Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please
Murray in 3
Murray in 4
Murray in 5
Djokovic in 3
Djokovic in 4
Djokovic in 5

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 ... 143 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1]

(Read 20464 times)
Simone

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2040 on: January 28, 2013, 05:26 AM »

I just wanted to say that I am Australian and was present live at Andy's quaterfinal. His movement was absolutely incredible, he blanketed the court. His intensity and focus was obvious for everyone to see. Even people who weren't Murray fans around me were commenting on his ability to cover the court and his presence on the court. (btw I made sure to cheer loudly and often - but there were heaps of Andy fans there. He really is well liked here)
Yes I realise the opposition was very different in the quarter final to the final last night but I felt the exact same way watching the semi final on TV at home. From the very beginning last night Andy seemed off to me. I actually think he may have been carrying another injury besides the blisters (possibly a back injury.....) right from the beginning as his movement and intensity seemed off to me straight away when compared to all of the other times I have seen him play. His normal retrieval skills weren't there really from the beginning in my opinion. He was also flat from semi too. I could also hear from his grunts in the 3rd and 4th sets that he was really feeling the pain of the blisters - they sounded like he was in alot of pain and really different to normal (YES it sad that I know that!) and he was completely unwilling to stop and change direction or push off with any force which rendered him pretty much incapaciated.

I was really really proud of the way he fought throughout the entire match and the lack of excuses he made to the press regarding his physical state throughout the match. He did himself proud and behaved like the champion he is. He is going to have an amazing few years ahead of him!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2041 on: January 28, 2013, 07:11 AM »

@ Simone.
Thanx so much for that, brought  of course.
Reinforced what most of us thought. I think Andy got stuffed by the scheduling TBH
Gr8 u were there cheering him on. Brilliant. clap
And a  hug from the UK too.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2042 on: January 28, 2013, 08:08 AM »

I am very proud of Andy.  He played very well until his injuries showed themselves.   If you look at the stats. there is so little difference.  To me it was obvious his serve went off when the hamstring problem became an issue.  He was unable to serve aces from there on.  As I have said elsewhere 'he will know why he lost and so will Nole'.  I am not saying that |Nole did not play well.  Of course, he did and did what any of them would do 'made Andy run'.  I thonk we should stop speculating on how many slams he will get and just enjoy his play.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2043 on: January 28, 2013, 09:34 AM »

I just don't agree with the majority of journos , pundits, anti-murrays and the like. Its like they watched a different match to me. There was nothing seperating Andy and Novak for the majority of time spent on court. Everything changed after that medical time out from murray. Murray was then severly restricted in his ability to take off and stop. Novak knew he was struggling with the blisters and made Murray run to the corners much more than he had been doing and was able to do. Andy was clearly restricted in movement and his game suffered.His effectiveness dropped a level or 2 ....or 3 by the 4th set.

Sure Djoko played a fine game ..of course he did...but upped his level of play to standard Murray couldnt perform at??...boll**ks! Djoko just played like most would when they face an injured or physically struggling opponent. He played the ball into the corners and played a short ball to the net...didnt have to be great shots...just placed at those spots.

As for the Heckler....if you are reading this...and there is a chance you are considering some of the posts ive read.....you are a prize dick...and why you weren't ejected from the stadium is beyond me.

Murray is just as good as DJoko if not slightly the better player....thats my opinion ...and thats that Smile

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/tennis/novak-djokovic-beats-andy-murray-in-australian-open-final-1-2761924
Glad you posted this ABF, as I came on here this morning to say exactly that! I thought I may be the only one.  I believe Andy would have beaten Djoko if not for the blisters! I also believe that Andy and his team knew that he didn't really stand a chance with his foot in that condition. Remember the look that Andy gave at his box when the trainer was tending him? That's the moment I thought....."This match is over!" He would have already been in discomfort before he walked out on court and it could only get worse, but he's not the kind of guy to let the people down! He's also not the kind of guy to admit that he may have lost because of the blisters and thereby cheapen Djoko's victory! You can strap up a dodgy ankle and give it support, but that doesn't work for blisters! All a dressing can do for them, is stop them sticking to your sock! It's like walking on raw burns! Sure Djoko played well, but when Andy got him rattled in the second set, he had the same look on his face that he had at the USO final when he realised that Andy could beat him. He must have felt such relief when he saw the state of Andy's foot on the big screen. Of course he took advantage of it which is fair enough. It's what Andy would have done! Andy didn't appear to me to be too disappointed at the end of the match......In fact, I thought he looked and sounded positively upbeat at the presentation. He must have been glad it was over, and also knowing he'll have other chances! The big positive that I've taken from this match and the semi, is that I now know that Andy is scared of no one! I think this year will be awesome and I for one will be watching every match he plays in if I can! I've read all the comments, so I know that not everyone will agree, but that's ok........it's just my opinion!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2044 on: January 28, 2013, 10:45 AM »

Apparently a hamstring was giving him problems as well. Explains inability to push down on some shots, movement and serve.
IP Logged
Simone

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2045 on: January 28, 2013, 10:53 AM »

No worries at all blueberryhill.
I find it great that my comments resonated with you as your comments along with Sparkle's often echo my experience and exactly what I am thinking/feeling. I really appreciate being able to come on here and read what you have to say, it often makes me feel much much better. So thank you!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2046 on: January 28, 2013, 11:10 AM »

Simone, BBH and Tamila..........I came across ABF's comment and replied to that and then forgot to go back and read the rest of the comments, which included all of your's. I've just done that now and agree with you all!
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2047 on: January 28, 2013, 11:55 AM »

Thank you for that. Don't misunderstand me, I am disappointed, not for me, or any of us to be honest, but for Andy, but I still believe there are more reasons to be positive than negative.

I am in no doubt that Andy WILL be a multi-slam winner. Nothing about today changes my view on that. As far as I can see, anyone who does think that Andy somehow fluked the USO and that will he his lot, either doesn't know the sport or has no idea about Andy. I'm not saying it will be easy, I've never thought majors will now fall into his lap, but I still believe it will happen. Bring on Wimbledon if you ask me, because Andy is better on the grass than Novak.

All Andy needs to remember over the next few days (although I am sure he will be fine) is that he has done it once and can do it again. He needs to remember that he doesn't have to justify himself to anyone any more, he is a brilliant, brilliant tennis player who belongs at the top of the game right alongside Novak. Indeed, in a year or two I think Andy will be better than Novak, it's just a matter of stringing a few things together. Rome wasn't built in a day apparently, and neither are multi-slam winners.

TJ, I could kiss you lol
For now, let us just stick with this hug
goodjob
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2048 on: January 28, 2013, 12:08 PM »

Andy has nothing to be ashamed of. He gave his all and must have been in agony with the blisters on his foot and his hamstring. No one and I mean no on should write him off as a one slam wonder. He cannot win them all but it will not be for the want of trying. He has plenty of time and I am sure he will go on to be a great champion. He is genuine unlike a certain Swiss who is full of hot air who could take a few lessons from Andy. There is the whole year to go and I am sure he will get even better as the months go on.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2049 on: January 28, 2013, 01:01 PM »

Thank you all for such positive posts and wise words, that's why I love MW ,  hug hug
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2050 on: January 28, 2013, 01:07 PM »

His normal retrieval skills weren't there really from the beginning in my opinion. He was also flat from semi too. I could also hear from his grunts in the 3rd and 4th sets that he was really feeling the pain of the blisters - they sounded like he was in alot of pain and really different to normal (YES it sad that I know that!) and he was completely unwilling to stop and change direction or push off with any force which rendered him pretty much incapaciated.

Totally disagree with this. I thought Andy was the better player in the first two sets overall. There didn;t seem to be anything wrong with his retrieval skills. If you look at the rallys Andy won nearly all of them that went past half a dozen shots. I would say his service wasn't nearly as effective though. The stats showed he hit far less aces than against Fed and he had 5 doulbe faults whereas he only had 2 in the entire tournament beforehand.  Also Joker himself said he served the best he's done in ages against Andy. That was probably key. Joker serving better than ever and Andy serving the worst he's done all tournament. Swap these around and Andy probably wins.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2051 on: January 28, 2013, 01:40 PM »

Can someone please explain me of this 'feather story' I'm reading everywhere?
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2052 on: January 28, 2013, 01:48 PM »

Zarfeen a white feather flew on to court just b4 andy was about to serve & he double faulted!! Some of the media are saying this was the turning point of match. Myself i think was more to do with blistered feet & novak being better player on the day.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2053 on: January 28, 2013, 01:48 PM »

Can someone please explain me of this 'feather story' I'm reading everywhere?
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/video/unlucky-feathers-doom-murray-124830574.html
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 F: Andy Murray [3] vs Novak Djokovic [1] « Reply #2054 on: January 28, 2013, 01:50 PM »

Zarfeen a white feather flew on to court just b4 andy was about to serve & he double faulted!! Some of the media are saying this was the turning point of match. Myself i think was more to do with blistered feet & novak being better player on the day.

Oh, I see.....the feather has got too much of attention...
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 ... 143 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »