Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!
Murray in 3 - 21 (63.6%)
Murray in 4 - 10 (30.3%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (3%)
Chardy in 3 - 1 (3%)
Chardy in 4 - 0 (0%)
Chardy in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy

(Read 12458 times)
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #570 on: January 23, 2013, 07:13 AM »

1st set was critical ....The longer the match went the more dominant Andy became. I dont think people were rediculous to have worries v Chardy. The guy was causing Andy alot of problems once he got going in that first set. As Andy stated pre match though...Chardy can be eratic...and thats what changed this match i think.

Improved performance from Murray.... but everyone knows he'll have to play better against Fed...his best id say.

Well done Andy!!!!
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #571 on: January 23, 2013, 07:18 AM »

Excellent win. Smile Andy played a lot better today. Couldn't ask for more - reaching a slam semi with no sets dropped. He'll be well rested for the SF now.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #572 on: January 23, 2013, 07:21 AM »

So that's five matches, 15 sets won and none lost.

And in matches he's 9-0 for the year.

Must be doing something right!

I actually fancy Tsonga to trouble the Smug one later this morning.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if Jo edged it  That would be nice.  More French fodder for our man!
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #573 on: January 23, 2013, 07:28 AM »

Silky smooth for Andy!
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #574 on: January 23, 2013, 07:39 AM »

Just been on the AO website to watch highlights of Serena vs Sloane. I come across a video for Mats Point. I instantly knew Mats would criticise Murray, and how right was I. Mats Wilander is a twat.

IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #575 on: January 23, 2013, 07:41 AM »

Yeah it was. He hasn't face a single person in the Top 10 yet. Hahaha.

Not unusual I don't think.  If play always went with the seedings, the first time he would probably have faced a top tenner would have been in the quarters (although he could possibly have faced numbers 9 or 10 in the previous round, but more likely someone from numbers 11 to 16.)

Andy's potential top ten opponent in the quarters - DelPo - fell by the wayside though and left him with Chardy in the quarters.

This must be fairly common I would have thought.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #576 on: January 23, 2013, 07:44 AM »

Just been on the AO website to watch highlights of Serena vs Sloane. I come across a video for Mats Point. I instantly knew Mats would criticise Murray, and how right was I. Mats Wilander is a twat.

I've never heard such psycho-babbling nonsense in my life.  He's a complete moron.  I don;t know why the TV network gives him a platform.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #577 on: January 23, 2013, 07:50 AM »

Just because he wasn't as good as Borg or Edberg, or even Lendl. He criticises Lendl's own. Cmon Ivan knock this baby out!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #578 on: January 23, 2013, 07:57 AM »

Excellent Andy, well played. yay yay
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #579 on: January 23, 2013, 08:00 AM »

Well done Andy.  Chardy could have been tricky.  I missed the bit where it looked like Chardy was getting into the match and causing trouble but then enjoyed Andy taking the game out of him.  Some wonderful shots from Andy.  And such a relaxed post-match interview.  Like Andy I hope JW and smugfed slug it out for hours tonight so that night match ceases to be an advantage.  Better still hope jw wins but unlikely I guess.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #580 on: January 23, 2013, 08:12 AM »

Went so much better than expected, and once again not a single set dropped!!!!

Now then Jo, turn on your style, your swagger and give that got the mother of all five setters!!

IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #581 on: January 23, 2013, 12:09 PM »

So damn happy with the score line!!!!!
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #582 on: January 23, 2013, 12:35 PM »

Murray did very well and I had high hopes that he would meet Tsonga in the semis but sadly Federer won in 5. There's no justice in tennis
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #583 on: January 23, 2013, 01:17 PM »

Chardy could have been awkward, but I must admit I had a feeling he probably wouldn't be too bad. I did think he might just nick a set, going in off the back of a good run through the tournament, given that it could have made him confident. I'm chuffed to be wrong on that one.

I saw the second set almost in its entirety and all of the third. From what I saw Andy's level has risen considerably, which is great. I still get the feeling that more is to come too. Hope I'm right about that one!

To my mind it isn't the dips, such as the one in the first set, which admittedly I heard about, I didn't see, that are important so much. It's how Andy responds when it happens. If he dipped in the past Andy might have got frustrated with himself. Now he might get momentarily annoyed, but then he regroups and gets on with it. I think that's hugely significant.

So, it's Smugfed in the semi's. I'm sorry in a way, because I'd have liked Tsonga to win that quarter. To my mind he deserved it for the vast majority of that match. However, I thought Smugfed might pull the win out of his - well, choose your own body part or accessory. Whistle. Tsonga kept him out there though, and made him work, so good one Jo  clap.

I still have a brilliant feeling about the AO. I love the idea of Andy being the only man in the tournament who is yet to drop a set! I don't care who he has played or how he has played either. As my brother reminded me earlier, you can only play the person in front of you and get that right.

Some nice stats mentioned during the match about Andy in slams too. I'm sure they said something about him having had more match wins than any other British player in history, or was it that if he wins the tournament he will be? I was still waking up when they said it lol.

Frew McMillan and vile Simon Reed in commentary today. Why can't Frew resist having a dig at Andy over DC. Andy, do me a favour, win the tournament and then tell Frew and the lot of them to get stuffed.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #584 on: January 23, 2013, 01:32 PM »

:Well done Andy! Great play, some great shots!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »