Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!
Murray in 3 - 21 (63.6%)
Murray in 4 - 10 (30.3%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (3%)
Chardy in 3 - 1 (3%)
Chardy in 4 - 0 (0%)
Chardy in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 42 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy

(Read 12644 times)
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #165 on: January 22, 2013, 08:34 PM »

Right folks. I'm off to bed now and I'll see all you night owls at about 4 am Oslo time.

cmonandy trophy
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #166 on: January 22, 2013, 08:36 PM »

Where did I say you were naive for sticking up? It's naive to assume that guys with a small fanbase get put on show courts. Most people are glory-hunters and they don't care about journeymen (not my opinion). People make money with these kinds of things and therefore do what they think is the most proficient. Whether that's fair or not is completely irrelevant. I guess I just don't really understand why people keep moaning about this as if it came as a big surprise. I said from the very beginning that Andy was unlikely to get a night session until the QFs and now that it's Chardy and not DelPo that obviously didn't work out either. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I agree with the scheduling, just that it's unlikely to change. From an economic point of view it makes perfect sense.

Either way, I'm going to bed. I don't want to miss Andy's match. Wink

You implied but anyway. And this hasn’t come as a surprise to me. I’ve already said it at the start of this AO to expect the schedules work in Federer’s favour. But what’s happened since then is beyond the limit. 4 out of 5 night matches were given to Federer and none to Andy. Again it’s not about Andy but the way it is in this instance and it could have been easily Nadal had he played.

I’ve been watching tennis since 1994. I became a member of CNN forum in 1998 and only Men’s tennis forum existed back then. However, there were lots of email based fans forums as well. Back on those days, I never remember talking about schedules simply because it wasn’t an issue. And it still wasn’t when Federer was dominating the tour like nothing else (2004-2007) because there was nobody to threaten him due to a very weak field. Along came the likes of Nadal, Nole and Murray in 2008 – the bunch that would eventually throw Federer off his throne and that’s when this favouritism all started. Andy did not get any big win over Federer that year but his H2H vs Federer in 2008 was 3-1 in Andy’s favour. The only loss he saw against Federer was in the US Open final. But people were already very much in love with Federer and the Organizers loved the money and attention that came with it, so they didn’t mind favouring him and they still don’t. The rigged draw controversy also kicked in at that point since the two top players kept getting identical draws.  

Now I am not tard enough to sit tight and watch all this and accept it as ‘it is what it is’ because it’s not. The starting point in anything to see any improvement is to speak up and I’ve been doing it since 2008. You can’t have an action unless you have a thought/idea first. You can’t just go to some place without thinking it first so a thought has to exist first. I don’t care if I am wasting my time but a wrong is a wrong is a wrong. You say it’s unlikely to change but how do you know that? If we sit quietly then yes nothing will change. The least I can do as I see it is to speak up. I am a tennis fan first and I don’t care who Federer is.  As Gandhi said, “You must be the change you wish to see in the world”.

Well anyway, enough about this.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #167 on: January 22, 2013, 08:38 PM »

Emma Jean Gandhi....like the sound of that.  Think
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #168 on: January 22, 2013, 08:40 PM »

Good posting!

Well said Emma Jean.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #169 on: January 22, 2013, 08:41 PM »

With you all the way ej.  Blatant favourtism as far as Fed is concerned and it's been going on for years.
[ Last edit by Alis January 22, 2013, 08:56 PM ] IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #170 on: January 22, 2013, 08:43 PM »

Emma Jean Gandhi....like the sound of that.  Think
Will you be around at 4 am, might I ask, or will you be getting your beauty sleep?
Not that I'm suggesting you need it lol
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #171 on: January 22, 2013, 08:46 PM »

Am a wee bit nervous about this match am hoping it is like the Ranoic match at the USO when everyone was predicting a possible early exit for Andy and then he took him apart with ease.  Come on Andy "in a hurry" Murray a date with destiny awaits!!!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #172 on: January 22, 2013, 08:50 PM »

I was being sarcastic Emma Jean, not towards you might I add.  Andy freely admits that he wasn't 'ready' for that final.  My dig was at Fed, how he was fatigued to win the Olympic gold. Very Happy

You devil.  devil :p

I never once saw Sampras not giving his opponents proper credit. Even when he was truly struggling with his both mental and physical health. He’d always say his opponent was the better player on that day. No matter how you phrase the question, that’s what he’d say. He never liked taking credit away from his opponents (there was one hiccup against Rafter but he called him personally and apologized to him within 24 hours). Because surely you don’t expect to fall everything in your favour every day? Some days some things will go the other way and that’s part of the game. If you want to make excuses like those then I guess we need to put asterisk next to his each loss. So the implication is Federer can never lose a match unless he was tired and not 100%.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #173 on: January 22, 2013, 08:56 PM »

Will you be around at 4 am, might I ask, or will you be getting your beauty sleep?
Not that I'm suggesting you need it lol
I certainly don't need any beauty sleep...infact when I look in the mirror, I think "he,s handsome.....oh my god it's me".....but to answer your question Linda....I won't be up at 4am as getting up at 5.20am is bad enough....will listen to it on radio on way to work..
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #174 on: January 22, 2013, 09:16 PM »

It's always been this way.
Yes I know. Why?
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #175 on: January 22, 2013, 09:17 PM »

I won't be up at 4 for certain. Luckily I don't have to worry about posting a thread because Federer doesn't play until much later. Put it on record and will watch when I wake up.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #176 on: January 22, 2013, 09:25 PM »

Ah well.. looks like I might be on my ownsome tonight.
I'll keep the fire burning.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #177 on: January 22, 2013, 09:26 PM »

I off to bed shortly, got my alarm set for 3.15.  cmon yeah  cmonandy
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #178 on: January 22, 2013, 09:28 PM »

Great, Chris!

Can't even record it because you just know which match they will be showing.  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #179 on: January 22, 2013, 09:31 PM »

Ah well.. looks like I might be on my ownsome tonight.
I'll keep the fire burning.
Good girl. cmon yeah
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 42 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »