Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!
Murray in 3 - 21 (63.6%)
Murray in 4 - 10 (30.3%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (3%)
Chardy in 3 - 1 (3%)
Chardy in 4 - 0 (0%)
Chardy in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 42 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy

(Read 11210 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #120 on: January 22, 2013, 05:11 PM »

Well, it doesn't really though. I mean Andy has an advantage over Chardy as well, because he played on RLA before, could test the court-speed etc, while Chardy couldn't. Let's face it, at the end of the day we are only looking out for Andy's best interest and if roles were indeed reversed and Andy had gotten all the night matches none of you would cry bloody murder.

I am sorry but I have spoken up for other players for a long time. I just don’t go for only my favourite player. If I see something not fair or right, I always speak up. I have a very long history posting on different forums. So perhaps you are generalizing a bit much there without knowing the full facts.
IP Logged
murrays girl

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #121 on: January 22, 2013, 05:13 PM »

Welcome to the mad house murrays girl  welcome i too cant believe the aussies r still crawling up sleazy  smugfests bum!!! Come on andy show em you can beat that slimeball ANYTIME ANYWHERE!!!!
thank you glad to be here :-)  love your comment I hate federer I just think he's a bit to big  headed
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #122 on: January 22, 2013, 05:17 PM »

No one should forget 2008 and 2011 USO schedules where both Nadal and Andy were in severe disadvantage in terms of scheduling which eventually lead Federer to get enough rest to stay fresh for the final. And there are many more instances like these that is if you want to go a bit further back.

Andy ‘s schedule is not even a problem for me and I am not particularly keen on him playing night matches at this point anyway; in fact, the sooner he gets off the court the better, but it does compromise ones fitness no matter who the player is if they spend more time under the sun than not. Nole, in fact, couldn’t deal with the heat at the AO and had all sorts of trouble against Tsonga. Sampras had always struggled at the AO due to being under the sun all the time. It matters. And it matters for everyone.

Simon for instance should have gotten the night match since he needed a long recovery time and if he was Federer, then rest assured, he would have given a night match even if his opponent was a nobody.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean January 22, 2013, 05:30 PM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #123 on: January 22, 2013, 05:17 PM »

You mean Del Potro? Last year he was too hung up on Basel otherwise I think he had a legitimate shot in Paris. It's too bad when you have Ferrer winning a Masters and an indoor one no less and not a player like Del Potro. Berdych, Tsonga, Soderling are both great indoor players so that makes sense. Last year Paris was the worst I have ever seen in terms of top players falling out one by one within the first two days.
Tsonga. Del Potro is generally quite consistent.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #124 on: January 22, 2013, 05:20 PM »

I am sorry but I have spoken up for other players for a long time. I just don’t go for only my favourite player. If I see something not fair or right, I always speak up. I have a very long history posting on different forums. So perhaps you are generalizing a bit much there without knowing the full facts.

Yeah, sure. You and Teejay would speak up if Fed was being treated unfairly... I doubt it. But that's besides the point, fact is that it's impossible to treat everyone equally. As it stands, Fed is a bigger draw than Andy and had the more 'interesting' matches, at least on paper [Davydenko (former Top 3 player) - Tomic (the local Hero) - Raonic (potential upset) - Tsonga (fellow Top 10 player)]. Sure, none of them quite lived up to the hype, but Andy's matches went down in similar fashion. A lot of people probably don't even know who Chardy is. I do think Andy should have gotten the Night Session over Tomic in R1, but what's done is done.
[ Last edit by silver lining January 22, 2013, 05:23 PM ] IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #125 on: January 22, 2013, 05:21 PM »

There's an article in the Mirror that quotes Andy:

After his fourth round win over Gilles Simon - and before tomorrow's schedule was announced - Murray said: "Once you get to the semi-finals or finals here, both matches will be in the evening. Ideally it would be nice to get a match in the evening but if not you just get on with it.

“Sometimes the schedule works well for you and sometimes it doesn't work out perfectly.

"I've had scenarios like at the US Open where it worked in my favour. Wimbledon didn't necessarily work in my favour this year, or last year, and the first US Open final I played, it didn't work in my favour but you just, you don't dictate the schedule, you just try and play and deal with everything as best you can."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/tennis/australian-open-tennis-scheduling-sees-1549108
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #126 on: January 22, 2013, 05:22 PM »

Tsonga. Del Potro is generally quite consistent.

That makes sense but I still feel it's a great achievement to have a win over each top player in a GS.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #127 on: January 22, 2013, 05:25 PM »

TBH  I think  you may be all over reacting.    Murray has a match against Chardy.   Federer has a match against Tsonga.    I think the majority of the public would want to see Tsonga v Federer.    Yes it is unfair on Andy  but you just gotta suck it up.  When Murray plays at Wimbledon he is pretty much on last on Centre Court from the 3rd round onwards. Why? Because the BBC knows that their viewership goes up because he is a British player.
 Murray has proved he can play in all sorts of conditions. It's no problem for him.

This is the sort of story that doesn't do Andy any favours as far as good PR is concerned. Keep focused on the main target andy - we'll all be watching you on Sunday morning when you'll have centre stage against Novak - game on!

Might want to check your facts. Federer gets way more favouritism than Murray at Wimbledon.

And you don't think it's a little unfair that one contender has to play five matches in 35 degree heat while the other plays all five matches in 25 degree shade?

The favouritism is unreal and it gives a heavy advantage to Federer. There is **** all wrong with questioning the obvious bias.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #128 on: January 22, 2013, 05:27 PM »

This does seem very unfair but I suppose they choose who is going to draw the biggest crowd. To compensate for this I believe Ivan and the gang have taken Andy off to train at another tennis complex so that he plays under conditions similar to the Rod Laver arena. Both Rl and Hisense are different speeds and the roof being closed causes further changes in the conditions. Whatever happens I'm sure it will make little difference as to whether Andy wins or loses - Andy is too good for that - he would have to have a bad day at the office - an injury or illness - something like that. He has beaten both Novak and Fed many times in his time and he will in future too - whether he wins this time remains to be seen and is up to Andy - he has the mindset to win - let's hope he does it.

My guess is that tickets would have been sold out before schedules announced. There were fed fans at Andy's match on Saturday. You buy day session or night session tickets. You have to guess who will be playing where, except with Fed this year since hes's always been on RLA Rolling Eyes

Anyway, back to Andy, and yet another match that will mkre than likely start when I am at work grr

Do what you have to do Andy clapping
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #129 on: January 22, 2013, 05:28 PM »

Yeah, sure. You and Teejay would speak up if Fed was being treated unfairly... I doubt it. But that's besides the point, fact is that it's impossible to treat everyone equally. As it stands Fed is a bigger draw than Andy and had the more 'interesting' matches [Davydenko (former Top 3 player) - Tomic (the local Hero) - Raonic (potential upset) - Tsonga (fellow Top 10 player)]. Sure, none of them quite lived up to the hype, but Andy's matches went down in similar fashion. A lot of people probably don't even know who Chardy is. I do think Andy should have gotten the Night session over Tomic in R1, but what's done is done.

I've spoken up on behalf of Federer several times on this very forum so I say you are slightly ill informed.

I agree that it's impossible to treat everyone equally but we can at least try it. The only way people will know about Chardy if he is showcased properly and enough. He has given the best match so far not Federer. In fact, Federer very rarely sees highly competitive matches. I am not a general face who only sticks up for her favourite player or the top players;  I stay up to see all other matches and it's Federer's matches that I avoid sincerely whenever I can, because judging by the match-ups, I can always tell which way they are most likely to go. They are the most predictable matches on earth after all.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #130 on: January 22, 2013, 05:30 PM »

Federer fans were completely bitter after Stan lost to Nole. It's not only that Stan is Federer's fellow countryman but more importantly, it would have eliminated their only other obstacle to Federer’s AO victory, as they don't believe Federer could snatch a Slam over Nole on hardcourt in a final. Right now, they are too comfortable with Slam H2H vs Andy. The only other fear they had was Raonic but once Raonic faltered quickly, they sighed a big relief. I could feel how tense they were before this match. I bet they didn’t like Nole’s match vs Berdych yesterday. Not only Nole looked relatively fresh, Ferrer had a hard time against Almagro, so I don’t think they believe Ferrer will be able to push Nole. Besides, he’s never beat Djokovic in a GS. But now the question of pushing is probably also out of the question.

Re: Federer’s schedules, this is essentially helping his fitness as he’s spending least time out in the brutal heat unlike the rest of the gang. And also, the fact that, he thrives playing at night, isn’t really leaving his opponents much of a choice to put up a decent fight.

All his night matches here at the AO have been so one sided and yet they keep putting him on the night slot even when they knew that Federer would probably prevail in straights on each occasion. Fair is fair and it’s fair that all players get equally divided schedules, but it’s more important that the organizers don’t play any kind of favouritism. This just ruins the integrity of the sport. Federer has ruined tennis on many levels and the aftermath won’t be pretty as organizers will find it hard to gather as much interest in general public going forward.

Yup agreed..... There has been many dubious shceduling issues involving Fed the last few years....but this one ...to me anyway...is blatant...and most definately in Fed's fav. Its his fav tennis enviroment... cooler...calm conditions...whereby even if the roof is not closed it'll feel and play like it is.

Why Andy has not once been scheduled to play in that enviroment is beyond me...so yup he'll ve going into that match...if he makes it past Chardy of course....spending the first set working out his range and timing. Winning the first set ...especially for fed ...will be critical to the end result...and so now whilst my heart says Andy will adapt quickly and win it... my head says he wont.

Fed wll be loving this massaging of his ego ..by organisers and media alike. I hope Murray goes into the match with arrogance and aggression...coz thats the best way to deal with Fed. Just like the Olympics.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #131 on: January 22, 2013, 05:30 PM »

No one should forget 2008 and 2011 USO schedules where both Nadal and Andy were in severe disadvantage in terms of scheduling which eventually lead Federer to get enough rest to stay fresh for the final. And there are many more instances like these that is if you want to go a bit further back.

So that's why Andy lost, he was  fatigued Whistle Very Happy
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #132 on: January 22, 2013, 05:36 PM »

So that's why Andy lost, he was  fatigued Whistle Very Happy

No, I think Andy would have lost anyway in the final but it was Nadal who was in most disadvantages and I am actually speaking from his perspective. Nadal had just come from winning the Olympics and his route was essentially tougher than Federer at the US Open and the scheduling did not help Nadal’s case one bit. I had a very, very long argument with some of the Federer fans during this Open, so I very hardly forget. In fact, Nadal was getting the short end of the stick more often than not and it could boil anyone’s blood; that is if they were paying any attention. The reason why Nole was getting off the hook an awful lot was because he was constantly on Federer’s half so it made a difference in his case too. Then there are other players who did not get a very good deal when it came to scheduling time and again. It’s apparently Federer based on my observation who gets to most favour so he is and will always be the main target.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean January 22, 2013, 05:39 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #133 on: January 22, 2013, 05:39 PM »

Don't forget that same day there is Vika v Serena. That is certainly worthy of night match status. If it does pan out like that and Murray and Federer are shifted to daytime (UNLIKELY) then who will that favour? Our Andy. There's two sides to one story. We all need to remember that.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #134 on: January 22, 2013, 05:40 PM »

I've spoken up on behalf of Federer several times on this very forum so I say you are slightly ill informed.

I agree that it's impossible to treat everyone equally but we can at least try it. The only way people will know about Chardy if he is showcased properly and enough. He has given the best match so far not Federer. In fact, Federer very rarely sees highly competitive matches. I am not a general face who only sticks up for her favourite player or the top players;  I stay up to see all other matches and it's Federer's matches that I avoid sincerely whenever I can, because judging by the match-ups, I can always tell which way they are most likely to go. They are the most predictable matches on earth after all.

Good for you. But the thing is, you don't exactly expect to put guys like Chardy, Rosol et al to be put on RLA for their early-round matches, do you? It's about the market and TV broadcasting etc. You can't possibly be that naiive... As I said, life isn't fair and at the end of the day the top guys have worked hard to get where they are now and deserve to play on the show-courts. Andy just so happened to have a 'boring' draw.
[ Last edit by silver lining January 22, 2013, 05:43 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 42 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »