Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Djokovic in 3
Djokovic in 4
Djokovic in 5

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 ... 143 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1]

(Read 22187 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1980 on: January 27, 2013, 05:20 PM »

Yup, I knew that Smile
But that was the exact reason why I was surprised with the bitterness in his post..

The highlighted word was stolen from me.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1981 on: January 27, 2013, 05:21 PM »

I think we should cut wee Johnny some slack. Some time ago, he bared his heart to us to say has ADHD. hug

He's a passionate Andy fan. Smile

LOL  I AM.     the only match I really enjoyed was Fed - Murray   that was great  Very Happy   might go watch it right now.   
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1982 on: January 27, 2013, 05:22 PM »

It's easy to join MW and get carried away with some posters comments, but if you take the time to check historically it's easier to separate the wheat from the chaff. Smile
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1983 on: January 27, 2013, 05:23 PM »

LOL  I AM.     the only match I really enjoyed was Fed - Murray   that was great  Very Happy   might go watch it right now.   

Positive vibes John, I like it Very Happy. Yeah go watch Murray kick that Swiss plumb into shape.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1984 on: January 27, 2013, 05:23 PM »

It's easy to join MW and get carried away with some posters comments, but if you take the time to check historically it's easier to separate the wheat from the chaff. Smile

Wise Linda, what is chaff?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1985 on: January 27, 2013, 05:25 PM »

Wise Linda, what is chaff?
Chaff m'dear.. not chavv. Very Happy
Here's the def:

To separate things or people that are of high quality or ability from those that are not
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1986 on: January 27, 2013, 05:26 PM »

Smile     TBH  I thought to myself   this is garbage   MY god.  what  is he doing.    STUPID   BIRD   UGH   UGH   ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH. 
Then I opened my eyes and said to myself  CALM YOURSELF JOHN ITS A TENNIS MATCH. 

and anyway   if you told me that Andy would make 3 grand slam finals at the start of the clay season last year  I would have bitten your hand off. 

I'm off to do something other than ranting  Smile  Bye
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1987 on: January 27, 2013, 05:27 PM »

Chaff m'dear.. not chavv. Very Happy
Here's the def:

To separate things or people that are of high quality or ability from those that are not

I see, thank you Wise Linda. lol
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1988 on: January 27, 2013, 05:28 PM »

#myworkisdone.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1989 on: January 27, 2013, 05:28 PM »

#My work is done.

Your work is never done Wise Linda. #wise
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1990 on: January 27, 2013, 05:42 PM »

This years  AO  has been so poor.  Only matches that were good  were Stan v Djokovic  and to an extent Fed- Murray

I suppose that's a matter of opinion. I enjoyed all of Andy's matches. Watching him beat Federer in the semi's is a moment I will cherish. I also enjoyed the way he fought today.

I Also enjoyed Robson/Kvitova. Not the best in terms of quality, but a great result and an exciting match all the same.

Djokovic/Wawrinka was a thriller. I still think Djokovic played like a girl in the first set, and not a talented girl either.

I surprised myself by getting caught up in Tsonga/Federer.

Monfils/Simon wins the award for weirdest match of the tournament. Monfils has to be bonkers.

As for Andy, 1 title, a major final and a 10-1 win/loss record, plus equally ruddy Perry in terms of match wins in the majors and showing that he can play Federer in a major and win, plus demonstrating that he is now effectively 2 in the world. Not bad for the start of 2013.
IP Logged
ally
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1991 on: January 27, 2013, 05:49 PM »

Well i have just cheered myself up by booking flights to london in november for WTF Smile  anyone know when the tickets go on sale?

Who have you booked with Angie?  I have my hotel sorted out!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1992 on: January 27, 2013, 05:57 PM »

Well said TJ, after Djoko having such an easy match against Ferrer , and two days of he was always going to be the fresher , and Djoko did play well , once he had that second set there was no stopping him, Andy has now beaten all the top players in a slam , beating smug fed huge on Friday, he can hold his head high, another GS final, and he I believe will go on and win another one at least this year. So proud of you Andy.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1993 on: January 27, 2013, 05:58 PM »

I am just giving my opinion.  It just wasn't Andy's day after he had treatment on his blisters.        Djokovic took advantage of this.  Murray was just waiting for Djokovic to make to make the mistakes.  (the majority of the time which is understandable )  due to the injury

I just wasn't that impressed with the tennis at this years AO,  quite boring imo

I totally agree.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #1994 on: January 27, 2013, 06:00 PM »

I suppose that's a matter of opinion. I enjoyed all of Andy's matches. Watching him beat Federer in the semi's is a moment I will cherish. I also enjoyed the way he fought today.

I Also enjoyed Robson/Kvitova. Not the best in terms of quality, but a great result and an exciting match all the same.

Djokovic/Wawrinka was a thriller. I still think Djokovic played like a girl in the first set, and not a talented girl either.

I surprised myself by getting caught up in Tsonga/Federer.

Monfils/Simon wins the award for weirdest match of the tournament. Monfils has to be bonkers.

As for Andy, 1 title, a major final and a 10-1 win/loss record, plus equally ruddy Perry in terms of match wins in the majors and showing that he can play Federer in a major and win, plus demonstrating that he is now effectively 2 in the world. Not bad for the start of 2013.
. How you cheer me TJ , your Abousltley right,  clap
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 ... 143 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »