Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!
Murray in 3 - 21 (63.6%)
Murray in 4 - 10 (30.3%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (3%)
Chardy in 3 - 1 (3%)
Chardy in 4 - 0 (0%)
Chardy in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 42 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy  (Read 8518 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #135 on: January 22, 2013, 05:40 PM »

Might want to check your facts. Federer gets way more favouritism than Murray at Wimbledon.

And you don't think it's a little unfair that one contender has to play five matches in 35 degree heat while the other plays all five matches in 25 degree shade?

The favouritism is unreal and it gives a heavy advantage to Federer. There is f**k all wrong with questioning the obvious bias.

just saying that If Murray got a harder draw   then maybe he would of got some night matches.   Most of his matches have  not exactly been competitive  or exciting from a general  tennis fan's point of view.     Delpo v Murray for sure would have got the night match.   and TBH  I agree the favoritism has always been there for Fed     - he is the face of tennis  so naturally he gets the night matches
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #136 on: January 22, 2013, 05:40 PM »

Was just reading the article in the Daily Mail about the unfair scheduling and saw this comment - interesting:-

Used to have a lot of time for Federer until last Summer at the Olympics when he refused to sign an autograph for my kids... said he "was not allowed to"... He might be a great player but he has become so aloof, strutting around. Time for him to become a little more engagement with fans

Would one expect to easily get an autograph from Lady Gaga, Hugh Jackman and others at the top of their profession.  I suspect not, although it doesn't necessarily make them all aloof.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #137 on: January 22, 2013, 05:42 PM »

Muzzafan, can you add a poll? Smile
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #138 on: January 22, 2013, 05:43 PM »

I'd really like a 10pm or slightly late start since I have to pick up my sister around 10 so I won't be home until 10:15pm. I really like to see Chardy and see how Andy handles him. Is he going to raise his level or is going to stay on the level and sort Chardy out without spending too much energy or being too competitive. Besides, it’s a QTR final match so it’s important regardless no matter who the opponent is.  
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #139 on: January 22, 2013, 05:49 PM »

Muzzafan, can you add a poll? Smile

Yeah sure.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #140 on: January 22, 2013, 05:51 PM »

Thanks! I'm superstitious that way. lol
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #141 on: January 22, 2013, 05:51 PM »

Don't forget that same day there is Vika v Serena. That is certainly worthy of night match status. If it does pan out like that and Murray and Federer are shifted to daytime (UNLIKELY) then who will that favour? Our Andy. There's two sides to one story. We all need to remember that.
That won't happen.

Women's SFs are both Thursday afternoon, local time, then one men's SF in the evening (Djoko/Ferrer). The other SF on Friday evening.
Women's Final on Saturday, Men's Final on Sunday evening.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/schedule/tournament.html
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #142 on: January 22, 2013, 05:52 PM »

Good for you. But the thing is, you don't exactly expect to put guys like Chardy, Rosol et al to be put on RLA for their early-round matches, do you? It's about the demans and TV broadcasting etc. You can't possibly be that naiive... As I said, life isn't fair and at the end of the day the top guys have worked hard to get where they are now and deserve to play on the show-courts. Andy just so happened to have a 'boring' draw.

I am not naive at all because I speak up. I'd say those who stick up for these sorts of nonsense or even advocate them have done very little to society or made any changes.

But that’s not the problem or the issue. The problem is we live in the Federer era and most are brainwashed at this point, so they’ll fight for it. Who is Chardy indeed.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #143 on: January 22, 2013, 05:52 PM »

That won't happen.

Women's SFs are both Thursday afternoon, local time, then one men's SF in the evening (Djoko/Ferrer). The other SF on Friday evening.
Women's Final on Saturday, Men's Final on Sunday evening.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/schedule/tournament.html

Of course forgot the Womens final was on Saturday. More focused on that trophy lifting on Sunday Wink
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #144 on: January 22, 2013, 05:58 PM »

My guess is that tickets would have been sold out before schedules announced. There were fed fans at Andy's match on Saturday. You buy day session or night session tickets. You have to guess who will be playing where, except with Fed this year since hes's always been on RLA Rolling Eyes

Anyway, back to Andy, and yet another match that will mkre than likely start when I am at work grr

Do what you have to do Andy clapping

This is so right. I have tried to get tickets for AM but it is always a lottery as you have to buy long before you know participants. I have ended up watching Joker three times as a result. One of those at the Olympics was because Andy won through to the final! I suppose draws are always a gamble on who they get to play and when and therefore in what conditions they play but I agree with teejay that there needs to be a system to try to make it as fair as possible.

I think most would agree to that?  If not why not?

I would not expect commercial interest to corrupt results with biased scheduling. This is meant to be sport and the players should look at this after and agree something.  Are there parallels of Federer with Ferrari in motor racing where it always seemed that any options/choices went their way? The latter not so marked in recent years.  Perception though may not be fact so SEEMED is important.Same applies in tennis.

I am looking forward to the match tonight now and forgetting the schedule problems. Andy is usually a good fighter and if he wants the win this and the semi enough he will make it!!!!!! If so, it should be a good match and I stick to my contention that it will probably be better to watch than the other match.

IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #145 on: January 22, 2013, 06:13 PM »

Chardy practising today!

From ATP website
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #146 on: January 22, 2013, 06:18 PM »

Andy getting all daytime matches may be to his advantage.  We all know that he plays well at night matches.  Should he have to endure a day match against Fed, he will definitely have the advantage.

But that's getting beyond the Chardy match. First things First!!

So good luck Andy in your match against Chardy.  He will come out swinging and so must you, be agressive and do him in!!  Be focused in all your play and let your racquet do the talking.  May the force be with you Andy!! Bagpipes cmonandy
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #147 on: January 22, 2013, 06:28 PM »

Good luck Andy , go after him, show him why your a Grand slam champ. cmon yeah
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #148 on: January 22, 2013, 06:37 PM »

I am not naive at all because I speak up. I'd say those who stick up for these sorts of nonsense or even advocate them have done very little to society or made any changes.

But that’s not the problem or the issue. The problem is we live in the Federer era and most are brainwashed at this point, so they’ll fight for it. Who is Chardy indeed.

Where did I say you were naive for sticking up? It's naive to assume that guys with a small fanbase get put on show courts. Most people are glory-hunters and they don't care about journeymen (not my opinion). People make money with these kinds of things and therefore do what they think is the most proficient. Whether that's fair or not is completely irrelevant. I guess I just don't really understand why people keep moaning about this as if it came as a big surprise. I said from the very beginning that Andy was unlikely to get a night session until the QFs and now that it's Chardy and not DelPo that obviously didn't work out either. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I agree with the scheduling, just that it's unlikely to change. From an economic point of view it makes perfect sense.

Either way, I'm going to bed. I don't want to miss Andy's match. Wink
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #149 on: January 22, 2013, 06:45 PM »

Good luck Andy you can do this, play like you can, do your Harry Potter and wave that magic racquet, come on the Murray Man........
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 42 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »