Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!
Murray in 3 - 21 (63.6%)
Murray in 4 - 10 (30.3%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (3%)
Chardy in 3 - 1 (3%)
Chardy in 4 - 0 (0%)
Chardy in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 42 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy

(Read 12695 times)
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #30 on: January 21, 2013, 06:59 PM »

Ridiculously biased scheduling from the AO people naughty if they do!

He will probably play the 2nd or 3rd day match. That means a 3-5 am start.

Fed will get the night match again. The schedule for Wednesday will be published tomorrow morning.

I do not agree! 

Neither Chardy nor Murray have played a night match whilst Federer has been on thrice!  The Murray/Chardy match has probably far more interest in Australia. It has all the unexpected options whereas Federer/Tsonga could be a routine rather damp squib match. If I were in Melbourne and a neutral I would think that the Murray match is the only one likely to be a cliffhanger and want that on then.

I hope that you are all correct and that he will be lifted by the importance of this game. Today was dire to watch and whilst I appreciate his comments on how difficult it is to play when he knows that Simon was not fit enough to test him I worry a little he may not lift his game as he does at semis and finals when he is playing the best left in the tournament.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #31 on: January 21, 2013, 07:16 PM »

Let's hope Tsonga knocks the wind out of his sails then. I'm sure Federer is playing mind games with Andy.

I don't think Fed is playing mind games - he was just answering a question about how players recover after long matches and he mentioned the Olympics (which was probably his last long match?). He also said Andy was the better player that day.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #32 on: January 21, 2013, 07:16 PM »

Murray aint box office in austrailia not like Fed and Novak. they will always get the night mach over Andy its just the way it is.

Still when Andy comes back next yr as world no 1 and  defending champ they'll have to take notice....
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #33 on: January 21, 2013, 07:40 PM »

The man is always making excuses as to why he was beaten. He played rubbish and Andy was great and that is why Andy won the gold medal. Lets be realistic Mr Smugfed and stop giving out excuses it shows you as a poor loser.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #34 on: January 21, 2013, 07:50 PM »

I don't think Fed is playing mind games - he was just answering a question about how players recover after long matches and he mentioned the Olympics (which was probably his last long match?). He also said Andy was the better player that day.

Not when he says his performance was compromised first. This wasn't planned but he took shot there when he saw the opportunity.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 08:01 PM »

[/

neah....Fed just trying to imply Andy only beat him coz he was tired. Andy has had to play Fed at Major finals in the past with less recovery time ..But nobody cut Andy any slack for his losses. Fed is an antaganistic spoilt wee boy who loves throwing his toys repeatedly out the stroller when he doesnt get his way.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 08:06 PM »

When Chardy loses, I hope he doesn't wine,,,,,,sorry ,that's Chardonnay .
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 08:09 PM »

When Chardy loses, I hope he doesn't wine,,,,,,sorry ,that's Chardonnay .

yeah hopefully no sour grapes.....oops they are only sour in switzerland.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 08:11 PM »

Got a bad feeling about this one for some reason. I voted the QFs before the tournament as well, mainly thinking of Del Potro though.

Nothing to do with Cinci, but everything to do with Chardy's form this week. This isn't a flash in the pan, he's put in three very good performances in a row here and taken out three seeds. If Andy takes him lightly he could be in for a big shock. And whilst it's obvious he'll know to be wary, it's not quite as simple mentally to be as focused.

First couple of sets could be crucial.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #39 on: January 21, 2013, 08:14 PM »

On a lighter note, posted this in the AO thread but thought it was worth mentioning here as well. Andy has actually dropped the fewest games of all the guys left in the draw. So despite a couple of patchy performances in the last few matches, he's still strolled through without ever really looking in much danger. Maybe expectations have just risen even more after the USO and we're now expecting near perfection?

Games dropped:

Seed in first bracket, sets lost in second brackets.

(3) Murray - 34 (0)
(5) Berdych - 37 (0)
(4) Ferrer - 39 (1)
(2) Federer - 41 (0)
(7) Tsonga - 44 (1)
(10) Almagro - 46 (2)
(1) Djokovic - 61 (2)
Chardy - 64 (5)
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #40 on: January 21, 2013, 08:15 PM »

^^For gods sake, Andy won't lose to what ever his name is.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #41 on: January 21, 2013, 08:21 PM »

made me think of one of my mates wee boys....He was at a Murray v Fed match...after the match....the boy had one of those oversized tennis balls and was waiting to get his ball autographed...well Fed when signing grabbed his ball to sign...but the boy grabbed it back as he was about to sign ..and said ' Oh no!! I want Andy's!'  ....my mate said the look on Feds face was worth the ticket price alone. Smile
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #42 on: January 21, 2013, 08:25 PM »

made me think of one of my mates wee boys....He was at a Murray v Fed match...after the match....the boy had one of those oversized tennis balls and was waiting to get his ball autographed...well Fed when signing grabbed his ball to sign...but the boy grabbed it back as he was about to sign ..and said ' Oh no!! I want Andy's!'  ....my mate said the look on Feds face was worth the ticket price alone. Smile

Oh I'd love to have seen that! Priceless!
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #43 on: January 21, 2013, 08:28 PM »

The Murray/Chardy match has probably far more interest in Australia. It has all the unexpected options whereas Federer/Tsonga could be a routine rather damp squib match. If I were in Melbourne and a neutral I would think that the Murray match is the only one likely to be a cliffhanger and want that on then.

Is this a windup? Fed/Tsonga is a massively more attractive match for a neutral.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #44 on: January 21, 2013, 08:36 PM »

made me think of one of my mates wee boys....He was at a Murray v Fed match...after the match....the boy had one of those oversized tennis balls and was waiting to get his ball autographed...well Fed when signing grabbed his ball to sign...but the boy grabbed it back as he was about to sign ..and said ' Oh no!! I want Andy's!'  ....my mate said the look on Feds face was worth the ticket price alone. Smile

Did he get Andy's authograph in the end?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 42 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »