Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Djokovic in 3
Djokovic in 4
Djokovic in 5

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 143 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1]

(Read 25036 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #330 on: January 27, 2013, 02:40 AM »

Probably been mentioned already but where is Judy? Haven't seen a single shot of her all tournament.

Definitely was there and she was watching Heather Watson as that's where I saw her. I could have sworn that she was watchin Andy vs Simon or Chardy but I could b wrong.
[ Last edit by Bevc January 27, 2013, 05:46 AM ] IP Logged
bes03_philippines
Satellite Level

game, set, match!

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #331 on: January 27, 2013, 03:00 AM »

I was watching the final set of Andy and Novak in Flushing Meadows last year in youtube in the hope that I can calm myself down for the mammoth match that is to take place later. But instead of calming down I ended up getting more jittery. Goodness, I feel like I'm about to implode any moment.

IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #332 on: January 27, 2013, 03:03 AM »

Definafely was there and she was watching Heather Watson as that's where I saw her. I could have sworn that she was watchin Andy vs Simon or Chardy but I could b wrong.

She was at the Murray v Fed match.

IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #333 on: January 27, 2013, 03:09 AM »

Just saw this on twitter..

@adidastennis We hear you @russellcrowe: "Shout out to @andy_murray, Australia wants your name on that trophy son, give it your best" #AusOpen

A message from one gladiator to another. He's a big fan of Andy.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #334 on: January 27, 2013, 03:13 AM »

She was at the Murray v Fed match.

goodjob I think the shots we got of the players box were always from the side and mostly of Kim or Ivan.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #335 on: January 27, 2013, 03:16 AM »

I have had a relaxing day at the beach. shades I think some of you need to invest in some Rescue Remedy lol
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #336 on: January 27, 2013, 03:18 AM »

goodjob I think the shots we got of the players box were always from the side and mostly of Kim or Ivan.

Yep, it was mostly Kim and Lendl. I didn't see Judy once. I only knew she was there after I saw photos on the Kim thread.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #337 on: January 27, 2013, 03:32 AM »

I heard a commentator say the Ferrer played his age and looked tired playing Nole, everyone has an off day and that may have been his.  We've always seen him as the eveready bunny running back and forth.

I rewatched Andy's match a couple times and this was definitely a different Andy.  This Andy was determined and seemed more confident than in the past.  Yes he made a couple errors at bad times, but he bounced right back into the match hitting winners.  I hope this is the Andy that shows up tomorrow, I desperately want him to win, but it is an honor and great achievement to beat Federer (yeahhhhh) and get to the finals.

So Andy, my wish for you is that you come to the court full of enthusiasm and eager to play great tennis and that you let your racquet do the talking as you did yesterday. Good Luck Andy, and may the force be with you!!  Bagpipes cmonandy
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #338 on: January 27, 2013, 03:37 AM »

I just want to say that perhaps it's silly to always send Andy a message before his matches, but it's like a superstition, like if I didn't and he lost, it would be my fault.  Now I know that that's silly too as I do not have that power but it is still something I feel I need to do.

I am nervous and know I need to go to bed so I can get up at 2:00 A.M., I know I'm not a Brit like most of you so I feel a lot like I am on the outside looking in, but I am glad I found this place, and I enjoy always reading your posts.
IP Logged
tomthoms
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #339 on: January 27, 2013, 05:52 AM »

Tick, tock, tick, tock  pray
IP Logged
tomthoms
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #340 on: January 27, 2013, 05:58 AM »

Hey Apollo
this/here is not about Brits or Britain. It's about Andy Murray and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind -- particularly during a match on a match's live thread -- that you are in the middle of that car, gliding up and swooping down, as much as all the Brits and others are. More than once I've relied on your comments to keep me in touch with the current score.  thumb up
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #341 on: January 27, 2013, 06:24 AM »

Tick, tock, tick, tock  pray

I'm off to kill a few hours with a bottle of wine and catch up on gossip with one of my friends.

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #342 on: January 27, 2013, 07:21 AM »

I've noticed that Ferrer sometimes crumbles against the top 2 - I saw it against smugfed at 02 one year.  But he certainly is no disgrace to the sport - an incredible fighter who has probably done more with his talents (which are nowhere near those of the other top players) than any other player.
Been listening to 5 Live.  John Inverdale asked Andy a lovely question: '12 GS SFs, 6Fs, do you have any idea of how much pleasure you are bringing to the tennis public back home?'  Andy replied with reference to feeling he let himself and the public down when he's not performed well in the big occasions.
An Ossie commentator said she thought there was more evidence of support for Andy than Nole around the grounds right now and lots of people queuing to get their faces painted with the saltire.
Andy spotted chatting to Agassi not long ago - hope Andre gave him a good pep talk.  He's very positive about Andy even though he's tipping Nole to win partly because to beat both Fed and Nole is asking alot but everyone is emphasising how close it is. Indeed the NY Times guy refused to call it.  He also said that globally he thought this is the golden era in tennis even if not from a US perspective.   I feel so proud of Andy.
Now PREPARE, ATTACK, DESTROY  cmon yeah cmon yeah cmon yeah

Ooh they are going to interview Andy's boys in about 15 mins they've just said

[ Last edit by Ruthie January 27, 2013, 07:26 AM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #343 on: January 27, 2013, 07:32 AM »

I've noticed that Ferrer sometimes crumbles against the top 2 - I saw it against smugfed at 02 one year.  But he certainly is no disgrace to the sport - an incredible fighter who has probably done more with his talents (which are nowhere near those of the other top players) than any other player.
Been listening to 5 Live.  John Inverdale asked Andy a lovely question: '12 GS SFs, 6Fs, do you have any idea of how much pleasure you are bringing to the tennis public back home?'  Andy replied with reference to feeling he let himself and the public down when he's not performed well in the big occasions.
An Ossie commentator said she thought there was more evidence of support for Andy than Nole around the grounds right now and lots of people queuing to get their faces painted with the saltire.
Andy spotted chatting to Agassi not long ago - hope Andre gave him a good pep talk.  He's very positive about Andy even though he's tipping Nole to win partly because to beat both Fed and Nole is asking alot but everyone is emphasising how close it is. Indeed the NY Times guy refused to call it.  He also said that globally he thought this is the golden era in tennis even if not from a US perspective.   I feel so proud of Andy.

I saw him answer that question too Ruthie and wasn't at all surprised by the answer. The guy is such a sweetie! No matter what happens today, we'll know he'll be doing his best and it won't be just for himself. He'll be doing it for his family and his team and all the folks in Dunblane and for us his fans too!
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #344 on: January 27, 2013, 07:37 AM »

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH...
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 143 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »