Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  AO 2013 R1: Murray [3] vs Haase 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions.
Murray in 3 - 31 (73.8%)
Murray in 4 - 8 (19%)
Murray in 5 - 2 (4.8%)
Haase in 3 - 0 (0%)
Haase in 4 - 1 (2.4%)
Haase in 5 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 Go Down Reply
Author

AO 2013 R1: Murray [3] vs Haase

(Read 12626 times)
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #645 on: January 15, 2013, 10:56 AM »

Smile
Smile

Thanks prodigy Smile i will watch this when home from work. Look forward to it, the first game being missing isnt a problem fir me as its the only one i seen before the buggers switched channels on me. Lol
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #646 on: January 15, 2013, 12:14 PM »

Re showing the match on Eurosport now.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #647 on: January 15, 2013, 12:30 PM »

Now see, this is the new Andy. Quick, clean and efficient. Well done our lad!

I'm sure Andy will want to cut down the unforced errors a bit, but he surely will. It was the first round, he didn't need to be perfect, he just needed to be efficient, and he was. Haase looked quire befuddled as to what was going on, poor lamb........Not.

Andy returned well, and I loved seeing his FSP at 77%. That's pretty damned fine for Andy. Could the second serve do with a bit of work though?

The thing I loved was how Andy responded when Haase began to push him back off the baseline early in the second. No sooner as it was mentioned in commentary (by the way, is it me or is David Mercer really up himself?) Andy responded, taking control again. That was great see, him looking so proactive.

Andy did have a couple of dips in concentration, but I think it was because it was too easy for him - not that I'm complaining!

Loved the interview after the match. The man who did that was a sweetheart to him. Wonderful to hear the USO mentioned, the delight in Andy's eyes when the Olympics was mentioned will live with me for ages!

Fantastic start, onwards! Oh, and doesn't Andy look SO fit! I mean in the health sense, but that tight t-shirt is pretty effective too!

Just to correct myself a wee bit, Andy's FSP for the match was 73% I think - still very impressive methinks.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #648 on: January 15, 2013, 12:35 PM »

Just to warn anyone who recorded the match off Eurosport, don't be disappointed if it hasn't recorded if you have a Skyplus box. Mine recorded before the match, but nothing much during. I think switching channels confused the issue. Why Eurosport can't stick to their own schedule is completely beyond me, but just as well I stayed awake anyway, and I'm chuffed it was over quickly. A girl needs a bit of sleep!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #649 on: January 15, 2013, 12:38 PM »

Will be viewable in the morning
Nice one. I just want to see the match point again because my bleddy stream cut out.

Anyone know what times the ANDY boys made an appearance?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #650 on: January 15, 2013, 12:40 PM »

I can't remember exactly but I believe it was when Andy had won 4 games in a set but not sure and not even sure what set.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #651 on: January 15, 2013, 12:44 PM »

Had to laugh at this article on the aussies lack of support for Andy.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/nationworld/sns-rt-us-tennis-open-murray-supportbre90e053-20130114,0,5755078.story?

Easy going lot my *rse! arrogant and bitter more like.
Incredible isn't it?

People will see what they want to see.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #652 on: January 15, 2013, 12:44 PM »

I can't remember exactly but I believe it was when Andy had won 4 games in a set but not sure and not even sure what set.
Do you remember which match? Think

At the end of the first game of the second set they were shown. Probably at a few other times as well.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter January 15, 2013, 01:15 PM ] IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #653 on: January 15, 2013, 12:51 PM »

OMG, I'm breaking my head here too!!!! Just remember whatever you have written but nothing more....do you know against who was that PE??
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #654 on: January 15, 2013, 01:46 PM »

Just to warn anyone who recorded the match off Eurosport, don't be disappointed if it hasn't recorded if you have a Skyplus box. Mine recorded before the match, but nothing much during. I think switching channels confused the issue. Why Eurosport can't stick to their own schedule is completely beyond me, but just as well I stayed awake anyway, and I'm chuffed it was over quickly. A girl needs a bit of sleep!

Teejay did u read my earlier post? I was doing my nut. I got up at 4 am to watch b4 work and only got the first game recorded!!! Its a bloody disgrace-there was loads of folk on facebook complaining also. They are not being fair to those that are recording matches. Thankfully prodigy has uploaded it on here.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #655 on: January 15, 2013, 02:16 PM »

Set the bpx to record at 12.00am but woke up about 2.40am to see that the game was on the other eurosport  channel and the the match had been changed to 2.00am so changed the channel and put the record button on. Went to sleep and watched the match this morning. Lucky I did as the other box we have did not catch the match. Well done Andy I thought he played very well. So onward he marches.
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #656 on: January 15, 2013, 03:12 PM »

Was told he wasn't playing until midnight Tuesday & i woke up this morning & Andy was through. Sounded like a romp!! Couldn't have stayed up as was working. Damn it!! Hope to catch the highlights & i hope Eurosport get their act together.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #657 on: January 15, 2013, 03:39 PM »

Teejay did u read my earlier post? I was doing my nut. I got up at 4 am to watch b4 work and only got the first game recorded!!! Its a bloody disgrace-there was loads of folk on facebook complaining also. They are not being fair to those that are recording matches. Thankfully prodigy has uploaded it on here.

I did, sure, but the funny thing with mine is that I knew the channel had changed so I recorded accordingly. It's weird, I had before the match and after. Absolutely nothing in the middle - unless of course I haven't checked properly - which wouldn't surprise me lol.

Just as well I stayed awake, although God help me if Andy gets on any later/earlier for his next few matches. Thank God for the kind souls good enough to put stuff on youtube.

As you say though, they are being unfair to those who have to record matches. It's ridiculous.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #658 on: January 15, 2013, 03:44 PM »

Smile
Thanks Prodigy, is that the first set or the whole thing?  Seems here in the US, the tennis channel did the first set Andy and then went to the Lisicki/Wozniaki and just gave scores for Andy's match.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: AO 2013 R1: Murray (3) vs Haase « Reply #659 on: January 15, 2013, 03:49 PM »

Forgot to say earlier, someone mentioned what Andy wrote on the camera after the match. I think it might have been something to do with Ross Hutchins.

In one of the articles on Ross he refers to a nickname Andy calls him that no one else does. Andy wrote the name when he won Brisbane. I can't remember what the name is, but know it began with P. Apparently Andy has been using this nickname for Ross for years. I'll see if I can find the article and find out what the name is. At least then I will make sense.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »