
Djokovic in 5

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 143 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1]

(Read 24408 times)
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #30 on: January 25, 2013, 05:38 PM »

Smile

lol us two do have a good joke sometimes don't we. RTR was the best.

IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #31 on: January 25, 2013, 05:40 PM »

I am but when people nick my bloody job twice in a row I become a little on the pissed off side!
And you ain't gonna get one of those little ol silver badges either. no
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013, 05:41 PM »

lol us two do have a good joke sometimes don't we. RTR was the best.

Yep, how we all laughed.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #33 on: January 25, 2013, 05:42 PM »

Yep, how we all laughed.
You are so sarcastic!  Any sharper, you'd cut yourself...
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #34 on: January 25, 2013, 05:42 PM »

I will get a silver badge!
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #35 on: January 25, 2013, 05:43 PM »

I will get a silver badge!

No way.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #36 on: January 25, 2013, 05:44 PM »

Trouble is we have him sussed. Poor Robster. lol
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #37 on: January 25, 2013, 05:44 PM »

I haven't voted yet, but I'm going for Andy in five.

Djokovic had an easy win against Ferrer, but there is just no way Andy is going to play Djokovic like that. Ferrer seemed to be going for an approach that was essentially 'you stand there and I'll serve straight to you, and then you can stand on the baseline and hit a winner, okay?' Andy will be able to move Djokovic around much, much more.

I wonder how much time altogether Djokovic has spent on court? I know for Andy it's something like 13 hours altogether, which seems pretty good going into the final of a major. I have a feeling Djokovic will have spent longer out there, given that he was taken to five in five hours by Wawrinka, and  then four, although it was a fairly quick affair, by Berdych. I don't really question the time Djokovic has spent on court, but whether the stress of that long match with Wawrinka will come out against Andy and wear Djokovic down a bit. If the Wawrinka match had been a semi I would think not funnily enough, but it seems as if Djokovic could have less in the tank by the time the final comes around than Andy, because of the emotion he had to use to get passed Wawrinka, and then the matches that followed, which I realise were simple by comparison, but still had to be won. We'll see.

Andy, to my mind, is going to go into the final off the back of what has to be a huge win for him. It feels hugely important. I'm sure there is a danger of that wearing him down, but I think it will drive him on.

I don't know, it's speculation I suppose, but Andy just has a look about him to me. Given the nature of what he did against Federer today you would think he would have celebrated the win more, but not a bit of it. Apart from his usual things he was very calm. I just get the feeling he knows the job isn't done yet and it won't be until he lifts that trophy.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #38 on: January 25, 2013, 05:45 PM »

Indeed...you got me.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #39 on: January 25, 2013, 05:46 PM »

I haven't voted yet, but I'm going for Andy in five.

Djokovic had an easy win against Ferrer, but there is just no way Andy is going to play Djokovic like that. Ferrer seemed to be going for an approach that was essentially 'you stand there and I'll serve straight to you, and then you can stand on the baseline and hit a winner, okay?' Andy will be able to move Djokovic around much, much more.

I wonder how much time altogether Djokovic has spent on court? I know for Andy it's something like 13 hours altogether, which seems pretty good going into the final of a major. I have a feeling Djokovic will have spent longer out there, given that he was taken to five in five hours by Wawrinka, and  then four, although it was a fairly quick affair, by Berdych. I don't really question the time Djokovic has spent on court, but whether the stress of that long match with Wawrinka will come out against Andy and wear Djokovic down a bit. If the Wawrinka match had been a semi I would think not funnily enough, but it seems as if Djokovic could have less in the tank by the time the final comes around than Andy, because of the emotion he had to use to get passed Wawrinka, and then the matches that followed, which I realise were simple by comparison, but still had to be won. We'll see.

Andy, to my mind, is going to go into the final off the back of what has to be a huge win for him. It feels hugely important. I'm sure there is a danger of that wearing him down, but I think it will drive him on.

I don't know, it's speculation I suppose, but Andy just has a look about him to me. Given the nature of what he did against Federer today you would think he would have celebrated the win more, but not a bit of it. Apart from his usual things he was very calm. I just get the feeling he knows the job isn't done yet and it won't be until he lifts that trophy.
Bless you teejay1 - So hope you're right.  hug
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #40 on: January 25, 2013, 05:47 PM »

Elly, you don't have a plaster do you. hug
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #41 on: January 25, 2013, 05:48 PM »

You will never suss the Robster.  He makes me smile a lot - one of the best on here.  Smile
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #42 on: January 25, 2013, 05:49 PM »

Elly, you don't have a plaster do you. hug
Aye - one that fits your mouth, funnily enough!  Very Happy
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #43 on: January 25, 2013, 05:50 PM »

Aye - one that fits your mouth, funnily enough!  Very Happy
That BIG.... shocking
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #44 on: January 25, 2013, 05:51 PM »

That BIG.... shocking

roflmao You sure do make me laugh.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 143 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »