Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!
Murray in 3 - 21 (63.6%)
Murray in 4 - 10 (30.3%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (3%)
Chardy in 3 - 1 (3%)
Chardy in 4 - 0 (0%)
Chardy in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 42 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy

(Read 9625 times)
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #90 on: January 22, 2013, 11:26 AM »

Once again this is down to favouritism not numbers.  One of Andy's matches was absolutely full quoted as never happening before.  So this makes it pretty obvious.  Andy will only do his best even if everything is against him.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #91 on: January 22, 2013, 11:28 AM »

Hmmm. Eurosport just showed tomorrow's schedule and there Andy was listed as playing 2nd, before Serena. But the schedule on the AO website remained unchanged. Not sure now... We'll know soon enough I guess.
[ Last edit by silver lining January 22, 2013, 11:42 AM ] IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #92 on: January 22, 2013, 11:46 AM »

Welcome to the mad house murrays girl  welcome i too cant believe the aussies r still crawling up sleazy smugfests bum!!! Come on andy show em you can beat that slimeball ANYTIME ANYWHERE!!!!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #93 on: January 22, 2013, 12:23 PM »

did anyone notice federer's speech at the end of his match, he just HAD to mention that he was fatigued when he lost to Murray in the olympics, as if to say, murray you were lucky this time i am after you

god i dislike that bloke

Right then, game on! That's exactly the sort of challenge Andy will enjoy, and so will I.

There is no way in hell Federer was fatigued against Andy at the Olympics, and if he was then it is time he stopped. Actually I think it's time anyway, but there we are.

I've said it once and I will say it again. I think people should stop dramatising Andy's form. You don't get through any decent player on the pro tour in straight sets by playing rubbish tennis, whoever you are, unless you happen to be Federer, who merely dazzles opponents into submission with the glare from his ego. Whistle.

What Andy has done so far is exactly what he has had to do, and it has been more than enough. Andy can't help the fact that his draw has been fairly kind, and that Delpo, who I still believe he would have beaten anyway, is long gone. The fact is that Andy hasn't really had to shift up a full gear yet, but when he has had to lift his game a bit, it has been there to go to. I think that is encouraging for the business end. Andy is certainly going to have a lot in the tank, he's got through his matches quickly, very little messing. Even the Berankis match was only two and a quarter hours.

I should also say that if he does it, Andy wouldn't be unique in being not at his best through the tournament (it's just his timing has been a bit off) but winning matches and then going on to win the tournament. Nadal has done it more than once at the French. Two or three years back Nadal was woeful, and I do mean woeful, until the quarters, and then hey presto, come the quarters onwards out came the magic.

As for Chardy, which is the point after all, I don't see him going the distance with Andy over five sets. No way. Andy moves vastly better than Delpo, so Chardy won't be able to push him around. I also think five setters with the top players is a mind game as well. I just don't think Chardy will go the distance against an Andy who is awake (he wasn't in Cinci) and hungry. Chardy might nick a set, but that will be his lot if you ask me. Forget the one match Chardy has won in the head to head, and think of the FOUR Andy has won.

Must say that Lendl is a clever man. I think it's great that he's got Andy to practice on a court where the conditions are similar to Laver. I think the Mail story also says Andy was up early yesterday, practising on Laver, getting his rhythm back. I like it, not that I'm in the least surprised.

I'm delighted this issue has been raised about unfairness though. It's really not on. In a way I'm glad, assuming it is the case, that Andy's team are being low-key about it, not discussing it in public too much, but they are right to take it up. If I was Lendl I'd be giving them merry hell. Andy won the last major of 2012 and Olympic gold. He also got to the Wimbledon final last year, and pushed Djokovic all the way (okay, we'll ignore the 4th set Whistle) in the AO semi's. He is consistently right in the mix in the majors, and yet whilst he is dumped out on Hisense in the day, God Almighty himself gets to Lord it in the night match. Cheek! People need to remember that Federer won one major last year on his best surface and in his favourite conditions, under the roof at Wimbledon. Previously to that he hadn't won one for two and a half years. The argument would be that the schedule is all about TV ratings, but stuff that. It's sport, not bloody reality TV. There should be an element of fair play, and someone playing all day matches until the semi's, whilst another gets all night matches, is patently not fair.

Mind you, the best reply that Andy could give is to get rid of Chardy in record time and then give Federer a right belting in the semi's. Something tells me he might just do that. w00t.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #94 on: January 22, 2013, 12:27 PM »

They did say earlier that Andy would be on against Chardy at around 3am. Another match I won't see live.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #95 on: January 22, 2013, 12:53 PM »

I will setting my alarm at 3.15am no way can I miss this!
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #96 on: January 22, 2013, 01:04 PM »

Yes, I'll watch at least part of the match - I can't go back to sleep knowing he is playing. I too heard Fed say he was tired when Andy took the Olympic Gold and because of his unsportsmanlike attitude in general, especially when it comes to Andy, I hope he never beats Andy again and that Andy in the most positive way shows him who is best just now.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #97 on: January 22, 2013, 01:12 PM »

Was there a poll on the Chardy match result?
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #98 on: January 22, 2013, 01:44 PM »

Didnt see a poll  confused
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #99 on: January 22, 2013, 01:47 PM »

^ I was just about to ask if Muzzafan could add one. Smile
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #100 on: January 22, 2013, 01:52 PM »

Yes it is oh so obvious that Smugfed is always given preferential treatment why? The organisers of the AO should see that it is not fair I believe Ferrer has also complained about not having any night matches every player should be treated equally it is a sham. Hope Tsonga puts his lights out and that is being kind.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #101 on: January 22, 2013, 02:20 PM »

Tsonga is so over hyped.....has he won a masters yet.

Tsonga is probably the only man out there of the current bunch who has beaten each of the top players in a GS. Federer - 2011 Wimbledon, Nadal - 2008 AO, Djokovic - 2010 AO , Andy - 2008 AO. In fact, Tsonga has a very good record here vs the top players as he's beaten 3 of the top 4 guys right here right at this venue. So I wouldn’t sneeze at him, really.

And yes, he’s won 1 Masters so far and that being the 2008 Paris Masters. That was probably his best year to date.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #102 on: January 22, 2013, 02:36 PM »

Paris Masters is quite Notorious though given that Tsonga, Berdych, Soderling, Ferrer etc. have all won it at one point in the recent past. It’s probably the only Masters where we have different winners each year that does not involve only top players. But this also goes to show how this event is either not as important to top players given WTF right after or they are simply jaded by this time of the year, so that leaves all the others to take a shot at it. Perhaps Del Potro should make it a point that he gets it too and that will make it his first ever Masters.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #103 on: January 22, 2013, 02:37 PM »

It's a shame he's so erratic. On his day he can beat anyone but that day only comes around once in a blue moon.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #104 on: January 22, 2013, 02:45 PM »

The scheduling really p****s me off. It's as important as the draw. Time and again it favours Fed, not just here.
Hope Ivan goes and kicks some serious a**e pokey
[ Last edit by blueberryhill January 22, 2013, 04:15 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 42 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »