Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!
Murray in 3 - 21 (63.6%)
Murray in 4 - 10 (30.3%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (3%)
Chardy in 3 - 1 (3%)
Chardy in 4 - 0 (0%)
Chardy in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 42 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy

(Read 12298 times)
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #45 on: January 21, 2013, 08:36 PM »

Is this a windup? Fed/Tsonga is a massively more attractive match for a neutral.

Was gonna say the same....most Ozzies will be going for Fed since he knocked their glimmer of hope out. That combined with the fact that Tsonga is seen as an entertaining player ...and Fed one of the best tennis players ever.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #46 on: January 21, 2013, 08:45 PM »

Tsonga is so over hyped.....has he won a masters yet.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #47 on: January 21, 2013, 08:47 PM »

Going into this match, Chardy seems to be taking alot of confidence from his win over Andy in Cinccy- should Chardy really come at him, I think Andy will relish the chance to utilise his full arsenal which he hasn't needed to do thus far.
Good posting!
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #48 on: January 21, 2013, 08:47 PM »

Tsonga is so over hyped.....has he won a masters yet.
Paris 2008...bloody one....so long ago.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #49 on: January 21, 2013, 08:59 PM »

made me think of one of my mates wee boys....He was at a Murray v Fed match...after the match....the boy had one of those oversized tennis balls and was waiting to get his ball autographed...well Fed when signing grabbed his ball to sign...but the boy grabbed it back as he was about to sign ..and said ' Oh no!! I want Andy's!'  ....my mate said the look on Feds face was worth the ticket price alone. Smile
Love it! What a great kid Very Happy
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #50 on: January 21, 2013, 09:01 PM »

I
Was gonna say the same....most Ozzies will be going for Fed since he knocked their glimmer of hope out. That combined with the fact that Tsonga is seen as an entertaining player ...and Fed one of the best tennis players ever.

But you'd also expect it to be far more competitive than Andy's match which should be over in 3 sets. Quiz question. Who was the last unseeded player to beat Andy in a Slam?
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

The great British player will be back!

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #51 on: January 21, 2013, 09:11 PM »

I
But you'd also expect it to be far more competitive than Andy's match which should be over in 3 sets. Quiz question. Who was the last unseeded player to beat Andy in a Slam?

Jo Wilfried Tsonga, 2008 AO R1
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #52 on: January 21, 2013, 09:24 PM »

My mate Steve.
IP Logged
Johnny Handsome
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #53 on: January 21, 2013, 09:35 PM »

I

tsonga unless gonzalez was unseeded at the FO in 09'
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #54 on: January 21, 2013, 09:40 PM »

Chardy may have gained confidence from cinci but also means andy and ivan will be better prepared. Standard says chardy has played 11hrs 40mins to andy's 7hr5mins.sad that fed playing mindgames already. Andy really gets under his skin, naked bias if fed gets yet another night match.
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #55 on: January 21, 2013, 09:44 PM »

I hope the Andy who gave Raonic a clinic at USO will make an appearance against Chardy. Andy lives for these big matches.

Was also a tad annoyed at Federer taking a slight pot shot at being tired at the Olympics even though Andy played too good on the day. That only leaves Federer, who Andy hasn't beaten in a slam yet so hopefully if the 2 meet on Friday, Andy will reverse the trend.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #56 on: January 21, 2013, 09:48 PM »

I

Nadal Smile
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #57 on: January 21, 2013, 10:04 PM »

Might've been Allan actually.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #58 on: January 21, 2013, 10:21 PM »

I concede to BigNose that AO organisers may well provide Federer with a fourth night slot. I think it will prove a bad choice.

The stats and Chardy's form does not back up what is being suggested about Tsonga and Federer providing the better match. That head to head on hard is 7-3 with one for Tsonga when Federer withdrew from the tournament recently The others were in Montreal in 2009 & 2011 where he would have had "home crowd" support. Those who have visited Montreal will understand me?

I just hope that AM is on second match so we have more certainty of start time. The organisers seem to be intent on making it hard for UK player supporters to watch. What sort of scheduling was Robson and Murray, as remaining British players, for both to be put on at the end of the day session with uncertain start times?

Have you guys any inside knowledge to confirm the match 2 or 3 slot?
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #59 on: January 21, 2013, 10:22 PM »

Eh? Allan?

It definetly wasn't Nadal. I'll put money on that. Was it Virginia Wade? 

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 42 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »