Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Djokovic in 3
Djokovic in 4
Djokovic in 5

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 ... 143 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1]

(Read 24650 times)
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1965 on: January 27, 2013, 04:16 PM »

I totally agree with everything you say TJ.  He seemed upbeat at the award ceremony in spite of having difficulty walking and standing.  Unfortunately injuries happen whoever you are.  Djokovic will have a dip just like he did last year from the French to the WTF.  He will know that it would have been much harder if Andy had not been injured.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1966 on: January 27, 2013, 04:38 PM »

This years  AO  has been so poor.  Only matches that were good  were Stan v Djokovic  and to an extent Fed- Murray

1 title   1 slam.  Nice start to 2013 for Murray

and btw  I don't think Djokovic played that amazingly well.          Murray just played  awful after the first set.
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 January 27, 2013, 05:04 PM ] IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1967 on: January 27, 2013, 05:10 PM »

This years  AO  has been so poor.  Only matches that were good  were Stan v Djokovic  and to an extent Fed- Murray

1 title   1 slam.  Nice start to 2013 for Murray

and btw  I don't think Djokovic played that amazingly well.          Murray just played  awful after the first set.

What the hell is wrong with you????
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1968 on: January 27, 2013, 05:11 PM »

Too much booze.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1969 on: January 27, 2013, 05:11 PM »

Hi All,

I've not had time to read the whole thread, but from what I have read it's nice to see some perspective after a loss for Andy.

I have to give respect to Djokovic for the win. I don't like it, but there is no doubt he lifted his game when he needed to, although I can't be on my own in thinking that it took him to be sure Andy was well and truly down before he did it. I did feel that Djokovic was playing possum a bit early on too, but there we are. He's always done it to a point, it's just that he doesn't do it anywhere near as much now.

I was surprised at how relatively calm Djokovic's celebrations were. Sure, he was delighted to win, and I have no problem at all with that, but I am pleased there was no shirt ripping stuff. I think Djokovic and Andy have a genuine respect for each other, which is good for the game as a whole.

Andy did so well in his speech during the presentation ceremony. I thought they both did. Andy only seemed to get a tiny bit choked when he spoke about the team. It's understandable. I just hope he doesn't feel he has let anyone down, because he hasn't at all.

As for the match, I must admit, after the first, and in to the second set, I thought Andy had really got the bit between his teeth. He looked really up for it. Then there was the thing with the feather - the double fault felt inevitable to me - and slowly things began to change. I didn't think the blister, although it looked awful, hampered Andy half as much as the hamstring injury. After that Andy didn't seem to be moving quite as well, which is understandable. I also think it was distracting him a bit. The thing is, Djokovic then lifted his game to ridiculous levels and that was that.

I was quite glad Andy had a go at the umpire. I was having a yell myself! How you can allow a crowd to call out between serves during one service game, but then call the crowd on it during the opponents service game, is beyond me. I'm in no way suggesting the umpire was biased, but I do think he acted at the wrong time and in the wrong way. All that 'please' nonsense was maddening. Sometimes I wish umpires would just tell crowds to shut the bloody hell up between first and second serve etc, but of course they won't.

I'm sure Andy will be disappointed he lost today, but I hope he won't get downhearted about it. It seems quite clear now that there has been a changing of the guard at the top of the game, and Djokovic and Andy are now in the top two positions. We know it, now people within the game know it too. It's just a matter of time now before Andy overhauls Federer in the rankings, and what a glorious moment that will be. Then he can focus on how you solve a problem like Novak. I know Andy has his work cut out whilst Novak is playing like that, but nothing is insurmountable. Djokovic can't play like that forever, he just can't.

It's important now how Andy moves forward. If he gets down on himself now it will be bad. He needs to focus on what he did right during the tournament and in the final. I still believe beating Federer like that was huge for Andy in the semi's. It was a huge step. I'm sure both Andy and Lendl will think about the final, what could have been done differently, what Andy did well and where they go from here. It seems clear to me that Andy is on the up, with Djokovic, but it's a marathon, not a sprint, to get the edge on him.

I thought Andy had confirmed Delray Beach? Then Andy can focus on Indian Wells. I have a feeling Andy is going to go well there. I hope so.

I think the clay season could be interesting this year. If Nadal was around and fit it would be tough to see beyond him, but I wonder if Andy could get a clay title. I don't mean the French. Without Nadal I think Djokovic will start there as favourite, but maybe Rome, where he seems to have done quite well, or Monte Carlo. One would be nice. However, when it comes to the grass I think Andy will be in his element. I still fancy him for Wimbledon, because I believe his game, let alone his movement, is better than Djokovic's on the grass.

Good post TJ! No doubt about that Smile
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1970 on: January 27, 2013, 05:12 PM »

Too much booze.

Did you see his next post too?? Sometimes I seriously wonder the effects of booze w00t
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1971 on: January 27, 2013, 05:13 PM »

Did you see his next post too?? Sometimes I seriously wonder the effects of booze w00t

Indeed. The alternative is he is really bitter about the loss and raging, if that is the case he needs restraining with the power of Aileen. She hit me into shape a few days ago.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1972 on: January 27, 2013, 05:16 PM »

Indeed. The alternative is he is really bitter about the loss and raging, if that is the case he needs restraining with the power of Aileen. She hit me into shape a few days ago.

Aileen is a really nice lady and I really respect her Smile
I guess John just needs a bit of time..
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1973 on: January 27, 2013, 05:17 PM »

Aileen is a really nice lady and I really respect her Smile
I guess John just needs a bit of time..

I respect Aileen. She is my Aunt Agony at the moment.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1974 on: January 27, 2013, 05:17 PM »

I am just giving my opinion.  It just wasn't Andy's day after he had treatment on his blisters.        Djokovic took advantage of this.  Murray was just waiting for Djokovic to make the mistakes.  (the majority of the time which is understandable )  due to the injury

I just wasn't that impressed with the tennis at this years AO,  quite boring imo
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 January 27, 2013, 06:37 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1975 on: January 27, 2013, 05:17 PM »

Fanks Aileen for all u hav done fur us young uns here on MurraysWorld.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1976 on: January 27, 2013, 05:18 PM »

I think we should cut wee Johnny some slack. Some time ago, he bared his heart to us to say has ADHD. hug

He's a passionate Andy fan. Smile
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1977 on: January 27, 2013, 05:18 PM »

I am just giving my opinion.  It just wasn't Andy's day after he had treatment on his blisters.        Djokovic took advantage of this.  Murray was just waiting for Djokovic to make to make the mistakes.  (the majority of the time which is understandable )  due to the injury

I just wasn't that impressed with the tennis at this years AO,  quite boring imo

Ok, that explains it...
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1978 on: January 27, 2013, 05:19 PM »

I think we should cut wee Johnny some slack. Some time ago, he bared his heart to us to say has ADHD. hug

I saw some of his posts about Andy before today, very positive upbeat posts indeed.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1979 on: January 27, 2013, 05:19 PM »

Yup, I knew that Smile
But that was the exact reason why I was surprised with the bitterness in his post..
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 ... 143 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »