Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Djokovic in 3
Djokovic in 4
Djokovic in 5

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 143 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1]

(Read 21524 times)
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #315 on: January 26, 2013, 11:24 PM »

To me Rafa is the big question mark in terms of the competition at the top going forward. I can't figure out what'll happen when he comes back - will he dominate like in 2010 (after injury break in 2009) or will it take him a while to get back to speed? Maybe this belongs on a different thread. Feel free to delete / move if off topic.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #316 on: January 26, 2013, 11:30 PM »

I can't remember the last time I saw Andy actually run out of steam.

ATP world tour finals.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #317 on: January 26, 2013, 11:31 PM »

IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #318 on: January 26, 2013, 11:32 PM »

I really want to point out something I find ironic...

As we know 2011 was a big year for Djokovic. But, with Murray now I feel a trend emerging.

Sept 2010 onwards:

Novak Djokovic reaches the final of the US Open (In 2012 Murray won it)
He lost in the SF of the WTF to Federer (In 2012 Murray lost to Federer in the SF)
Novak Djokovic began 2011 with a win at the Australian Open vs Murray (repeat!), he also beat Fed in the SF (Murray did in 2013)
And the rest is history!

See what I mean. It's really strange...
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #319 on: January 26, 2013, 11:34 PM »

Greg R still tipping Andy to win I see.  They had Ross Hutchins on in the Eurosport studio today and he'll be back tomorrow. He comes across so well (much better than Jamie I have to say).  Also showed an interview that Croft had with Ivan in which she said when she'd interviewed Andy and has asked him what he was most proud of he said picking Ivan as his coach.  It was a good interview with Ivan though as usual he managed to sidestep various questions with great aplomb.  But you can just feel the calm and confidence exuding from him.   He said it was a brave decision for Andy because he, Lendl, would bring more attention on him.  But actually I think it was brave because he knew Lendl would push him to do the things he's been resisting for so long.  Part of him knew he had to change and he was intelligent enough to realise that Lendl was the one to help him do that.   clap  clap for Andy and Ivan

Oh and Wade said to Ross that he was a great motivating factor for Andy at present and he looked pleased I thought. Seems like he and Andy talk most days and he said Andy was very relaxed today - just a short practice + all the recovery stuff he needs to do.

Funny thing about Jamie was they cut to him when Greg was talking and he looked so bored.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #320 on: January 26, 2013, 11:36 PM »

9 hours to go........ OMMMMMMGGGGGG! I've never been so excited for a Slam final!!!!!!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #321 on: January 26, 2013, 11:45 PM »

So it looks like I still stand alone picking Andy in 3 then. I love being the only one that's right Smile
You're setting yourself up for a bit of a fall with all these overly confident comments, although I'd be somewhat happy if you were right. Wink
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #322 on: January 26, 2013, 11:50 PM »

I am containing the nerves (sort of) by telling myself he will be to tired to win just want him to give a good acct of himself. That's not to say I won't be over the moon if I'm wrong.  Going to bed now see you in the morning.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #323 on: January 27, 2013, 12:05 AM »

Another poster from Nial Smith:

Very funny poster.

This will be a great match, but I desperately want Andy to win.
One bookie is giving 3:1 that Novak will win in 3 sets. Many are expecting him rather that Andy to win, so it will be very sweet if Andy does manage to win. 

Do your best Andy, we can ask no more. Smile

cmonandy
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #324 on: January 27, 2013, 12:30 AM »

Tis the calm before the storm. Alarm(s) set - not that i'm gong to need them! Night all   zz, see you in the morning/ Oz evening! cmonandy
[ Last edit by wimbledonwestie January 27, 2013, 12:33 AM ] IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #325 on: January 27, 2013, 12:34 AM »

My head is telling me that it doesn't really matter if Andy wins tomorrow, so long as he puts on a decent display.  He's slain one beast this tournament, and will narrow the gap points-wise, but I'm not sure my head has quite managed to convince my heart, or the rest of me that is getting both excited and anxious for tomorrow.

I'm optimistically predicting Andy can do it in four, but along with almost everyone else who has commented, I can see this going either way.  Andy did have the tougher semi, with less time to recover, but it was four hours, not five, and that is a huge difference IMO, especially as he was well rested going into that match.  Djokovic beat Ferrer to easily, that not only does his form look impressive, but he'll be fresh, but perhaps it was a little bit too easy?

Djokovic is the favourite, so there should be less pressure, but this is very doable for Andy, and it would be so good for him to get a second slam title so soon after the first.  I feel as if he's owed a few and it playing catch-up, so he may as well get cracking! Very Happy cmon yeah yay nervous
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #326 on: January 27, 2013, 12:51 AM »

My head is telling me that it doesn't really matter if Andy wins tomorrow, so long as he puts on a decent display.  He's slain one beast this tournament, and will narrow the gap points-wise, but I'm not sure my head has quite managed to convince my heart, or the rest of me that is getting both excited and anxious for tomorrow.

I'm optimistically predicting Andy can do it in four, but along with almost everyone else who has commented, I can see this going either way.  Andy did have the tougher semi, with less time to recover, but it was four hours, not five, and that is a huge difference IMO, especially as he was well rested going into that match.  Djokovic beat Ferrer to easily, that not only does his form look impressive, but he'll be fresh, but perhaps it was a little bit too easy?

Djokovic is the favourite, so there should be less pressure, but this is very doable for Andy, and it would be so good for him to get a second slam title so soon after the first.  I feel as if he's owed a few and it playing catch-up, so he may as well get cracking! Very Happy cmon yeah yay nervous

Yea it was easy as it comes for Djokovic. Ferrer played awful. Disgrace to the game that guy is.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #327 on: January 27, 2013, 01:20 AM »

Yea it was easy as it comes for Djokovic. Ferrer played awful. Disgrace to the game that guy is.

Ferrer is not a disgrace to the game he is a great player and a lovely guy. He was below par and got a spanking from Novak--but hey who hasn't ?

I dont think the easy SF has a great bearing on anything Novak has still spent more time on court than Andy. Andy has had a days rest and although the Fed match was draining  it was played at night and it wasn't the most physical match he's ever played. I' think andy will be fighting fit today!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #328 on: January 27, 2013, 01:49 AM »

I was hoping to record and watch in the morning.

Ain't gonna happen. Have to watch this live.

So I'm off to bed (8:45pm) and will talk to you all at 03:00am my time.  zz

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #329 on: January 27, 2013, 02:10 AM »

I truly don't know how you can say that about Ferrer.  So I didn't see the match, but every player has a right to have the occasional off day, if that's what the problem was (remember though that he had a tough 5-setter against Almagro in the QF), although Ferrer's record against Djoko on hard courts isn't good anyway.

Also you don't get to No.5 through being a disgrace to the game.  Ferrer is one hell of a dogged player and, at the age of 30, has just come off the most successful year of his career - one in which he won 7 ATP titles plus his first Masters, and had the added distinction of winning more matches than any other player.  That's disgraceful?? Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 143 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »