Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Djokovic in 3
Djokovic in 4
Djokovic in 5

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 ... 143 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1]

(Read 23066 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2025 on: January 27, 2013, 09:36 PM »

Yes we do Scotandian no doubt about it , but if you read what's being written , some Junos  have already got the knives out saying Andys a  one slam winner , and should be winning more slams when he gets in finals !! Poor Lad they just never leave him alone, still they said e would never win one and he has !!!
Stop reading and believing in crap, Deb.

You know better, don't you?

I will remind you of what you wrote on the sticky when you sent those brilliant stamps to me:
"What a star our boy is!" hug
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2026 on: January 27, 2013, 09:37 PM »

This final was won by the best player currently... it was not lost by Andy who  is the second best player on current form, but there was little between them and they are both streets ahead of all the other players on the tour. Glad that on the way to the final he laid to rest the myth of Fed being better on the big stage. Talking of acronyms can anyonyone think of an inoffensive one for Past It GOAT?Well done Andy.
   Good Once Not Now ?
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2027 on: January 27, 2013, 09:44 PM »

Stop reading and believing in crap, Deb.

You know better, don't you?

I will remind you of what you wrote on the sticky when you sent those brilliant stamps to me:
"What a star our boy is!" hug
Bless you ,,  hug and of course a 'star is what he is' we have much to look forward to.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2028 on: January 27, 2013, 09:48 PM »

yeah ...except I really dont know how she, or anyone else for that matter, can justify bashing the most talented and successful tennis player britain can lay claim to for 70 or whatever years. 3 successive grand slam finals...winner of 1 in arguably the strongest era of mens tennis.... yeah Virginia clever very clever.... Not!
I'd be the last person to defend Virginia Creeper but the bit I saw of the Eurosport chat she was in fact very positive about Andy. Essentially said he'd been brilliant but that he hadn't paced himself well enough. 
Re some other posts I've noticed over the past year or so how certain people build Andy up as some kind of god so that if he wobbles slightly on the pedestal they've built for him they then attack him for having feet of clay and not meeting their great expectations.   He's an ordinary mortal.  No he didn't play his best today but he played pretty good for 2 sets and still showed flashes of brilliance right up till the very last game.  He has proved that he belongs right at the top of the game. 
Anyone (not on MW I hasten to add) who is now labelling him a one slam wonder just shows how ignorant they are given that noone has won a 2nd slam immediately after the 1st in the open era.  And to beat the top 2 ranked players in the world to have done so would have been quite a feat.  I wish Andy could have done it but I'm still proud of what he has achieved.  And he can continue to hold his head up high. 
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2029 on: January 27, 2013, 09:51 PM »

Any journalist writing that Andy will be a one slam wonder on the basis that he didn't win the very next slam played should be doing a different job.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2030 on: January 27, 2013, 09:56 PM »

I'd be the last person to defend Virginia Creeper but the bit I saw of the Eurosport chat she was in fact very positive about Andy. Essentially said he'd been brilliant but that he hadn't paced himself well enough. 
Re some other posts I've noticed over the past year or so how certain people build Andy up as some kind of god so that if he wobbles slightly on the pedestal they've built for him they then attack him for having feet of clay and not meeting their great expectations.   He's an ordinary mortal.  No he didn't play his best today but he played pretty good for 2 sets and still showed flashes of brilliance right up till the very last game.  He has proved that he belongs right at the top of the game. 
Anyone (not on MW I hasten to add) who is now labelling him a one slam wonder just shows how ignorant they are given that noone has won a 2nd slam immediately after the 1st in the open era.  And to beat the top 2 ranked players in the world to have done so would have been quite a feat.  I wish Andy could have done it but I'm still proud of what he has achieved.  And he can continue to hold his head up high. 
well said Ruthie.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2031 on: January 27, 2013, 09:58 PM »

Any journalist writing that Andy will be a one slam wonder on the basis that he didn't win the very next slam played should be doing a different job.
. clap clap yes lots of them should !!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2032 on: January 27, 2013, 10:22 PM »

Connors, McEnroe, Lendl, Edberg, Becker, Agassi (to name a few) all remembered and respected for the slams they won - and rightly so. They all lost plenty finals too!  No one is decrying them for it - again, rightly so. If you are going to put yourself in a position to win a slam, realistically there will be times when you come second. Andy can be proud of his achievements so far and look forward to adding to them. And we look forward to celebrating them all! Remember where we were this time last year? Where will we be this time next year? Exciting times - and tennis is right on the sporting map just now, fantastic!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2033 on: January 27, 2013, 11:02 PM »

Funny thing is, Lendl didn't win his next two slam finals after his first major, I wonder if the media know that fact? Nuggets.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2034 on: January 27, 2013, 11:05 PM »

Lendl made 19 finals. That's a lot. If Andy does the same, he's sure to win at least eight.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2035 on: January 28, 2013, 12:01 AM »

Lendl made 19 finals. That's a lot. If Andy does the same, he's sure to win at least eight.
What age was Lendl at this stage (6th final) in his career, out of interest?
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2036 on: January 28, 2013, 12:13 AM »

I just don't agree with the majority of journos , pundits, anti-murrays and the like. Its like they watched a different match to me. There was nothing seperating Andy and Novak for the majority of time spent on court. Everything changed after that medical time out from murray. Murray was then severly restricted in his ability to take off and stop. Novak knew he was struggling with the blisters and made Murray run to the corners much more than he had been doing and was able to do. Andy was clearly restricted in movement and his game suffered.His effectiveness dropped a level or 2 ....or 3 by the 4th set.

Sure Djoko played a fine game ..of course he did...but upped his level of play to standard Murray couldnt perform at??...********! Djoko just played like most would when they face an injured or physically struggling opponent. He played the ball into the corners and played a short ball to the net...didnt have to be great shots...just placed at those spots.

As for the Heckler....if you are reading this...and there is a chance you are considering some of the posts ive read.....you are a prize dick...and why you weren't ejected from the stadium is beyond me.

Murray is just as good as DJoko if not slightly the better player....thats my opinion ...and thats that Smile

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/tennis/novak-djokovic-beats-andy-murray-in-australian-open-final-1-2761924
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2037 on: January 28, 2013, 12:13 AM »

Lendl finally won in his fifth final at the French in 84 at the age of 24 yrs 3 months. His 6th final, from memory, was the US Open in 84, when he was 24 yrs 6 months. He was about a year ahead of Andy.

He lost his next slam final, too, against Wilander at the 85 French - so he was one from seven. It wasn't looking good. Then he went on a tear and won the US Open from 85-87 and the French in 86 and 87. It was that three-year period, really, that defined his career.

To do the same, Murray has to find an answer to Nole.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2038 on: January 28, 2013, 12:45 AM »

Lendl finally won in his fifth final at the French in 84 at the age of 24 yrs 3 months. His 6th final, from memory, was the US Open in 84, when he was 24 yrs 6 months. He was about a year ahead of Andy.

He lost his next slam final, too, against Wilander at the 85 French - so he was one from seven. It wasn't looking good. Then he went on a tear and won the US Open from 85-87 and the French in 86 and 87. It was that three-year period, really, that defined his career.

To do the same, Murray has to find an answer to Nole.

I think the answer to Nole is for Addidas to make Andy sneakers that dont give him blisters.... lol...that should do the trick
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2039 on: January 28, 2013, 02:36 AM »

I watch WWE (some people will call me sad), and  the commentator just referenced to Andy's loss Frown
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 ... 143 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »