Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Djokovic in 3
Djokovic in 4
Djokovic in 5

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 143 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1]

(Read 20862 times)
Tonedial
Challenger Level

WORTH THE WAIT

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #210 on: January 26, 2013, 11:47 AM »

^ She banged her head?? On the court?

IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #211 on: January 26, 2013, 12:34 PM »

I am not a betting woman but I picked Azarenka-Murray double before the tournament.  I told my dad to put £20 quid on it, but he wouldn't cos he loves Djoko - lol!!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #212 on: January 26, 2013, 12:53 PM »

After tomorrow we won't see our lad for another month or two. Next up is Indian Wells for him.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #213 on: January 26, 2013, 12:55 PM »

I'm getting very excited - and a little nervous - about the final.

I think whichever of them brings his A game is going to dominate his opponent.  Let's hope and pray that it's Andy.  There's plenty of reasons to hope so; the extra reliability of his first serve, the much improved second serve, that awesome forehand (where did that come from?.)  Then there's the Lendl effect which seems to have improved his concentration and his ability to put mistakes and poor decisions behind him.  

And, on top of all this, let's not forget that Andy was a world class tennis player BEFORE all these recent improvements.  Now, he has the potential to be the world number one in a field crowded with magnificent talent.

Of course, if both players bring their A game, we are in for an absolute tennis treat.  I think we now have a rivalry between these two to rival the Connors - McEnroe era (without the intense dislike that the older pair felt for each other.)  And what an era that was!

It's game on! C'mon Andy!  I think he's going to do it, I really do.
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #214 on: January 26, 2013, 01:17 PM »

It's notable that Murray's the one hampered by a day less recovery - a reversal of the US Open. I suspect that this will be one of the deciding factors tomorrow, with Djokovic emerging victorious after Murray runs out of steam.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #215 on: January 26, 2013, 01:27 PM »

I can't remember the last time I saw Andy actually run out of steam.
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #216 on: January 26, 2013, 01:50 PM »

I can't remember the last time I saw Andy actually run out of steam.

Third set in Shanghai, oddly enough.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #217 on: January 26, 2013, 01:52 PM »

It's notable that Murray's the one hampered by a day less recovery - a reversal of the US Open. I suspect that this will be one of the deciding factors tomorrow, with Djokovic emerging victorious after Murray runs out of steam.
I'm not worried about the physicality of the match. Andy's fitness is ridiculous.
The only concern I have is how he will be emotionally. That was one hell of a match yesterday and a significant Slam notch on his belt which I'm sure was another great relief for him.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #218 on: January 26, 2013, 01:52 PM »

Yes, but it may not affect him because its not like he has broken a sweat before yesterday. 5 easy victories.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #219 on: January 26, 2013, 02:17 PM »

Bring it on

* .facebook_820407130.jpg (63.47 KB, 960x458 - viewed 21 times.)
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #220 on: January 26, 2013, 02:19 PM »

Nah, didn't look fatigued to me there. Both were playing really well at the end of the 2nd and Murray should have won - looks like he lost focus more after not taking that set.
[ Last edit by laundry January 26, 2013, 03:11 PM ] IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #221 on: January 26, 2013, 02:21 PM »

After tomorrow we won't see our lad for another month or two. Next up is Indian Wells for him.

One month????? Frown
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #222 on: January 26, 2013, 02:25 PM »

Greg R still tipping Andy to win I see.  They had Ross Hutchins on in the Eurosport studio today and he'll be back tomorrow. He comes across so well (much better than Jamie I have to say).  Also showed an interview that Croft had with Ivan in which she said when she'd interviewed Andy and has asked him what he was most proud of he said picking Ivan as his coach.  It was a good interview with Ivan though as usual he managed to sidestep various questions with great aplomb.  But you can just feel the calm and confidence exuding from him.   He said it was a brave decision for Andy because he, Lendl, would bring more attention on him.  But actually I think it was brave because he knew Lendl would push him to do the things he's been resisting for so long.  Part of him knew he had to change and he was intelligent enough to realise that Lendl was the one to help him do that.   clap  clap for Andy and Ivan

Oh and Wade said to Ross that he was a great motivating factor for Andy at present and he looked pleased I thought. Seems like he and Andy talk most days and he said Andy was very relaxed today - just a short practice + all the recovery stuff he needs to do.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #223 on: January 26, 2013, 02:28 PM »

One month????? Frown
slightly more than a month in fact as IW starts 7th March - I just checked earlier for this very reason. It's possible Andy might play a local tournament they had said - delmore beach or something?  Don't know if will be televised here though even if he does.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #224 on: January 26, 2013, 02:31 PM »

slightly more than a month in fact as IW starts 7th March - I just checked earlier for this very reason. It's possible Andy might play a local tournament they had said - delmore beach or something?  Don't know if will be televised here though even if he does.

Nightmare will be a long 5 weeks without Andy Frown
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 143 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »