Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!
Murray in 3 - 21 (63.6%)
Murray in 4 - 10 (30.3%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (3%)
Chardy in 3 - 1 (3%)
Chardy in 4 - 0 (0%)
Chardy in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 42 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy  (Read 8789 times)
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #75 on: January 22, 2013, 09:28 AM »

It's unfair how Federer always gets the evening sessions - he'll be well-adjusted to the night conditions should he reach the SF now. I get how Fed/Tsonga is a better draw than Andy/Chardy but Andy should really have been given the evening slot in at least one of his early-round matches. He's the only one of the top 4 seeds not to have played in the evening session.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #76 on: January 22, 2013, 09:32 AM »

I am disappointed for not only is it another unknown start time early morning but it is another pamper Federer schedule. I will wait on what matches are good with somer interest to see if my thoughts were accurate. Four matches at night for Fed of five. Ridiculous favouritism which has to stop some time?  Maybe his semi might be in 40degC during the day but I doubt it. Does Joke have more claim to the night slot next time? If Murray plays Fed in the semi I would want it during the day!

Well I suppose I might get up early tomorrow watch Murray and then the cricket from India?

Could the tennis for AM be about 3.00am. Depends if Azarenka is in her win mode?

To you all let us hope for a successful evening watching Andy.  Katy Dunn (sp?) is through in Girls so some good news.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #77 on: January 22, 2013, 10:21 AM »

this is just unbelievable [well all too believable I fear].  If Andy gets to the SF he'll have played no night matches whereas smugfed will have played night matches regularly so will be thoroughly used to the conditions.  It is such naked bias.  Makes me really angry.
IP Logged
murrays girl

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #78 on: January 22, 2013, 10:34 AM »

Well Im sure I'm not alone when I say how really disgusted and peeved off I am think we know who the australian open want to win mens singles' 4 night ,matches in a row to that federer and yet our murray has not had 1 what's that about favouritism comes to mind  think its absoloutely shocking and unfair, murray has not had no time to get used to play conditions on a night match while federer is more than used to conditions' really poor of australian open', come on andy son I know you can still win whole thing show that cocky federer how its done :-) 
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #79 on: January 22, 2013, 10:38 AM »

Ruthie I am angry too. Perhaps if AM can overcome him in the semis (Chardy win hopefully achieved?) he will still win AO despite the bias. I can remember running a London Marathon in appalling wind & rain and then being placed in results behind a whole lot of women who started 40 minutes earlier who had good conditions. Was irritated by that too!  As a competitor all we want is a level playing field.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #80 on: January 22, 2013, 10:41 AM »

this is just unbelievable [well all too believable I fear].  If Andy gets to the SF he'll have played no night matches whereas smugfed will have played night matches regularly so will be thoroughly used to the conditions.  It is such naked bias.  Makes me really angry.
The Mail is reporting on this,accordingly those who do the scheduling  have been questioned as to why there is such favouritism for Fed.Let's hope Tsonga can beat the hell out of Fed and win the match or if not win take him to a very,very long physical match.
[ Last edit by michelle January 22, 2013, 10:44 AM ] IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #81 on: January 22, 2013, 10:42 AM »

Well Im sure I'm not alone when I say how really disgusted and peeved off I am think we know who the australian open want to win mens singles' 4 night ,matches in a row to that federer and yet our murray has not had 1 what's that about favouritism comes to mind  think its absoloutely shocking and unfair, murray has not had no time to get used to play conditions on a night match while federer is more than used to conditions' really poor of australian open', come on andy son I know you can still win whole thing show that cocky federer how its done :-) 

Totally with you there. That's why in some ways I want Rafa back for slams as the schedules won't be so favoured to try and rig a Djoker v Fed final. Let's this will fire Andy up even more!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #82 on: January 22, 2013, 10:52 AM »

The organisers at all the Slams are heavily biased towards Federer. He's the big draw. They'll do whatever it takes to keep him challenging and extend his career as much as possible.

The only exception is the  French where Nadal is more famous than Federer, although he still gets preferable scheduling compared to Djokovic or Murray. Didn't stop Djokovic crushing him last year though.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #83 on: January 22, 2013, 10:54 AM »

Anyway this match is 3rd on Rod Laver after Azarenka and Serena. So around 4am, give or take an hour.

I have to be up at 7 tomorrow, going to be a bit of mare. Will try and get off to bed at about 10 tonight I guess.
IP Logged
murrays girl

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #84 on: January 22, 2013, 10:58 AM »

Ah I agree lookin forward to seeing rafa back change things up a bit, apparently murrays team have also been very vocal about this situation and have said  to schedulers its not fair an unfair advantage to fed' I mean rod laverarena is more like an indoor court on a night time anyway and we all now that cocky federer is virtually unbeatable on a indoor court, he will be so smug at this fed, hope andy  wipes that smug look of his face , or even better jo wilfred get there first  :-) 
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #85 on: January 22, 2013, 11:15 AM »

Ah I agree lookin forward to seeing rafa back change things up a bit, apparently murrays team have also been very vocal about this situation and have said  to schedulers its not fair an unfair advantage to fed' I mean rod laverarena is more like an indoor court on a night time anyway and we all now that cocky federer is virtually unbeatable on a indoor court, he will be so smug at this fed, hope andy  wipes that smug look of his face , or even better jo wilfred get there first  :-) 
   Glad to hear that it has been raised officially. Hope that means we might get a daytime SF. ( Some hopes, eh?)
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #86 on: January 22, 2013, 11:22 AM »

This does seem very unfair but I suppose they choose who is going to draw the biggest crowd. To compensate for this I believe Ivan and the gang have taken Andy off to train at another tennis complex so that he plays under conditions similar to the Rod Laver arena. Both Rl and Hisense are different speeds and the roof being closed causes further changes in the conditions. Whatever happens I'm sure it will make little difference as to whether Andy wins or loses - Andy is too good for that - he would have to have a bad day at the office - an injury or illness - something like that. He has beaten both Novak and Fed many times in his time and he will in future too - whether he wins this time remains to be seen and is up to Andy - he has the mindset to win - let's hope he does it.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #87 on: January 22, 2013, 11:23 AM »

Glad to hear that it has been raised officially. Hope that means we might get a daytime SF. ( Some hopes, eh?)
Well he could be playing Fed so then we'll get a night match?
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #88 on: January 22, 2013, 11:25 AM »

This will be Andy's first real test in the AO. I'm sure he will do what he has to, to win.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #89 on: January 22, 2013, 11:25 AM »

well I'm glad that it's being raised and not just by us Andy fans.  Provided Andy comes through against Chardy ok I hope it will spur him on to really go for smugfed and slay him like he did at the Olympics.  I'm sure Ivan will be having words in high places too to make clear his displeasure.
Btw welcome murrays girl.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 42 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »