Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!
Murray in 3 - 21 (63.6%)
Murray in 4 - 10 (30.3%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (3%)
Chardy in 3 - 1 (3%)
Chardy in 4 - 0 (0%)
Chardy in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 42 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy  (Read 8564 times)
Connor
World No 1

AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « on: January 21, 2013, 02:19 PM »

After an up and down victory against injured marathon man Gilles Simon, Andy Murray will face another Frenchmen, this time by the name of Jeremy Chardy.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 02:47 PM »

Going into this match, Chardy seems to be taking alot of confidence from his win over Andy in Cinccy- should Chardy really come at him, I think Andy will relish the chance to utilise his full arsenal which he hasn't needed to do thus far.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 03:19 PM »

I'm a bit worried, but hope Andy ups his game and gets through fairly easily. pray
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 03:22 PM »

Well this is the first proper match of the tournament, in my eyes the AO campaign only begins now for Andy. I expect him to come through, I can see Andy playing really well in this match.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 03:34 PM »

I watched some of the Del Potro/Chardy match and Chardy really was playing so well, hitting many clean winners and using his slice very effectively. Of course the advantage Andy has over Del Potro is movement - Chardy was able to move him around the court which is when his groundstrokes become more error-prone and less deep in the court. He won't be able to do that to Andy, and hopefully Andy will instead be able to force Chardy errors as his groundstrokes often don't have much margin for error.

It could be a tough match, and in a way I hope it is so that Andy gets a bit of a test ahead of (hopefully) the SF. I just think Andy has too much game for Chardy over 5 sets and will raise his level from what we've seen so far.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 03:46 PM »

And here's the H2H since Muzzfan is too busy doing basically nothing...:P

* Andy vs Chardy.jpg (196.92 KB, 723x908 - viewed 84 times.)
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 03:52 PM »

Interesting that he seems to trouble him most in Cincy. Probably has to do with the court-speed...
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 04:25 PM »

Chardy is playing very well,watched him win against Del and Seppi.sorry Del is out.I though he would have gone farther.
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 04:50 PM »

did anyone notice federer's speech at the end of his match, he just HAD to mention that he was fatigued when he lost to Murray in the olympics, as if to say, murray you were lucky this time i am after you

god i dislike that bloke
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 05:03 PM »

did anyone notice federer's speech at the end of his match, he just HAD to mention that he was fatigued when he lost to Murray in the olympics, as if to say, murray you were lucky this time i am after you

god i dislike that bloke

Did he now? Well, not too surprising there.
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 05:07 PM »

anyone know times and when yet/
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 05:19 PM »

Nothing been said about time of Andy's match yet.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 05:49 PM »

:

god i dislike that bloke

Seriously hoping Tsonga gives him the mother of all five setters. (With Andy through in straights)  Whistle
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 05:53 PM »

god i dislike that bloke

Well the only person to blame for that was him! He served for the match at 5-4 Rolling Eyes 
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 05:59 PM »

god i dislike that bloke

Yup typical Fed comment...I don't like Fed as a person at all..... however... he looks fresh and having watched both he and murray....Fed is playing better tennis upto now.

I think Murray is playing as well as he needs to...but he will defo have to step up against Chardy...and be at his best against Fed. Murray has a terrible record against Fed in slams.... and Fed knows it.

Based on what Ive seen so far Fed will beat Murray in straight sets.......HOWEVER...Murray can play much much better than he has so far....so we'll see. Chardy first.

I wish Media and the like would stop expecting a Murray Djoko Final.....Im not all convinced Murray will get that far...let alone win it. Fed knows he is fresh and has a good chance of this one.

...and Fed was not exhausted at the Olympics.....Murray played EXACTLY the way anyone should play Fed....very aggressive from the off....Murray blew Fed off the court....period.
[ Last edit by ABF January 21, 2013, 06:08 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 42 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »