Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Djokovic in 3
Djokovic in 4
Djokovic in 5

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 143 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1]

(Read 22720 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #255 on: January 26, 2013, 06:34 PM »

Anyone else feeling the nerves already?I was ok earlier,but I'm so tense now!Can't settle to anything!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #256 on: January 26, 2013, 06:41 PM »

Me to feel so nervous I could not eat my dinner. I'm overweight anyway so it will not be missed.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #257 on: January 26, 2013, 06:42 PM »

Well,at least it's not just me!Nice to know I'm not alone in my nervousness hug
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #258 on: January 26, 2013, 06:45 PM »

Anyone else feeling the nerves already?I was ok earlier,but I'm so tense now!Can't settle to anything!

I'm a bit edgy, but not too bad. It will be later that the nerves will start, maybe even in the morning.

Amazing to think this is Andy's third major final in as many majors, his third in Australia altogether. Third time lucky I think!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #259 on: January 26, 2013, 06:51 PM »

My worry is that Andy might not be mentally ready for this match; My hope is that Lendl will keep the hunger alive for one more match now that we are here. So let's see.

I still don't feel mentally ready for this match. I took it all in yesterday so wasn't thinking about this match at all but now I feel I need to focus and get ready for this match.

Anyway, let's send Andy a lot of good and positive vibes. He'll need it since Nole won't be afraid of his serves coming back to him and also, he'll go after Andy's serve. It will come down to whoever wins the majority of the rallies or the most important ones anyway, so Andy will have to be mindful of his mistakes. I am expecting Andy to have another big serving day, but for that to happen, Andy will have to be incredibly focused and feel highly confident. I hope he doesn't play into the hands of the crowd. This doesn't need to be an epic match. This should be about just winning it and convincingly so.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #260 on: January 26, 2013, 06:58 PM »

A key factor for Andy is a lot of free points. Indeed, he is sublime in the big points, but he is against someone who is as good if not better at long rallies than he is. He served 21 aces against Federer. If he can serve that again and more powerful serves that can hurt Djokovic I feel Murray will then be able to close it out.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #261 on: January 26, 2013, 07:04 PM »

Reading all the pundits previews and predictions....basically it seems 80% of them are predicting a Djoko win...murray defo the underdog going into it. Im fine with that and id bet Andy is fine with that.

Surprising how many are swayed by that SF performance by Djoko. Ferrer was absolutely rank awful in that match....and I like Ferrer...but he really has no clue how to play Novak and yet again played that way.

Im in agreement with many on here Mats Willander is a complete tool. Yet gain ive read some bitter sound comments from him pre match. Expert Mats predictably said Djoko will win of course.

I reckon Andy really wants to prove that beating Novak in US open was no fluke ....he can defo win this...wouldnt bet either way though....not much between them.
[ Last edit by ABF January 26, 2013, 07:07 PM ] IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #262 on: January 26, 2013, 07:08 PM »

I'm feeling ok about this match so far. Definitely the calmest I've ever felt before Andy's been in a slam final. It feels a bit surreal really, like I can't quite believe he is in the final (even though I watched the SF live!)

It makes a big difference that he's now won a slam so there's not that added fear of Andy losing in another final and failing to win his first major. Hopefully he feels less pressure now too and will be able to play his best tennis when he needs to.

Andy's got to take a lot of confidence from their Olympic and USO matches, and also the fact that he came so close against Novak here last year. But Novak's shown so often in the past couple of years what a fighter he is, and I expect the same to be true tomorrow. It won't be easy but Andy's shown before that he can do it. Smile
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #263 on: January 26, 2013, 07:12 PM »

You have to remember also that Andy the last 3 times they have played has come within a game or points of winning. This won't be a repeat of the 2011 final I can assure you.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #264 on: January 26, 2013, 07:14 PM »

but alot of the pundits seem to be emphasising that Andy had a tough SF with less time to rest ie they are emphasising the situation rather than the relative strengths of the two players [though agree they were impressed by Ferrer match]. 
Can't imagine why you think Andy won't be hungry for this EJ?  After all that work in the off-season and after 4 hours against the smug one?  This is what he lives for. 
Have been manically busy today trying to keep my mind off it, apart from occasional forays onto MW.  Will take some Kalms before I go to bed in hope they might help me sleep. Not feeling TOO nervous yet but it's beginning to creep up on me I think.  Hopeless cases aren't we  doh
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #265 on: January 26, 2013, 07:16 PM »

TJ: Andy rarely celebrates much after beating smugfed.  He may not like him but he has great respect for his GOAT status and I always get the feeling that he would think it somehow indecent to go over board having beaten him.  But also I'm sure it was as he said he wanted to conserve all his energy as job not yet done.

I agree Ruthie.    I also think that Ross is never far from his mind these days and what his friend is going through puts tennis matches into perspective.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #266 on: January 26, 2013, 07:18 PM »

Great Champions do not reflect back right away when they still have the final work to be done. They do it later once all is said and done. Andy's becoming a great champion as well so I am getting the feeling that he's getting ready for it.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #267 on: January 26, 2013, 07:23 PM »

but alot of the pundits seem to be emphasising that Andy had a tough SF with less time to rest ie they are emphasising the situation rather than the relative strengths of the two players [though agree they were impressed by Ferrer match]. 
Can't imagine why you think Andy won't be hungry for this EJ?  After all that work in the off-season and after 4 hours against the smug one?  This is what he lives for. 
Have been manically busy today trying to keep my mind off it, apart from occasional forays onto MW.  Will take some Kalms before I go to bed in hope they might help me sleep. Not feeling TOO nervous yet but it's beginning to creep up on me I think.  Hopeless cases aren't we  doh

Just a feeling that Andy might be affected by the win since Federer had denied Andy 3 Slams before so there's this danger of Andy getting slightly carried away after this big win. It feels reasonable. Lendl is there so I am sure he'll make note if Andy is still totally mentally focused or not. I am just taking every possibility and danger into account that's all. 
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #268 on: January 26, 2013, 07:28 PM »

OMG it's starting so soon, will be on when I wake up. Get your fighting gloves ready Andy and come out swinging.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #269 on: January 26, 2013, 07:30 PM »

.. I must admit since Andy's won his Slam I appreciate watching so much more because my nerves have abated substantially, and now I can really enjoy him rather than be terrified of yet another devastating Slam disappointment for him.
I said this a couple of days ago.
What was I thinking??!!
My nerves are so on edge, it's ridiculous.  nervous  nervous  nervous
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 143 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »