Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Andrey Kuznetsov, Saturday, Estimated time - 5:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Djokovic in 3
Djokovic in 4
Djokovic in 5

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 143 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1]

(Read 21772 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #75 on: January 25, 2013, 09:00 PM »

Haha I know what you mean Elly !

Think about it this way : Imagine, for a moment, you're not a Murray fan. Instead, you're a gambler on a losing streak, and, in a desperate attempt to recoup your losses, you bet your house on a Djokovic victory. How confident would you feel right now ?
I can't answer that. A) I'm not a gambler - B) I can't be or imagine what I'm not - and that is a Murray fan.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #76 on: January 25, 2013, 09:07 PM »

Degenerate gamblers like that deserve to lose and lose they would betting on Djokovic.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #77 on: January 25, 2013, 09:07 PM »

MuzzahFan is gonna be very angry with you, Aileen, for starting this thread lol
And he seems to think I don't know my own name, because he's shouting it at me.

Any more cheek and he's going to be sent to the MW Naughty Chair.  Eek

btw that little shouting fit was a joke :p I'm fine with anyone opening threads as long as they give people a chance hehehe.
I'm so relieved to hear that ... Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #78 on: January 25, 2013, 09:09 PM »

Degenerate gamblers like that deserve to lose and lose they would betting on Djokovic.
Eveyone has his or her own agenda, laundry.   That's the way life roils.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #79 on: January 25, 2013, 09:18 PM »

This is going to be an easy 3-set win for Andy.
You know I'm calling you on this the minute Djokovic wins a set.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #80 on: January 25, 2013, 09:23 PM »

This is what breaks my heart.  We should all wise up!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #81 on: January 25, 2013, 09:28 PM »

Is anyone going to die if Andy doesn't win?  Will it really make a difference in the grand scheme of things?  We are so selfish in our wants and needs.  Does it really matter to a child who doesn't have food who wins the Australian Open - I think not.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #82 on: January 25, 2013, 09:34 PM »

That two days off could be key. It could help, it could hurt Djokovic's rhythm, it's hard to know which.
That was part of my thinking too, also the easy semi against wee Daveed.  I just wish though that Andy had had a bit more tough opposition in his travels to get here.  Had he had, I really think he might just have finished Fed off in four, and it was interesting to hear John Lloyd say that the fact that he'd never played more than 3 sets against any opponent here could have been behind the 4th set lapses in concentration, i.e. his brain wasn't 'wired in' to more than that - but again Andy's little mental AWOLs are nothing new.  The difference between now and then though is his ability to pull himself back quickly.  The same goes for his not dwelling on careless shots or missed opportunities.

The second serve was a bit strange from Andy. Then again it seemed to be very good when he needed it most.

The thing I was impressed with today was Andy's first serve. He varied it well and his percentages were pretty high.

Also, is it me or has Andy served very few df's during the tournament? I don't remember very many.
I think you're right about dfs tj and he well out-aced smug today.  His first serve per cent today was excellent especially in 1st set.  Perhaps he's been focusing more on getting the 1st serve right and now needs to turn his attention to the 2nd one to back it up when it isn't.
I agree.  One thing at a time ... and the more 1st serves he gets in (preferably aces Whistle), then the less he'll have to worry about the 2nd one.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #83 on: January 25, 2013, 09:34 PM »

I'll call you up when he doesn't Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #84 on: January 25, 2013, 09:42 PM »

Is anyone going to die if Andy doesn't win?  Will it really make a difference in the grand scheme of things?  We are so selfish in our wants and needs.  Does it really matter to a child who doesn't have food who wins the Australian Open - I think not.
Well for once I think I can actually enjoy a Murray final because I'll no longer be sitting there wondering if this will this be his first Slam win, etc, etc.  To put things into perspective, Lendl won the FO in 1984 and didn't win another Slam until the USO the following year.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #85 on: January 25, 2013, 09:46 PM »

Well for once I think I can actually enjoy a Murray final because I'll no longer be sitting there wondering if this will this be his first Slam win, etc, etc.  To put things into perspective, Lendl won the FO in 1984 and didn't win another Slam until the USO the following year.
I want him to win also, Aileen, but there are far bigger things in life than this.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #86 on: January 25, 2013, 09:50 PM »

I thought that about today's match.

Wasn't the case, was still tense as hell and I expect Sunday will be no different!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #87 on: January 25, 2013, 09:57 PM »

And he seems to think I don't know my own name, because he's shouting it at me.

Any more cheek and he's going to be sent to the MW Naughty Chair.  Eek

I'm so relieved to hear that ... Rolling Eyes

I lie. Aileen you go to the naughty chair.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #88 on: January 25, 2013, 10:05 PM »

My heart says Andy, but my head says Djokovic. Thankfully I like both guys almost equally, so any loss either way won't be so painful.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #89 on: January 25, 2013, 10:10 PM »

As my old boss would say - dinnae get complicated.   Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 143 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »