Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Djokovic in 3
Djokovic in 4
Djokovic in 5

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 143 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1]

(Read 21821 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #45 on: January 25, 2013, 05:51 PM »

Bless you teejay1 - So hope you're right.  hug

Thanks, I could do with a few blessings lol. Well, Andy wins, I'll be £90 or so up, so everyone will be happy.

I vote that if he does it we all go on an MW booze up, on me. Not sure how we'd do that online, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it lol.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #46 on: January 25, 2013, 05:51 PM »

That BIG.... shocking
Fecking HUGE!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #47 on: January 25, 2013, 05:52 PM »

That BIG.... shocking

I have 4 plastersfor your wrists and feet. Theres an old wooden chair in the corner too. Hmmm I have an idea...
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #48 on: January 25, 2013, 05:52 PM »

Thanks, I could do with a few blessings lol. Well, Andy wins, I'll be £90 or so up, so everyone will be happy.

I vote that if he does it we all go on an MW booze up, on me. Not sure how we'd do that online, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it lol.
Ah - so now we cut to the chase - you're only in it for the money!!  Very Happy  Just kidding - so hope you win your bet.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #49 on: January 25, 2013, 05:56 PM »

I have 4 plastersfor your wrists and feet. Theres an old wooden chair in the corner too. Hmmm I have an idea...

Use those leather straps you told me about and I'm in. yes
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #50 on: January 25, 2013, 05:58 PM »

Leather straps it is. I forgot to mention the large window myself and Elly could throw you out. You up for that?
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #51 on: January 25, 2013, 06:00 PM »

It,ll be paneful but I'm up for it.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #52 on: January 25, 2013, 06:00 PM »

Leather straps it is. I forgot to mention the large window myself and Elly could throw you out. You up for that?

No!!! I like Robbie and his big, fat mouth!!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #53 on: January 25, 2013, 06:01 PM »

Very good lol
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #54 on: January 25, 2013, 06:02 PM »

50 shades of Robbie...  Whistle
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #55 on: January 25, 2013, 06:06 PM »

Ah - so now we cut to the chase - you're only in it for the money!!  Very Happy  Just kidding - so hope you win your bet.

But of course lol. No, seriously, the bet is for fun, the pleasure will be watching Andy win. If he does it he might well make me cry again!

It's just hit me you know. Andy's THIRD major final in a row! I knew, of course, but it's sunk in now. He's awesome!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #56 on: January 25, 2013, 06:13 PM »

But of course lol. No, seriously, the bet is for fun, the pleasure will be watching Andy win. If he does it he might well make me cry again!

It's just hit me you know. Andy's THIRD major final in a row! I knew, of course, but it's sunk in now. He's awesome!
Yeah - it's very exciting.  I used to be worried he wouldn't give a good account of himself in these matches.  Now I know he will.  He still stumbles a wee bit here and there, and this is what worries me.  Djok rarely stumbles. If Andy is in the zone and brings his A game to the court, there is only one winner, as he will mess with Djok's head.  Any chink in the armour, and Djok will win.  At least, that's the way I see it.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #57 on: January 25, 2013, 06:14 PM »

KALLABUNGAAAAAA!!!!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #58 on: January 25, 2013, 06:39 PM »

Yeah - it's very exciting.  I used to be worried he wouldn't give a good account of himself in these matches.  Now I know he will.  He still stumbles a wee bit here and there, and this is what worries me.  Djok rarely stumbles. If Andy is in the zone and brings his A game to the court, there is only one winner, as he will mess with Djok's head.  Any chink in the armour, and Djok will win.  At least, that's the way I see it.

That's essentially the way I see it too. I think now Andy knows he really belongs up there with the others at the top he is thriving on it and it is bringing out the best in him. I think he looks good in every department now, his game, interviews, all of it. Being a major and Olympic gold winner fits him like a glove.

Andy can have lapses in concentration, sure, but I think the key is how quickly he recovers and gets back in to it. He did well today on that score. Also, he berates himself so much less, which makes life easier and surely uses less energy.

I don't know about Djokovic. He can have blips. I also think he has been guilty at times of over confidence during the tournament. That seemed to be the case against Wawrinka, certainly in the first set. Djokovic came across as someone who thought Wawrinka was going to give it to him, but that didn't happen. Djokovic will know Andy isn't going to be like that, but to my mind there is a possibility that Djokovic will think it is in the can. If that happens Andy needs to be ready to let him know otherwise, just as he did in New York.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #59 on: January 25, 2013, 06:40 PM »

like you tj I feel Andy has a look about him now. The look of a man who is there to win.  Could see it in his eyes and the way he held himself when they walked on court.  Of course it doesn't necessarily mean he will win on Sunday as Nole also has that look.  But as I think I've already said it might do Nole no favours to have 2 days off.  And Andy just looks so strong mentally and physically right now.  But I do hope he can sort out his 2nd serve by Sunday - I fear it's gone backwards for some inexplicable reason.  confused
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 143 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »