Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!
Murray in 3 - 21 (63.6%)
Murray in 4 - 10 (30.3%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (3%)
Chardy in 3 - 1 (3%)
Chardy in 4 - 0 (0%)
Chardy in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 42 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy

(Read 11646 times)
dex
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 06:09 PM »

Let's hope Tsonga knocks the wind out of his sails then. I'm sure Federer is playing mind games with Andy.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 06:10 PM »

I've watched everyone's matches, and Andy's play has been very scratchy. But then I remember some of his scratchy matches at the USO, and look how that turned out.

Slams are unpredictable animals.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #17 on: January 21, 2013, 06:13 PM »

I'm scared  guys.  Murray has been so erratic.  I don't even know.    Murray won't get the same amount of time against Chardy.  He is a aggressive hitter ...... and we all know what happened at Cincy.  That was just an awful match...  I hope Andy plays better in this match.        in other news  Fed is still a prat.       I just bumped into his Ego  today,  yes it is that big.
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 January 21, 2013, 06:51 PM ] IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #18 on: January 21, 2013, 06:14 PM »

I for one am expecting Andy in the Final. Re Chardy remember Milos R before his match with Andy in the US Open, he had beaten Andy in their last match....Andy gave him a lesson. Chardy met an Andy when he was not completely motivated as Cincy came not long after the Olympics. He had come from Toronto on to Cincy, need I say more. Chardy will have a very different opponent on the other side of the net...the one who had beaten him a number of times. As for Fed ......I think we should remember the last 2 matches he lost to Andy..Olympics and Shanghai, not the man he played in the Wimbledon Final. Cometh the hour cometh the man...
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013, 06:18 PM »

I've watched everyone's matches, and Andy's play has been very scratchy. But then I remember some of his scratchy matches at the USO, and look how that turned out.

Slams are unpredictable animals.

Yup was thinkin that the other day..... it all seems very US Open'esque for Andy. Where basically he raised his game enough to win each match without ever giving the feeling he was playing to his max potential.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #20 on: January 21, 2013, 06:18 PM »

Interesting to note that Andy and Chardy have never played a best of 5 match.

I did see Chardy for 2 sets against Delpo the other day and was indeed moving Juan about the court. Andy is a better mover though.

Also, when will Andy be given a proper night match? Think
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #21 on: January 21, 2013, 06:21 PM »

I think 12 months ago this could have been a potential tricky day, but I think 3 sets maybe a breaker thrown in.

The last time in a GS Andy has lost to someone outside the top 5 was in 2010. I dont see why this should change anytime soon.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 06:24 PM »

Nothing been said about time of Andy's match yet.

He will probably play the 2nd or 3rd day match. That means a 3-5 am start.

Fed will get the night match again. The schedule for Wednesday will be published tomorrow morning.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 06:26 PM »

I for one am expecting Andy in the Final. Re Chardy remember Milos R before his match with Andy in the US Open, he had beaten Andy in their last match....Andy gave him a lesson. Chardy met an Andy when he was not completely motivated as Cincy came not long after the Olympics. He had come from Toronto on to Cincy, need I say more. Chardy will have a very different opponent on the other side of the net...the one who had beaten him a number of times. As for Fed ......I think we should remember the last 2 matches he lost to Andy..Olympics and Shanghai, not the man he played in the Wimbledon Final. Cometh the hour cometh the man...
Good points, Michelle.

I'm not at all worried about the past matches with Chardy or Fed.
I'm thinking more about what I've seen this week from everyone's matches.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 06:27 PM »

Fed will get the night match again. The schedule for Wednesday will be published tomorrow morning.

Ridiculously biased scheduling from the AO people naughty if they do!
IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 06:42 PM »

I heard this morning that  because Federer would probably be given the evening slot on Wednesday then Andy is likely to play in the afternoon.  Selfishly I hope it is the afternoon, so I can get up and watch in the night before going to work.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 06:44 PM »

Ridiculously biased scheduling from the AO people naughty if they do!

I know, but the thing is, Tsonga-Fed probably has more potential to be memorable, going by their logic. Rolling Eyes

He didn't play a night match until the semi-final last year either.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 06:45 PM »

So long as Federer is in the same half as Andy, our man will not get a night match. Remember Rolex watches are a major sponsor of AO and Federer is their man. It is obvious that Rolex & Federer are dictating the match times.
[ Last edit by OldScotSupport January 22, 2013, 09:13 AM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 06:54 PM »

Let's hope Tsonga knocks the wind out of his sails then. I'm sure Federer is playing mind games with Andy.

I think he is judging by his comments. All the wins Andy has over Federer, he has dedicated it as either him not being 100% or not being fully prepared or not as keen. And so he wants us to look at all the GS results, where Federer leads 4-0 and only of late Andy was able to take a set off him. Of course this allows him to be delusional but more importantly, he's not taking the fact that, he was already a few years seniors than Andy with all the experience in the world and Andy had enormous pressure that he had to deal with for a number of years, which pretty much hampered his performance in big matches such GS finals until 2012 USO. And of course, Andy’s growth was gradual.

I don’t know if Andy will be able to beat Federer this time if they meet but circumstances are different right now. And Andy is meeting the first time with Federer after winning a Slam. And Andy is not your kind of player who would put out electric performance day in day out like Federer. He’ll do just enough to win. He’s not your typical showman.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 06:56 PM »

I know, but the thing is, Tsonga-Fed probably has more potential to be memorable, going by their logic. Rolling Eyes

He didn't play a night match until the semi-final last year either.

I had already said in one of my earliest posts at the start of AO that Federer is more than likely to get favourable draws and here we are. This really helps him physically to stay fit.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 42 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »