Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!
Murray in 3 - 21 (63.6%)
Murray in 4 - 10 (30.3%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (3%)
Chardy in 3 - 1 (3%)
Chardy in 4 - 0 (0%)
Chardy in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 42 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy

(Read 12301 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #150 on: January 22, 2013, 06:56 PM »

Let's Go Andy! Let's Go yay yay yay
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #151 on: January 22, 2013, 07:01 PM »

Apologies in advance if this has already been posted but there is an article in mail on line about the scheduling. They have come out and said its favouritism to fed and they say andys camp have complained about it.  It will apparently give fed an advantage IF they play each other as the court plays differently at night and the semi would be a night match. Ferrer has also complained about scheduling.  It would appear the Aussies want a Novak fed final !
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #152 on: January 22, 2013, 07:03 PM »

No, I think Andy would have lost anyway in the final but it was Nadal who was in most disadvantages and I am actually speaking from his perspective. Nadal had just come from winning the Olympics and his route was essentially tougher than Federer at the US Open and the scheduling did not help Nadal’s case one bit. I had a very, very long argument with some of the Federer fans during this Open, so I very hardly forget. In fact, Nadal was getting the short end of the stick more often than not and it could boil anyone’s blood; that is if they were paying any attention. The reason why Nole was getting off the hook an awful lot was because he was constantly on Federer’s half so it made a difference in his case too. Then there are other players who did not get a very good deal when it came to scheduling time and again. It’s apparently Federer based on my observation who gets to most favour so he is and will always be the main target.

I was being sarcastic Emma Jean, not towards you might I add.  Andy freely admits that he wasn't 'ready' for that final.  My dig was at Fed, how he was fatigued to win the Olympic gold. Very Happy
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #153 on: January 22, 2013, 07:04 PM »

Anyway, back at work yawn after 4 lovely working days off.  

cmonandy
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #154 on: January 22, 2013, 07:14 PM »

Apologies in advance if this has already been posted but there is an article in mail on line about the scheduling. They have come out and said its favouritism to fed and they say andys camp have complained about it.  It will apparently give fed an advantage IF they play each other as the court plays differently at night and the semi would be a night match. Ferrer has also complained about scheduling.  It would appear the Aussies want a Novak fed final !

Daily Fail
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #155 on: January 22, 2013, 07:18 PM »

If we are talking about most interesting/enjoyable match I think Andy/chardy will be it. Chances are fed will stomp all over Tsonga.  Btw how many night matches has Tsonga had ?  I am concerned about Andys match tonight I don't think he's playing well and Chardy clearly is, bolstered by that win over Andy in the summer.  I have predicted Andy in 4 in the r the r just hope it's right.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #156 on: January 22, 2013, 07:34 PM »

What Andy says about the scheduling:

"Once you get to the semi-finals or finals here, both matches will be in the evening.
"Ideally it would be nice to get a [quarter-final] match in the evening but if not you just get on with it.
“Sometimes the schedule works well for you and sometimes it doesn't work out perfectly.
"I've had scenarios like at the US Open where it worked in my favour.
"Wimbledon didn't necessarily work in my favour this year, or last year, and the first US Open final I played, it didn't work in my favour. But you don't dictate the schedule, you just try and play and deal with everything as best you can."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/9817790/Andy-Murray-disappointed-with-Australian-Open-draw.html

And what he has to say about Chardy:

"Now to my opponent Jeremy Chardy. We’re about the same age, so we used to play against each other a lot in practice. He has obviously been playing really well for the past year or so and some of you may know that he actually beat me in Cincinnati last August, it was my only loss between winning the gold in London and the US Open. The thing is, that match aside, I’ve always played well against Jeremy and I hope I do so again today. I’ll have to be on my game but I feel like my best tennis is not too far away."

This is from his latest blog which you can read here: http://www.andymurray.com/news-and-blog/andys-latest-column-the-australian-3/
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #157 on: January 22, 2013, 07:46 PM »

Come on Muzza you can win and go on to the final.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #158 on: January 22, 2013, 07:59 PM »

Don't forget that same day there is Vika v Serena. That is certainly worthy of night match status. If it does pan out like that and Murray and Federer are shifted to daytime (UNLIKELY) then who will that favour? Our Andy. There's two sides to one story. We all need to remember that.

yeah ..of course...but its not about just 1 days scheduling... this will be Feds 4 th straight night match versus 0 for Andy.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #159 on: January 22, 2013, 07:59 PM »

I wasn't popular when I said so at the time but I still think that Andy's loss to Chardy in Cinci was a strategic loss to allow him time to work with Lendl before the USOpen.  I don't think that result will have any bearing on this match other than perhaps to give Chardy unfounded confidence.  Andy will win this I have no doubt.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #160 on: January 22, 2013, 08:04 PM »

I was being sarcastic Emma Jean, not towards you might I add.  Andy freely admits that he wasn't 'ready' for that final.  My dig was at Fed, how he was fatigued to win the Olympic gold. Very Happy

Yeah ... and why were you fatigued Roggey boy? you were only around half way through the tennis season.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #161 on: January 22, 2013, 08:13 PM »

Why are the men's semi-finals on different days?
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #162 on: January 22, 2013, 08:17 PM »

Why are the men's semi-finals on different days?

It's always been this way.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #163 on: January 22, 2013, 08:18 PM »

What Andy says about the scheduling:

And what he has to say about Chardy:

"Now to my opponent Jeremy Chardy. We’re about the same age, so we used to play against each other a lot in practice. He has obviously been playing really well for the past year or so and some of you may know that he actually beat me in Cincinnati last August, it was my only loss between winning the gold in London and the US Open. The thing is, that match aside, I’ve always played well against Jeremy and I hope I do so again today. I’ll have to be on my game but I feel like my best tennis is not too far away."

This is from his latest blog which you can read here: http://www.andymurray.com/news-and-blog/andys-latest-column-the-australian-3/

Doesn't sound like an Andy quote at all, does it?  Too formal - wonder who writes his stuff?
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #164 on: January 22, 2013, 08:28 PM »

Ah I agree lookin forward to seeing rafa back change things up a bit, apparently murrays team have also been very vocal about this situation and have said  to schedulers its not fair an unfair advantage to fed' I mean rod laverarena is more like an indoor court on a night time anyway and we all now that cocky federer is virtually unbeatable on a indoor court, he will be so smug at this fed, hope andy  wipes that smug look of his face , or even better jo wilfred get there first  :-) 
welcome  Nice you joined our club, Murrays girl. Just in time to see and take out Chardy Boxing
 kicking
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 42 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »