Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Djokovic in 3
Djokovic in 4
Djokovic in 5

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 ... 143 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1]  (Read 19552 times)
ally
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2010 on: January 27, 2013, 07:40 PM »

Let me know if you spot it first & vice versa, maybe we can meet for pre  match drink since we going down same day  cheers

Will certainly let you know if I spot it, and thanks for doing the same.  Pre or post match, though wed was a mad day, would be a great idea, to exchange Andy stories!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2011 on: January 27, 2013, 07:43 PM »

Yeah either or would suit us, I'm going down with my brother, he loves his tennis also.
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2012 on: January 27, 2013, 07:48 PM »

From the twitter of an Australian journo:

"All class by Andy Murray. First runner-up I've seen to make an appearance at the @ausopen staff party."
Thats good to hear, Danni..
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2013 on: January 27, 2013, 08:05 PM »

Teejay, I always enjoy your posts. Thanks for being the word of reason when I find myself not being reasonable.

Andy will get his foot or hamstring better and get his tennis even better than it is now and good luck to him during this 2013 season.

Thank you for that. Don't misunderstand me, I am disappointed, not for me, or any of us to be honest, but for Andy, but I still believe there are more reasons to be positive than negative.

I am in no doubt that Andy WILL be a multi-slam winner. Nothing about today changes my view on that. As far as I can see, anyone who does think that Andy somehow fluked the USO and that will he his lot, either doesn't know the sport or has no idea about Andy. I'm not saying it will be easy, I've never thought majors will now fall into his lap, but I still believe it will happen. Bring on Wimbledon if you ask me, because Andy is better on the grass than Novak.

All Andy needs to remember over the next few days (although I am sure he will be fine) is that he has done it once and can do it again. He needs to remember that he doesn't have to justify himself to anyone any more, he is a brilliant, brilliant tennis player who belongs at the top of the game right alongside Novak. Indeed, in a year or two I think Andy will be better than Novak, it's just a matter of stringing a few things together. Rome wasn't built in a day apparently, and neither are multi-slam winners.

IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2014 on: January 27, 2013, 08:06 PM »

Five Slams from nine attempts for Novak now, reaching the final of all but two of them.

How big is he going to become? I can definitely see him catching Sampras at this rate. With Rafa's injury problems, over the next few years Andy will be his only real challenger, and he beats him more often than he loses.
He may well be the new Federer: GOAT lol
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2015 on: January 27, 2013, 08:10 PM »

I am in no doubt that Andy WILL be a multi-slam winner. Nothing about today changes my view on that. As far as I can see, anyone who does think that Andy somehow fluked the USO and that will he his lot, either doesn't know the sport or has no idea about Andy. I'm not saying it will be easy, I've never thought majors will now fall into his lap, but I still believe it will happen. Bring on Wimbledon if you ask me, because Andy is better on the grass than Novak.

All Andy needs to remember over the next few days (although I am sure he will be fine) is that he has done it once and can do it again. He needs to remember that he doesn't have to justify himself to anyone any more, he is a brilliant, brilliant tennis player who belongs at the top of the game right alongside Novak. Indeed, in a year or two I think Andy will be better than Novak, it's just a matter of stringing a few things together. Rome wasn't built in a day apparently, and neither are multi-slam winners.

clap clap clap  Good posting! Good posting!  hug
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2016 on: January 27, 2013, 08:16 PM »

That was pretty gutting but there was no shame in it. Murray really dominated the first set and a half, much like the Wimbledon final. Had more than enough chances and really should have won the 2nd set. That 2nd game in the 2nd set was the turning point. 0-40 on Djokovic's serve and if he'd managed to break there and gone a set and a break up when Djokovic looked out of sorts it could have been very different. In the end after the 2 monster sets he just couldn't stay with Djokovic.

Still, feel quite positive about the future though. Think Djokovic and Murray will dominated the next few years and play most of the finals like Federer and Nadal did for years. So if they play loads of finals together you'd like to think Murray will win 1 or 2 of them.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2017 on: January 27, 2013, 08:22 PM »

He may well be the new Federer: GOAT lol
It's certainly a possibility if either he can start to dominate the tour (and he's so consistent that it's not impossible) and/or there is still no-one else challenging when he's in his 30's. He's 11 slams behind, and he's won 50% of the last eight slams. At that rate he could catch Federer by the time he's 30.

It's a big ask and obviously no-one knows what will happen with the future. But it's certainly possible.
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2018 on: January 27, 2013, 08:25 PM »

Good posting!
Thank you for that. Don't misunderstand me, I am disappointed, not for me, or any of us to be honest, but for Andy, but I still believe there are more reasons to be positive than negative.

. I agree with Danni , Good posting! TJ, what would we do without your wise words...  I think Djoko turning pro before Andy has given him a head start, Andy will catch up, he may not get as many as the other top guys, but we are all different , he is already the very best we have seen for 70 odd years.
IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2019 on: January 27, 2013, 09:09 PM »

This final was won by the best player currently... it was not lost by Andy who  is the second best player on current form, but there was little between them and they are both streets ahead of all the other players on the tour. Glad that on the way to the final he laid to rest the myth of Fed being better on the big stage. Talking of acronyms can anyonyone think of an inoffensive one for Past It GOAT?Well done Andy.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2020 on: January 27, 2013, 09:20 PM »

I think it's safe to say the vast majority of us on MW believe Andy will be a multi-slam winner.

He's just too damned good not to be.
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2021 on: January 27, 2013, 09:25 PM »

I think it's safe to say the vast majority of us on MW believe Andy will be a multi-slam winner.

He's just too damned good not to be.
Yes we do Scotandian no doubt about it , but if you read what's being written , some Junos  have already got the knives out saying Andys a  one slam winner , and should be winning more slams when he gets in finals !! Poor Lad they just never leave him alone, still they said e would never win one and he has !!!
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2022 on: January 27, 2013, 09:26 PM »

Oh yeah sexy hoe!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2023 on: January 27, 2013, 09:26 PM »

I predict 1 a year for Andy from now till he retires......so hopefully another 5 or 6 Smile
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2024 on: January 27, 2013, 09:31 PM »

I predict 1 a year for Andy from now till he retires......so hopefully another 5 or 6 Smile
yes I agree at least 1 a year. Djoko didn't win another slam for was it 3 years!!!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 134 [135] 136 137 138 ... 143 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »