Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions!
Murray in 3 - 21 (63.6%)
Murray in 4 - 10 (30.3%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (3%)
Chardy in 3 - 1 (3%)
Chardy in 4 - 0 (0%)
Chardy in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy  (Read 8780 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #585 on: January 23, 2013, 01:40 PM »

I recorded the match today, although unfortunately the stream cut out at 4-0 in the first set so missed the first four games.

Still, got the rest of the match and the interview.

Might be some problems with the video quality, let me know (don't worry about the first five seconds, it's fine after that).

IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #586 on: January 23, 2013, 02:40 PM »

Thank you for doing that.  How do you record a livestream?
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #587 on: January 23, 2013, 03:15 PM »

This is what Chardy said after his match with Andy.
"I played a good match, but he was too good for me," Chardy said. "I thought I would try many things, but I had no chance. He was too good. I played a good tournament, so I'm still happy."
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #588 on: January 23, 2013, 03:28 PM »

Thank you for doing that.  How do you record a livestream?
By watching it through VLC Player which has a built-in recorder. It was ProdigyEng who originally recommended it.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #589 on: January 23, 2013, 03:30 PM »

Almost perfect for Murray
Wednesday, 23 January, 2013
By Alix Ramsay

Oh well, you can’t have everything. Andy Murray may have reached the semifinals of the Australian Open, the 12th grand slam semifinal of his career, and he may have done so in stunning style and double-quick time, but he is rubbish at chucking towels.

When the world No.3 had completed his 6-4 6-1 6-2 drubbing of Jeremy Chardy on Wednesday afternoon, he did what most players do: he started lobbing little mementoes into the crowd. Off came the sweatbands (some lucky soul will treasure them), and out came the official towels. And at $55 as pop, they are more than worth keeping. Except that one of the sport’s finest athletes and one of the world’s best players could not throw the towel far enough to reach the outstretched hands of the faithful. Instead, an unsuspecting cameraman at the court side got a face full of towel, and Murray looked a tad embarrassed.

“Yeah, I missed the crowd by about 10 feet,” Murray said. “Pathetic effort!”

Not that such failings were going to spoil the Scot’s day. His win had been expected – 33 ranking spots separate Murray at No.3 from Chardy – but it was the manner of the victory that brought the smile to his face. It was not that his rival was playing badly – far from it – it was just that Murray was playing very well. Very, very well. In the last couple of rounds, he had been looking a scratchy, a little ragged, but not on Wednesday, not against Chardy. The Muzz meant business and no one, particularly not a rejuvenated, revived, reinvented Frenchman, was going to stop him.

Chardy had hoped that his run to the last eight was the start of something big. His first appearance in a grand slam quarterfinal had been orchestrated by his coach and best mate Kerei Abakar, and had been built around a thumping forehand and a new-found confidence. These attributes had been enough to dismiss Juan Martin del Potro in the third round, so surely they could give Murray something to think about. Apparently not.

Chardy came out with all guns blazing – he was serving like a rocket launcher and clobbering that forehand – but it made not the smallest of dents in Murray’s defences. For the first time in the tournament, the world No.3 looked to be at the very top of his game, and he was in complete control from first ball until last. No wonder he looked relaxed and happy once his 111-minute workout was over.

“Today was the best I’ve played so far,” he said. “I struggled in my last few rounds and I knew he’d beaten some top players. I knew I had to be sharp. I moved well today.”

Murray’s work had been done, and now it was time to prepare for the semis. So far, he has not played a night match, which may be something of an issue when he finally gets to experience the cooler, night-time conditions at Rod Laver Arena. But by the sound of his plans for Wednesday evening, he would not have traded his match schedule with Messrs Federer and Tsonga for all the tea in China.

“I’m going to go an take an ice bath,” he said, “then I’ve got my media commitments which usually take about an hour, then I’ll get some food and hope that Roger and Jo play for four or five hours or so.”

And presumably as he lies on his hotel bed, his feet up and idling watching the television with Fed and Jo-Willie hard at work, he will practice his towel chucking technique. A chap with his eyes on the title needs to be getting that right.

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #590 on: January 23, 2013, 03:50 PM »

"I played a good match, but he was too good for me," Chardy said. "I thought I would try many things, but I had no chance. He was too good. I played a good tournament, so I'm still happy."

Chardy has a lot to be proud of for sure. He's made his name shine for a start. Great effort.
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #591 on: January 23, 2013, 05:10 PM »

Just watching game set matts, and Matts said the reason Smug fed has had night matches is because he sells tickets , which is rubbish when I was there 2 years ago , the tickets sold out months before the tournament , when you have no idea who is scheduled to play on which court, so that's rubbish  ranting
[ Last edit by deb January 23, 2013, 05:21 PM ] IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #592 on: January 23, 2013, 05:12 PM »

Just watching game set matts, and Matts said the reason Smug fed has had night matches is because he sells tickets , which is rubbish when I was there 2 years ago , the tickets sold out months before the tournament , when you have no idea who is scheduled to plat on which court, so that's rubbish  ranting
  I guess thats dumbdown talk for boosts ratings, which is probably true.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #593 on: January 23, 2013, 05:18 PM »

Same problem about match time. I set the box to record from 3.15am but it failed as the march did not start until quite a bit later. Bur they have been showing it again on Eurosport so I have recorded it again. My box is a bit unreliable think the cable needs to be replaced.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #594 on: January 23, 2013, 05:55 PM »

Chardy could have been awkward, but I must admit I had a feeling he probably wouldn't be too bad. I did think he might just nick a set, going in off the back of a good run through the tournament, given that it could have made him confident. I'm chuffed to be wrong on that one.

I saw the second set almost in its entirety and all of the third. From what I saw Andy's level has risen considerably, which is great. I still get the feeling that more is to come too. Hope I'm right about that one!

To my mind it isn't the dips, such as the one in the first set, which admittedly I heard about, I didn't see, that are important so much. It's how Andy responds when it happens. If he dipped in the past Andy might have got frustrated with himself. Now he might get momentarily annoyed, but then he regroups and gets on with it. I think that's hugely significant.

So, it's Smugfed in the semi's. I'm sorry in a way, because I'd have liked Tsonga to win that quarter. To my mind he deserved it for the vast majority of that match. However, I thought Smugfed might pull the win out of his - well, choose your own body part or accessory. Whistle. Tsonga kept him out there though, and made him work, so good one Jo  clap.

I still have a brilliant feeling about the AO. I love the idea of Andy being the only man in the tournament who is yet to drop a set! I don't care who he has played or how he has played either. As my brother reminded me earlier, you can only play the person in front of you and get that right.

Some nice stats mentioned during the match about Andy in slams too. I'm sure they said something about him having had more match wins than any other British player in history, or was it that if he wins the tournament he will be? I was still waking up when they said it lol.

Frew McMillan and vile Simon Reed in commentary today. Why can't Frew resist having a dig at Andy over DC. Andy, do me a favour, win the tournament and then tell Frew and the lot of them to get stuffed.

Yeah ... i think if Andy wins the AO he will break Fred Perry's record of most wins for a British player. Considering where Andy is at his tennis career and his age ...fitness allowing...he could double the number of wins....making him probably the record wins holder for another 70 yrs or whatever it is.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #595 on: January 23, 2013, 06:02 PM »

If only Fed would use such humility when he was beaten. Instead of ' Uhm the other guy played well coz I was knackered' ...I might actually like him then....well uhm maybe thats pushing it a bit far Smile
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #596 on: January 23, 2013, 06:14 PM »

Yeah ... i think if Andy wins the AO he will break Fred Perry's record of most wins for a British player. Considering where Andy is at his tennis career and his age ...fitness allowing...he could double the number of wins....making him probably the record wins holder for another 70 yrs or whatever it is.

I listened again to what was actually said - I was half asleep this morning lol - and it was that if Andy gets to the final he will overtake Perry's record. No disrespect to Fred, but I am happy at the thought of Andy vanquishing him into history,to stop people ramming him in Andy's face during the majors, so I'd love him to do it. Course, beating Fed would be brilliant too lol.
IP Logged
Kavanaugh
Satellite Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #597 on: January 23, 2013, 07:46 PM »

Just wanted to say thanks to TMH for the video of the match!  I was watching the scoreboard this morning while I was getting ready for work and it's been so lovely to catch up with how the match actually went.  Andy was looking so sharp out there, which is definitely encouraging for Friday's semi. Smile
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #598 on: January 23, 2013, 07:58 PM »

Just watching game set matts, and Matts said the reason Smug fed has had night matches is because he sells tickets , which is rubbish when I was there 2 years ago , the tickets sold out months before the tournament , when you have no idea who is scheduled to play on which court, so that's rubbish  ranting
Mats W. thinks the sun shines out of RF backside.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: AO 2013 QF: Murray [3] v Chardy « Reply #599 on: January 23, 2013, 08:33 PM »

I've never heard such psycho-babbling nonsense in my life.  He's a complete moron.  I don;t know why the TV network gives him a platform.

Yeah i agree......Im sick of hearing these so called experts...that had a fraction of Andy's ability in their prime....telling everyone what is going on in Andy's head and what he needs to do for success...like they know him intimately.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »