Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Djokovic in 3
Djokovic in 4
Djokovic in 5

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 143 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1]

(Read 23269 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #60 on: January 25, 2013, 06:44 PM »

like you tj I feel Andy has a look about him now. The look of a man who is there to win.  Could see it in his eyes and the way he held himself when they walked on court.  Of course it doesn't necessarily mean he will win on Sunday as Nole also has that look.  But as I think I've already said it might do Nole no favours to have 2 days off.  And Andy just looks so strong mentally and physically right now.  But I do hope he can sort out his 2nd serve by Sunday - I fear it's gone backwards for some inexplicable reason.  confused

That two days off could be key. It could help, it could hurt Djokovic's rhythm, it's hard to know which.

The second serve was a bit strange from Andy. Then again it seemed to be very good when he needed it most.

The thing I was impressed with today was Andy's first serve. He varied it well and his percentages were pretty high.

Also, is it me or has Andy served very few df's during the tournament? I don't remember very many.
[ Last edit by teejay1 January 25, 2013, 06:48 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #61 on: January 25, 2013, 06:46 PM »

I think you're right about dfs tj and he well out-aced smug today.  His first serve per cent today was excellent especially in 1st set.  Perhaps he's been focusing more on getting the 1st serve right and now needs to turn his attention to the 2nd one to back it up when it isn't
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #62 on: January 25, 2013, 06:55 PM »

I think you're right about dfs tj and he well out-aced smug today.  His first serve per cent today was excellent especially in 1st set.  Perhaps he's been focusing more on getting the 1st serve right and now needs to turn his attention to the 2nd one to back it up when it isn't
I don't think it's too important what we draw from today - Sunday is a different day, and we all know that there is no such thing as a typical Andy performance...
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #63 on: January 25, 2013, 07:14 PM »

search No H2H?  Here you go then Very Happy

* Murray vs Djokovic - 2013-1.JPG (143.82 KB, 604x1178 - viewed 59 times.)
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #64 on: January 25, 2013, 07:20 PM »

The one thing I thought was interesting about the first serve for Andy, not just today but through the tournament so far, is the way he has been taking a bit off it for the first couple of points or so of a game, more often than not, thereby ensuring it goes in more. It seems to have made such a difference.

I think the second serve will pick up again, but sure, if it was consistently good it would help, at least I would have thought. It seems to go off when Andy is nervous.

I think the shot that has taken everyone by surprise is Andy's forehand. So long considered a weakness, it's such a strength now.
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #65 on: January 25, 2013, 07:25 PM »

Hi peoples,

man this could be a tight one. Hope Andy uses his chances, I nearly sufered a heart attack today at the end of the fourth. I'm see Andy being aggressive, just hope he puts up his A service game, then he has a real good chance. Good luck, Andy!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #66 on: January 25, 2013, 07:25 PM »

The one thing I thought was interesting about the first serve for Andy, not just today but through the tournament so far, is the way he has been taking a bit off it for the first couple of points or so of a game, more often than not, thereby ensuring it goes in more. It seems to have made such a difference.

I think the second serve will pick up again, but sure, if it was consistently good it would help, at least I would have thought. It seems to go off when Andy is nervous.

I think the shot that has taken everyone by surprise is Andy's forehand. So long considered a weakness, it's such a strength now.
I think, for most tennis players - if they are wobbling, the serve is the first thing to go.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #67 on: January 25, 2013, 07:40 PM »

WAIT I DONT GET TO DO MY THREAD BUT BEV GETS TO DO H2H!!!!!!!!

WHAT IS LIFE?????
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #68 on: January 25, 2013, 07:45 PM »

WHAT IS LIFE?????
Are you 9 years old??
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #69 on: January 25, 2013, 07:45 PM »

WHAT IS LIFE?????

Bev nearly always does the H2H's.She's brilliant at them!Opening threads is different-no offense meant to you,but it really doesn't matter who does it,as long as it gets done.Doesn't always have to be by one person,as lots of people like doing it.

Anyway,Andy has no plans to stop playing tennis in the near future.Hopefully he'll be playing for the next 4-5 years at least.There'll be millions more matches,loads more threads to open,and I'm sure you'll get to open lots of those Smile
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #70 on: January 25, 2013, 08:29 PM »

btw that little shouting fit was a joke :p I'm fine with anyone opening threads as long as they give people a chance hehehe.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #71 on: January 25, 2013, 08:39 PM »

Reasons to be cheerful :

Djokovic starts as favourite as world no 1, but you hold that slot until someone knocks you off. Who is the guy most likely to do that ?  Andy Murray !!

Djokovic played a faultless semi-final, but every player hits a perfect match now and again, but seldom twice in a row !

Andy has no psychological baggage going into this ( courtesy of USO ). He takes the court as an equal to his opponent - the best man wins !

Andy's form seems to be improving with every match with more to come to reach his best.

Today's match was relatively short for a 5-setter - I can't see a physical advantage either way.

In the H2H, Djokovic won the first 4 meetings, so, going by the 13 most recent  matches, Andy leads 7-6 ! ( ok, I'm clutching at straws a bit there ! )

The bottom line is, I can't call it, I really can't.  I just know Andy has earned the right to believe he can win and sometimes, that's enough.

C'mon Andy !!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #72 on: January 25, 2013, 08:44 PM »

Reasons to be cheerful :

Djokovic starts as favourite as world no 1, but you hold that slot until someone knocks you off. Who is the guy most likely to do that ?  Andy Murray !!

Djokovic played a faultless semi-final, but every player hits a perfect match now and again, but seldom twice in a row !

Andy has no psychological baggage going into this ( courtesy of USO ). He takes the court as an equal to his opponent - the best man wins !

Andy's form seems to be improving with every match with more to come to reach his best.

Today's match was relatively short for a 5-setter - I can't see a physical advantage either way.

In the H2H, Djokovic won the first 4 meetings, so, going by the 13 most recent  matches, Andy leads 7-6 ! ( ok, I'm clutching at straws a bit there ! )

The bottom line is, I can't call it, I really can't.  I just know Andy has earned the right to believe he can win and sometimes, that's enough.

C'mon Andy !!
I have my 'la, la, la' not listening hair band on.  I'll watch and hope with every fibre.  So wish our boy the best of everything...
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #73 on: January 25, 2013, 08:54 PM »

I have my 'la, la, la' not listening hair band on.  I'll watch and hope with every fibre.  So wish our boy the best of everything...

Haha I know what you mean Elly !

Think about it this way : Imagine, for a moment, you're not a Murray fan. Instead, you're a gambler on a losing streak, and, in a desperate attempt to recoup your losses, you bet your house on a Djokovic victory. How confident would you feel right now ?
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #74 on: January 25, 2013, 08:58 PM »

This is going to be an easy 3-set win for Andy.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 143 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »